Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Don't recall seeing this being posted but Super Furry Animals have said they're playing on the 20th (Twitter)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Anyone know if you can buy bus tickets at Custom House Quay? I didn't buy a combined bus ticket because I thought I'd be driving but things have changed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

.ak wrote: »

I'm actually putting together a mix of artists just playing at B&S this year, and I'm actually struggling to find an hours worth of tracks I really like and ones that will fit together in a mix. I think that says a lot, but despite that I know I'll enjoy the music. I know several people going down on Sunday and they don't care who's playing.

We should be able to piece together something between us. Here's a few I would put in playlist, moving from mellow to lively:

Nightmares on Wax - Morse
    Nightmares On Wax - Jorge
    Kiasmos - Looped
    Kiasmos - Lit
    New Jackson - Having a Coke With You
    Leftfield - Release the Pressure
    New Jackson - Sat Around Here Waiting
    Kormac - Wash My Hands
    Flight Facilities - Two Bodies
    Flight Facilities - Down To Earth
    Kormac - Superhero
    Leftfield - Space Shanty
    Leftfield - Phat Planet
    Talaboman - Sideral original mix

Some other more indie ones that dont fit in with the electro stuff. I don't have enough for a playlist but some towards one:
    Rhye - Open
    Rhye - The Fall
    Super Furry Animals - Slow Life
    Super Furry Animals - Northern Lites
    Matthew E. White - Rock n Roll Is Cold
    Matthew E. White - Steady Pace
    Austra - Beat And The Pulse

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

We should be able to piece together something between us. Here's a few I would put in playlist, moving from mellow to lively:

Kiasmos - Looped
    Kiasmos - Lit
    Kormac - Wash My Hands
    Kormac - Superhero
    Leftfield - Space Shanty
    Leftfield - Phat Planet

Some other more indie ones that dont fit in with the electro stuff. I don't have enough for a playlist but some towards one:
    Rhye - Open
    Rhye - The Fall

Hoi! Where's James Holden's Lump.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Ha, dont really know him, but its a collaborative playlist!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Just threw that on and had a listen - sounds like my cup of tea. Would like them on the Friday night please, BnS schedulers.

To my "knowing just enough about electronic music to make myself sound like an idiot while still dropping some pretty good names" ears, what I'm looking for is somewhere between what I consider the more artistic/psychedelic end of the scale like Holden and the faintly "safe" sounds of Flight Facilities - all while maintaining a distinct party air to things..

So who should I check out next? Tiga/Kiasmos/Sohn/NoW/????

Pointers please people :)

Kiasmos - Looped
    Kiasmos - Lit
    Kormac - Wash My Hands
    Kormac - Superhero
    Leftfield - Space Shanty
    Leftfield - Phat Planet

Rhye - Open
    Rhye - The Fall

For people looking to get started on some SFA, here are five that I will be totally losing my sh1t to when they play them (and based on current setlists they will play most of them)

Arnofio / Glo in the Dark
    Hometown Unicorn
    Ice Hockey Hair
    Receptacle for the Respectable
    The Man Don't Give a F!ck

For people looking to get started on some SFA, here are five that I will be totally losing my sh1t to when they play them (and based on current setlists they will play most of them)

Arnofio / Glo in the Dark
    Hometown Unicorn
    Ice Hockey Hair
    Receptacle for the Respectable
    The Man Don't Give a F!ck
    They seem to be playing some nice more obscure ones too like Pan Ddaw'r Wawr and Run Christian Run. But that was in full length sets from London.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hdaniel2893

Seems tickets are now sold out.Anyone got any insight when(or if they do at all) they would release more tickets?

edit:Also any advice on buying second hand tickets that arent fake?Are the cardboard kind ever generally faked or is it just the paper print out ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Seems tickets are now sold out.Anyone got any insight when(or if they do at all) they would release more tickets?

edit:Also any advice on buying second hand tickets that arent fake?Are the cardboard kind ever generally faked or is it just the paper print out ones?

Searching #TicketFairy on Twitter is a good way of finding tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Kiasmos - Looped
    Kiasmos - Lit
    Kormac - Wash My Hands
    Kormac - Superhero
    Leftfield - Space Shanty
    Leftfield - Phat Planet

Rhye - Open
    Rhye - The Fall

Has Kormac been announced? Is it a dj set or with the band?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

First time at Body & Soul. I'm guessing the site is a lot smaller than Electric Picnic and nowhere is too far away?
    We're went for the tipis. From looking at the sitemap from last year the boutique site looks pretty close to the main arena. Anyone know if the boutique campsite has its own toilets or showers?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roudolph

Seems to be mostly just Sideral, and mixes of it

Cheers for the responses folks. That soundcloud link is pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roudolph

Just threw that on and had a listen - sounds like my cup of tea. Would like them on the Friday night please, BnS schedulers.

