Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hey Bodhrandude, hope ya'd a good time at Life - I look forward to the review! Your B&S 2012 one was great, and very insightful. I'm not too pushed about the work I do anyway, just have to make sure I set a good alarm :P I wouldn't know too many people heading so I'd be up for a boards meet up too if it goes ahead!

https://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2015/06/06/life-festival-2015-ireland-29th-31st-may-review/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Jeezo its a bit of a slow day for festival talking eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Jeezo its a bit of a slow day for festival talking eh!

Say we're all just waiting on stage times now, when did they release them last year? I remember about two weeks prior to the event there was a facebook event page for the Reckless in Love stage, have been looking out for one this year but no sign so far. Presume with the addition of the treehaus stage and the absolute bar that it's going to be slightly bigger this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

anyone any idea if this will sell out? its been on the last tier of tickets for a while would love to know how many weekend tickets are left. cant get ticket until closer the date

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roudolph

Anyone be able to tell me where I might be able to find more of Talaboman's stuff? Nothing in the usual Spotify/Soundcloud/Youtube apart from couple of tunes. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Roudolph wrote: »
    Anyone be able to tell me where I might be able to find more of Talaboman's stuff? Nothing in the usual Spotify/Soundcloud/Youtube apart from couple of tunes. Cheers.

I think its the same as SiriusModeselektor and Braekes (Boys Noise & Mr Ozio) there doesn't seem to be a release by any of these combinations. Talaboman is John Talabot & Axel Bowman I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

I think its the same as SiriusModeselektor and Braekes (Boys Noise & Mr Ozio) there doesn't seem to be a release by any of these combinations. Talaboman is John Talabot & Axel Bowman I think.

Yep. Not sure if they've released much more than one single under that name. It'll be a dj set anyway, not a live performance, so mostly other peoples tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

From (dim) memory, I think BnS can give headliners short enough slots - anyone else who's been last few years think that? Please tell me I've made it up... may be based on a quite short (yet amazing) Spiritualised set a few years back.

Please let SFA get AT LEAST 90 minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Roudolph wrote: »
    Seems to be mostly just Sideral, and mixes of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

From (dim) memory, I think BnS can give headliners short enough slots - anyone else who's been last few years think that? Please tell me I've made it up... may be based on a quite short (yet amazing) Spiritualised set a few years back.

Darkside and Caribou were long enough last year...

... although I could've done another hour of Caribou, it was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sineadbcoyle

Decos wrote: »
    Are they strict on the no gazebo rule?

I remember EP saying they were not allowed but I never had trouble bringing one in there

We brought a gazebo last year and it was the first year in the 3 years I've been that they told us to take it down. We kept putting it up, they kept telling us to take it down. They said it was taking up too much space and people could be arriving all weekend. In fairness we were being a bit selfish as we were trying to have a space in the middle of our group's tents to hang out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Its most often 60 minutes, sometimes 75 minutes. Goldfrapp played 90 minutes last year, so 90 for SFA seems likely/possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Seems very, very late for them to announce the days and times. It's only a week and a half away.
    I don't know how they can expect to shift the Sunday day tickets if no one knows who's on

A group of lads put up a gazebo beside us and never got told to take it down... Although, the lads literally spent 2 days trying to put it up... in the end they just started trying to tape it together, desperate stuff all together but gave us no end of entertainment.

Seems very, very late for them to announce the days and times. It's only a week and a half away.
    I don't know how they can expect to shift the Sunday day tickets if no one knows who's on

From all accounts they seem to be flying.

People go to B&S for the atmosphere rather than the actual acts themselves.

As I said before I'm not actually blown away by the lineup this year, there's a fair few acts I'm really interested in seeing but nothing as good as last year, yet I know I'm going to have an awesome weekend. B&S just has that appeal, anyone could be playing at it.

I'm actually putting together a mix of artists just playing at B&S this year, and I'm actually struggling to find an hours worth of tracks I really like and ones that will fit together in a mix. I think that says a lot, but despite that I know I'll enjoy the music. I know several people going down on Sunday and they don't care who's playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they'll probably sell well even without them, a lot of daytrippers these days tend to be people who just want to go and experience a festival with little regard for who's playing.
    i think EP sold out Sunday tickets without even a lineup, let alone a breakdown...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

very early weather forecasts seem to suggest mostly cloudy with a birra rain.

I still haven't got my ticket in the post yet. Should I be worried?

edit: nevermind, my tickets are the printout ones (doh)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

What time do gates open on the Friday and how quickly does the campsite fill up so to speak? Decent gang of us meeting up for first time in a while and would be handy to tent together.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

What time do gates open on the Friday and how quickly does the campsite fill up so to speak? Decent gang of us meeting up for first time in a while and would be handy to tent together.

At 3 o clock, area I was in filled up pretty quickly but we were close to the arena. I'm sure you'd be fine getting space a bit further back

• Advertisement

Ah the place doesn't really fill up til late in the evening. I was one of the first in, but had to wait for mates to arrive with my tent, had a little snooze under the tree as soon as you come in, few hours passed by and I started getting worried we'd have no space... then when we eventually did go down we found loads of space everywhere.

There is a point tho when it just seems like the flood gates open, and that little 2x2 communal spot for you and your mates you had between your tents is taken up by some randomers tent and it's near impossible to walk through the tents! Altho having said that like HausOfTony we were right down near the main arena near the big blue bus etc.

... So glad I'm boutique-ing it this year. :cool:

very early weather forecasts seem to suggest mostly cloudy with a birra rain.

I still haven't got my ticket in the post yet. Should I be worried?

edit: nevermind, my tickets are the printout ones (doh)

Unless it's a daily forecast for Ireland I wouldn't bother with it. Our weather changes so rapidly - sure it was supposed to bucket over the weekend in Dublin and it didn't.

I'm hoping we get a mostly dry weekend tho, that's all you can hope for. If we get anything like the weather we got last year we'd be blessed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Cheers guys. Yeah I don't think we'll care about having to walk a bit anyways so being a bit down the back of the site is fine. And seeing as I'm driving I'll probably head up early enough. Just have bad memories of landing late-ish to Oxegen 10 odd years ago and it being like a bombsite with no space anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

According to the weather forecast expert here on the boards weather forum it might be a warm spell around festival time. Pinch of salt tho of course!

WEEKEND OUTLOOK ... At this point, the best guess would be cloudy with sunny intervals, a few showers here or there, and temperatures either below or near normal values in the 14-17 C range, with nights around 7-9 C. This could improve or get somewhat worse depending on how stubborn the low pressure complex over Britain becomes late in the week. Also, there's a weak secondary system lurking to the northwest that wants to take a leisurely tour of Ireland and Britain early to mid-week after the weekend, and that could turn into spells of heavy showers in some areas with temperatures mid-teens. Beyond that, improvemernts could be steady and another dry, reasonably warm spell could develop later next week (around the 18th to 20th).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Can you buy Ice at the festival? I know I could at EP two years ago. Thinking of bringing a cooler bag or any tips so beers that survive to Sunday are drinkable or semi cooled?

Don't recall any ice last year, could be mistaken tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

No ice previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Nope, no ice the last 3 years anyway. Had to go into Delvin to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Panti is in the Vodafone Comedy Tent on the Saturday for anyone interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Tiga live is gonna be fun.

Advertisement