Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OLOL drogheda c section

Options
  • 21-11-2014 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hiya, I'm trying to find opinions on having a c section in OLOL drogheda. I've had 2 sections before but in a different hospital. As we've moved since,I haven't much choice but to go to drogheda for the third. Has anyone had a section there recently and can you give me your honest brutal opinions on their care? Googling this subject has been traumatic!!!! If it's as bad as I have been reading about,I may find myself driving all the way in to dublin for appointments to avoid it!!! Help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

I had a c section in olol 2years ago and had my 3rd baby there in august.

I honestly can't fault the care I've received any time but especially when I had the section as I ended up with complications and they realised I had pneumonia about 2 hours after the section.

They really looked after me made sure I was comfortable kept on top of my pain meds and even sat by my bed and helped me with my baby.

I was in for 5 days in total.

I actually live in Wicklow now and still travelled up to have my Baby in Drogheda.

I hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Emsylogical

Kaylami wrote: »
    I had a c section in olol 2years ago and had my 3rd baby there in august.

I honestly can't fault the care I've received any time but especially when I had the section as I ended up with complications and they realised I had pneumonia about 2 hours after the section.

They really looked after me made sure I was comfortable kept on top of my pain meds and even sat by my bed and helped me with my baby.

I was in for 5 days in total.

I actually live in Wicklow now and still travelled up to have my Baby in Drogheda.

I hope this helps!

Thanks! I've been finding awful stuff online and having experienced the emergency dept there only yesterday,I wouldn't be too confident in the hospital. Planning for number 3 next year and just trying to find personal experiences of the maternity ward. Thanks for helping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Thanks! I've been finding awful stuff online and having experienced the emergency dept there only yesterday,I wouldn't be too confident in the hospital. Planning for number 3 next year and just trying to find personal experiences of the maternity ward. Thanks for helping :)

The a&e is not great to be perfectly honest but please don't let that colour your view of the maternity section.

As far as I am aware you can organise a visit to the maternity section through the antenatal classes and you will do a tour.

But as I said all 3 times with 3 very different deliveries I found them great especially with women who had a section.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chloebeag

I have had both an emergency and a planned c-section in OLOL within the past 3 years.
    I felt that myself and my baby were very well cared for. I would have nothing but good things to say about the midwives and doctors.
    Best of luck.

Advertisement