To my "knowing just enough about electronic music to make myself sound like an idiot while still dropping some pretty good names" ears, what I'm looking for is somewhere between what I consider the more artistic/psychedelic end of the scale like Holden and the faintly "safe" sounds of Flight Facilities - all while maintaining a distinct party air to things..

So who should I check out next? Tiga/Kiasmos/Sohn/NoW/????

Pointers please people :)

John Talabot has on his schedule that he's playing the Friday night so looks like he/they may have heard you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Kiasmos - Looped
    Kiasmos - Lit
    Kormac - Wash My Hands
    Kormac - Superhero
    Leftfield - Space Shanty
    Leftfield - Phat Planet

Rhye - Open
    Rhye - The Fall

Don't know if you're familiar with Sh!t Robot, but he's one of my must sees of the weekend.

They seem to be playing some nice more obscure ones too like Pan Ddaw'r Wawr and Run Christian Run. But that was in full length sets from London.

I expect they will maintain the mid-set Mwng section - a double edged sword as while some of the tunes are lovely (see Y Gwyneb Lau), they're both less well known and less lively so may lead to a loss of vibe unless there is a serious Super Furry Fanclub on site.

I'm sure it will be pretty awesome in any case - I'll be up the front doing my best impression of a thirteen year old schoolgirl going to see the Beatles. If I faint, try not to trample on any of my softer bits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

I expect they will maintain the mid-set Mwng section - a double edged sword as while some of the tunes are lovely (see Y Gwyneb Lau), they're both less well known and less lively so may lead to a loss of vibe unless there is a serious Super Furry Fanclub on site.

I'm sure it will be pretty awesome in any case - I'll be up the front doing my best impression of a thirteen year old schoolgirl going to see the Beatles. If I faint, try not to trample on any of my softer bits :)

I’ll be the 13 year old boy right there with you man!! They might not keep too much of the Mwng set as it is a festival, and a headlining slot at that, so the usual protocol is for crowd pleasers first and foremost.At least that’s what I’m telling myself anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Just got back yesterday from Primavera in Portugal. Dan Deacon had a lad from Donegal up as the first go on the dance off. His set will be a must see, one of my top 3 acts from last week

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

My favourite track of his. It's silly how good it is. Listen to it in a dark room with your eyes closed!

Idiot and his remix of the Sky was Pink.... Epic!

Not mad on a lot of his new stuff tho. Hopefully he works some of that sort of stuff into the set.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

kwat wrote: »
    First time at Body & Soul. I'm guessing the site is a lot smaller than Electric Picnic and nowhere is too far away?
    We're went for the tipis. From looking at the sitemap from last year the boutique site looks pretty close to the main arena. Anyone know if the boutique campsite has its own toilets or showers?

They have their own toilets but I not showers. You get coupons for the showers tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 yeoj

Wondering if anyone has stayed in accommodation in kells and attended the festival in previous years.... Is this a viable option? Please share thoughts / experiences? Thanks

.ak wrote: »
    My favourite track of his. It's silly how good it is. Listen to it in a dark room with your eyes closed!

Idiot and his remix of the Sky was Pink.... Epic!

Not mad on a lot of his new stuff tho. Hopefully he works some of that sort of stuff into the set.

He closes with Lump as far as I know,

Has Kormac been announced? Is it a dj set or with the band?
    Says Kormac AV show on the lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

yeoj wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone has stayed in accommodation in kells and attended the festival in previous years.... Is this a viable option? Please share thoughts / experiences? Thanks

It's about 15/20 mins in a taxi, maybe more. The only annoying thing is that there is no taxi rank in Kells per se, you have to go into the nearby hotel and book one through their office which can be taxing to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

The days are up

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Bogsnorkler

The days are up

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

The days are up

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Bogsnorkler

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mcbumhole

Cant believe Tiga and Leftfield are on the Sunday night :mad:

• Advertisement

11430227_953939027992440_5733524533569135271_n.jpg?oh=25103de146073f9e02fb6051c1eaab53&oe=55F38DFC

Advertisement