Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's for dinner?

Options
  • 21-11-2014 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Wifes away tonight on some christmas dinner malark in Wessshhtport.

Have to fend for myself for the spuds, I work in the city but live out in Craughwell, any recommendations of something different I could try for the dinner, take-away

Cheers

I've posted 3 threads to boards so far and everyone of them food related

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Do a practise-run cooking the amazing dish you're planning to make for the wife for Christmas dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The local takeaway places focus on Chinese, pizza and Indian. I doubt any will deliver to Craughwell.
    What you could do it getting a quiznoz on Tuam Rd and bring home.

Or cook a real meal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alimegs

nah im not cooking tonight,plus we are going to her family for christmas so I have no practicing to do.

I'm going to pick something up on the road home from the city so am thinking Dougishka, Oranmore etc could be options. Although the chinese in Oranmore is not an option as they have swanned off back to China on their holidays.

Selfish lumps

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

alimegs wrote: »
    nah im not cooking tonight,plus we are going to her family for christmas so I have no practicing to do.

I'm going to pick something up on the road home from the city so am thinking Dougishka, Oranmore etc could be options. Although the chinese in Oranmore is not an option as they have swanned off back to China on their holidays.

Selfish lumps

Jack Jordans in doughiska

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

alimegs wrote: »

Selfish lumps

There are two Chinese's in Oranmore - Circle K and the other one opposite the Moorings, has changed names a few times recently so no idea what it's called now. In terms of fast food Chinese, that is. There's also Asian Fusion down the other end, but that's higher quality Chinese food.

There's also an Indian Takeaway in Oranmore on the corner opposite McDonaghs Pub/BOI Bank.

And Giovanni's takeaway there on the main street as well, good proper chipper, and good old reliable Supermacs too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,161 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Amber fire fillet beef in Chans in doughiska..you wont regret it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Oran Tandoori in Oranmore is a nice Indian.

Lamb korma with loads of Naan and poppadoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

A nice greasy kebab from that place on Eglantine Street.

Advertisement