Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Beats solo review

Options
  • 21-11-2014 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Got a pair of 220euro Dr Beat headphones from curry's on line and a month in the right channel went wolley. Brought them back to PC world/Curry's in Airside, and in fairness they did not complain about replacing them however they said that they were, quote"Amazed," because this was the most does what it says on the can product. I told them that I wasn't filled with confidence given that it had let me down but after realizing that they had literally none of the other brands of headphones from their pitiful selection in stock( "well can I exchange for this one?-No, I'm afraid we don't have it in stock""well can I exchange for this one?-No, I'm afraid we don't have it in stock""well can I exchange for this one?-No, I'm afraid we don't have it in stock""well can I exchange for this one?-No, I'm afraid we don't have it in stock"....Etc) I agreed to just grab another pair of Dr. Beat Solo's. BIG MISTAKE!
    Less than a week later the lead is frizzed. Beware! This is a sub-standard product. The sound even if it does work is waaaay to balanced into the bass frequency. This is now an apple product and as such has the usual style over content problems. Nice packaging-shame about the product. These headphones for the quality? Should line up with the serviceable Sennheiser 29.99 euro model. For my money-get a Sony or Monster equivalent range. I'm going to try get my money back. But I won't be able to march into Curry's or PC World. Be warned. The On-line company is a separate company. You won't be able to do anything except exchange at the shops. If you want a refund you have to tackle the on-line company. A cautionary tale! Also, don't buy headphones online unless you have plugged into your MP3 player with your fav music in a shop and like what you hear(There are vast differences between headphone sounds) then you can go and shop around. This is why there will always be a essential need for outlets.

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

E.B Kav wrote: »
    Got a pair of 220euro Dr Beat headphones from curry's on line and a month in the right channel went wolley. Brought them back to PC world/Curry's in Airside, and in fairness they did not complain about replacing them however they said that they were, quote"Amazed," because this was the most does what it says on the can product. I told them that I wasn't filled with confidence given that it had let me down but after realizing that they had literally none of the other brands of headphones from their pitiful selection in stock( "well can I exchange for this one?-No, I'm afraid we don't have it in stock""well can I exchange for this one?-No, I'm afraid we don't have it in stock""well can I exchange for this one?-No, I'm afraid we don't have it in stock""well can I exchange for this one?-No, I'm afraid we don't have it in stock"....Etc) I agreed to just grab another pair of Dr. Beat Solo's. BIG MISTAKE!
    Less than a week later the lead is frizzed. Beware! This is a sub-standard product. The sound even if it does work is waaaay to balanced into the bass frequency. This is now an apple product and as such has the usual style over content problems. Nice packaging-shame about the product. These headphones for the quality? Should line up with the serviceable Sennheiser 29.99 euro model. For my money-get a Sony or Monster equivalent range. I'm going to try get my money back. But I won't be able to march into Curry's or PC World. Be warned. The On-line company is a separate company. You won't be able to do anything except exchange at the shops. If you want a refund you have to tackle the on-line company. A cautionary tale! Also, don't buy headphones online unless you have plugged into your MP3 player with your fav music in a shop and like what you hear(There are vast differences between headphone sounds) then you can go and shop around. This is why there will always be a essential need for outlets.

Eoin
    No, they've always been that bad.

And anyone who doesn't like the Apple EarPods is deaf.

Advertisement