Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Oh man...I might just be getting over a very heavy weekend at Forbidden Fruit but I am really getting excited for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

You would think there would be some sort of day splits displayed now, when do they actually show the day splits its just over two weeks away.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Absolut Art Bar, designed by Shrine, hosting Kormac, Get Down Edits and much much more...

Sounds like fun :)

Looks deadly! 15 days!

Where are the day splits?

Yeah I think Leftfield has cancelled, all online sources listing Leftfields tour give the venues date finishing on 19th June at Barrowlands, Glasgow the next date listed is Glastonbury festival. Body & Soul, Leftfield and Neil Barnes facebook page haven't replied to my query on Facebook, something dodgy going on here, why is Ireland not recognised in the gig guides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Yeah I think Leftfield has cancelled, all online sources listing Leftfields tour give the venues date finishing on 19th June at Barrowlands, Glasgow the next date listed is Glastonbury festival, Body & Soul haven't replied to my query on Facebook, something dodgy going on here, why is Ireland not recognised in the gig guides.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet, Songkick don't have B&S listed for Flight Facilities or Super Furry Animals either, the SFA offical site doesn't list it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet, Songkick don't have B&S listed for Flight Facilities or Super Furry Animals either, the SFA offical site doesn't list it either.
    Maybe they have all pulled out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Maybe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Ohhh don't say things like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Flight Facilities listed to play on their main website - so that's something.

But if SFA don't show I will be almost as upset as my 4 year old will be if the carousel they had between Midnight Circus and Jook Joint isn't there.

Is Jook Joint no more this year? Perhaps replaced by this Absolut bar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Absolut Art Bar, designed by Shrine, hosting Kormac, Get Down Edits and much much more...

Sounds like fun :)

Most of my mates are playing that bar over the weekend so I'll probably be part of the furniture! Great lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

I can't imagine that much has changed in general duties since 2012, so have a good festival and perhaps we will have a boards meet up there too.

Edit: My review from 2012, will probably have a bit more detail than this post. https://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/bodysoul2012/

Hey Bodhrandude, hope ya'd a good time at Life - I look forward to the review! Your B&S 2012 one was great, and very insightful. I'm not too pushed about the work I do anyway, just have to make sure I set a good alarm :P I wouldn't know too many people heading so I'd be up for a boards meet up too if it goes ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I would almost pay €140 for the Absolute bar alone, nearly all of my favourite Irish DJs are playing down there. Getting very excited now, I'm sure we will hear from them regarding a day by day breakdown over the next few days now that Forbidden Fruit and Life are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

There seems to be way more stuff this year.

And by stuff I mean amazingness :)

Rfrip wrote: »
    There seems to be way more stuff this year.

And by stuff I mean amazingness :)

Yep. One of my favourite things about last year was you could just wander with a few mates, get lost, and end up at something amazing by pure chance. Plenty of opportunity for that this year too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Cannot wait for kiasmos. Also looking forward to asgeir and leftfield. Who else shouldn't be missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

LG1234 wrote: »
    Cannot wait for kiasmos. Also looking forward to asgeir and leftfield. Who else shouldn't be missed?

If you're into Kiasmos then I'd say James Holden, Clark, Tiga and Talaboman.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

SFA, OK!!

I'm praying to fcuk that the clouds will eventually part and bring this bloody heatwave everyone is talking about in time for the festival, I don't think I could handle another wet one like Life festival. This reminds me I need to get that Life review down.

Flight facilites and sohn
    That asgeir album is amazing. Can't wait to hear torrent

• Advertisement

I'm praying to fcuk that the clouds will eventually part and bring this bloody heatwave everyone is talking about in time for the festival, I don't think I could handle another wet one like Life festival. This reminds me I need to get that Life review down.

Totally, it's still chilly. Praying for a repeat of last years climate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

KING KONG COMPANY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Live fairly local to Ballinalough and weather forecast is due to improve next week. Forecast for 19c from Wednesday so lets hope it sticks.
    On the plus side I can always nip home to me leaba if its shíte. :D

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Live fairly local to Ballinalough and weather forecast is due to improve next week. Forecast for 19c from Wednesday so lets hope it sticks.
    On the plus side I can always nip home to me leaba if its shíte. :D

Any room for others in just in case. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Any room for others in just in case. :)

Sure something can be arranged. Lol

Just got around to listening to Kiasmos's album... they've gone to the top of the list of must catch for me now! Really good stuff.

For me the must sees are

Kiasmos
    Leftfield
    James Holden
    Clark
    Tiga
    Talaboman
    Flight Facilities
    **** Robot
    Mmoths
    Clu
    Goat
    Rhye
    Asgier
    Lamb

Hoping no overlaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Has anyone succeeded in using the official 'Muddy' app?

I've tried a few times with different emails. It tells me to check my email (presumably for a verification) but I've received nada

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

Has anyone succeeded in using the official 'Muddy' app?

I've tried a few times with different emails. It tells me to check my email (presumably for a verification) but I've received nada

Yeah I was having the same problem. When it says check your email I think it means check the email address you entered. It has to be all lower case. That worked for me then.

But once I got in I can't find anything to do with B&S anywhere. Don't get the point of these apps. Most peoples battery's will be dead by Friday night anyways. I hope they still release stage times beforehand and are not just going to be using this app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

kwat wrote: »
    Yeah I was having the same problem. When it says check your email I think it means check the email address you entered. It has to be all lower case. That worked for me then.

But once I got in I can't find anything to do with B&S anywhere. Don't get the point of these apps. Most peoples battery's will be dead by Friday night anyways. I hope they still release stage times beforehand and are not just going to be using this app.

One of the joys of going to a festival for me is pulling up in the car park, leaving my smartphone in the boot and turning on my sh1tty €30 nokia 'festival phone'.

Away from modern technology and the outside world for 3 glorious days. No checking facebook/boards/emails every 30mins, detracting from the fun going on all around me. I can do without the hassle of apps and worrying about my battery dying or losing my phone. Wasting valuable festival time queuing to charge my phone.

I just print a timetable the day before, and try to memorize the times/locations that a few of my must-see bands are playing.

Apps lads...... Tis far from apps we were reared lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

Are they strict on the no gazebo rule?

I remember EP saying they were not allowed but I never had trouble bringing one in there

Advertisement