Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2015 will not open before January 2015

Options
  • 20-11-2014 11:35pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

According to the IEC website, the 2015 quota will not open before January 2015:

dFwRI7D.png

So relax if you're waiting for next year; it'll be a while yet.

Meanwhile, as of 20/11/2014, you can still apply to the 2014 waiting list.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cait84

I put my name down 10 days ago on the waiting list and got an email last nite to say there was one visa available and to submit my documents and pay the fee!!! Wasn't expecting that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

The IEC info pages are moving to CIC

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Summerhill10

Cait84 wrote: »
    I put my name down 10 days ago on the waiting list and got an email last nite to say there was one visa available and to submit my documents and pay the fee!!! Wasn't expecting that :)

For IEC 2015??

For IEC 2014 :D

Wow very lucky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

so does that mean people can still go on iec and apply for 2014 visa or you have to been on the waiting list already or should my friends till 2015 opening?

Was your visa a working holiday or a young professional

I know the is plenty of young professionals still available but I'm hoping I can still apply for a 2014 young professional visa in the new year before IEC 2015 is launched

I was able to open a Kompass account for a WHV in November. So I did just that. I then got an email saying I was on a waiting list. 10 days later I got another email saying there was 1 visa available! My WTN number was 10847, I don't know if that indicates where you are on the list but I read on here that it does. Don't know if I just got lucky or there are lots more visas going. I read on hear that there wasn't too much demand for visas allocated for the young professionals and the intern program to they allocated visa from these programs to the WHV. Don't quote me on that now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

I was able to open a Kompass account for a WHV in November. So I did just that. I then got an email saying I was on a waiting list. 10 days later I got another email saying there was 1 visa available! My WTN number was 10847, I don't know if that indicates where you are on the list but I read on here that it does. Don't know if I just got lucky or there are lots more visas going. I read on hear that there wasn't too much demand for visas allocated for the young professionals and the intern program to they allocated visa from these programs to the WHV. Don't quote me on that now!

Yourself and my boyfriend are in a similar position then! He applied in November too. We're currently waiting on his POE and it's nerve wracking that it's January now and there's no sign, even though logically I know there probably wasn't anyone processing visa applications over Christmas :D can I ask if you've received your POE letter yet?

I think it takes about 4-6 weeks for the work permit to be approved. I applied for the work permit on 11 December so I'm thinking maybe the end of January I will get news.

• Advertisement

I think it takes about 4-6 weeks for the work permit to be approved. I applied for the work permit on 11 December so I'm thinking maybe the end of January I will get news.

Did you apply for IEC whv ? Or did you just apply for a work permit from the CIC website?

I applied for a WHV through my Kompass account and when the visa was approved I then applied for a work permit on the CIC website. I'm still waiting for news on this.

Just got my POE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

Hi guys, new to this just wondering when the IEC visas will open up for 2015 I herd it was going to be this month ?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

A.G.S wrote: »
    Hi guys, new to this just wondering when the IEC visas will open up for 2015 I herd it was going to be this month ?

you just have to keep checking the iec website it will tell you the date and time when it will open nobody on here or in usit will know till its released on the website.

Advertisement