Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing periods?

Options
  • 21-11-2014 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭

Could I ask why the so called bi-monthly bills arent exactly bi-monthly in terms of the actual number of days that I am billed for?

For example my last 2 bills covered 56 days and 58 days respectively whereas they should have covered 61 and 62 days respectively.

This looks like a marketing ploy to me as it gives the false appearance or impression that the bills are actually cheaper.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi muffler,

Thanks for your post.

Customers should receive six bills per year, which works out at an average billing period of 61 days. Depending on when readings are taken, this may be slightly more, or in the case of your recent two bills, slightly less than 61 days. Over a yearly period this should balance out however.

ESB Networks plan to read your meter four times a year, so four of your bills would be based on actual readings (provided there are no difficulties gaining access to the meter). The remaining two are based on estimated readings. For more information on our reading policy, see here.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Let me explain a little more. Prior to moving over to EI I was with Airtricity and their billing periods were based on the same date in every 2nd month which first of all give a far more accurate guide as to what I was paying but also allowed for the provision of my own meter readings at set dates.

The latter point is something I cant do with EI as the billing period keeps being brought forward and hence I do not have a fixed date to submit a meter reading on the occasions when its not read by your staff.

My first bill with EI was for a period in April 2014 to 2nd May which I thought was taking me into a fixed regular calendar billing date. I assumed at the time that all subsequent bills would be for periods ending on the 2nd of every other month. 3 bi-monthly bills later and my latest billing period ended on 24th October.

Accordingly Im reluctant to accept your explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi muffler,

I can appreciate where you're coming from.

Bills should normally be issued at the roughly the same time every couple of months (give or take a few days) - can you send us your details by private message (including your full name, address, contact number and confirmation that you are the account holder) so that we can look into this for you? 

Thanks,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Hi muffler,

I can appreciate where you're coming from.

Bills should normally be issued at the roughly the same time every couple of months (give or take a few days) - can you send us your details by private message (including your full name, address, contact number and confirmation that you are the account holder) so that we can look into this for you? 

Thanks,
    David
    Will do David.

Appreciated.

Advertisement