Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Too much good stuff on Sunday... Bound to be some overlaps. :( would've thought tiga would've been perfect for the circus tent on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

.ak wrote: »
    Too much good stuff on Sunday... Bound to be some overlaps. :( would've thought tiga would've been perfect for the circus tent on Saturday

I'm hoping James Holden doesn't clash with Leftfield, I could see Leftfield on the main stage while Holden could be in the Midnight Court tent or whatever marquee they have now.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

.ak wrote: »
    My favourite track of his. It's silly how good it is. Listen to it in a dark room with your eyes closed!

Idiot and his remix of the Sky was Pink.... Epic!

Not mad on a lot of his new stuff tho. Hopefully he works some of that sort of stuff into the set.

I love Blackpool Late Eighties and the Illuminations from the new record, really nice tracks, just a very unusual techno DJ of a sort, quite laid back, definitely Body & Soul fodder.

Theres talk in some of the Body & Soul facebook groups saying that this event has sold out, but I hear buying tickets online can be glitchy from the Body & Soul site.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Theres talk in some of the Body & Soul facebook groups saying that this event has sold out, but I hear buying tickets online can be glitchy from the Body & Soul site.

I bought my ticket instore today but I couldn't get them online last night so don't know what's goin on there. Had a bit of restless sleep because of it.. Was told the gates aren't open till 3 on Friday aswell, was hoping to be well settled in there at that stage

• Advertisement

Loads of people in the groups have been trying to buy them online all day so it looks like it could be sold out on the internet side. Apparently ticketmaster offers you the tickets now at 149.50 euros but when you select and go to buy it says its sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

is ticketmaster the only place for tkts? anywhere else really need to get 2 didnt think it would sell out this early

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

madma wrote: »
    is ticketmaster the only place for tkts? anywhere else really need to get 2 didnt think it would sell out this early

Head into a ticketmaster counter/outlet if you can. Someone above said they got theirs even though they couldn't online

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

It's not sold out yet

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lynchy

Really Looking forward to this now that it is getting closer. My stress levels always go up by having my eyes welded to the weather forecast for the next days. I was hoping to be in by 12 or 1 o clock. Got caught in traffic for nearly 2 hours last year and it was an awful dose.e

• Advertisement

I love Blackpool Late Eighties and the Illuminations from the new record, really nice tracks, just a very unusual techno DJ of a sort, quite laid back, definitely Body & Soul fodder.

Yeh illuminations is a ready made classic allright. Yeh there's a few tracks off it I really like, and they'll work well in a live set, but they don't have the epic melodies and hooks from his earlier stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

They just posted on Facebook that there is a 'very limited' few tickets just gone back on sale on ticketmaster.

Get em while you can folks!!

Someone please do my homework for me and tell me all the must see dance acts.
    What was the stage with all the light bulbs last year? That place was rocking.

As for tickets, if it is "sold out" some festivals give tickets to those who work/organise as payment and they often appear for sale online near the event, but don't tell anyone that. It is a secret.

Lightbulbs in the forest? That would be Reckless in Love stage... defo my favourite too. I imagine it's a nicely sheltered place even if it does rain this year.

Regarding who to see... Well I'll share my who to catch spreadsheet when I get the set times! :D

lynchy wrote: »
    Really Looking forward to this now that it is getting closer. My stress levels always go up by having my eyes welded to the weather forecast for the next days. I was hoping to be in by 12 or 1 o clock. Got caught in traffic for nearly 2 hours last year and it was an awful dose.e

Yeh I'm trying to ignore the forecast tbh. As per usual it's changing every day and my heart can't take it.

It's not sold out yet

Try buying a ticket online and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

seems to be a few more weekend tickets released all right

Just tried, it was fine?

Gates don't open till 3 man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Acts are nicely spread out over the three days, I wonder will we see the stage times released in the days building up to it or will they just release them on that app or sell the timetables there. Haven't seen a mention of the 'My House' hut appearing this year, was only a small little hut in the woods but I had brilliant craic in there last year, would be a shame if it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

anyone know which day Kormac is playing? can't see him on the breakdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Acts are nicely spread out over the three days, I wonder will we see the stage times released in the days building up to it or will they just release them on that app or sell the timetables there. Haven't seen a mention of the 'My House' hut appearing this year, was only a small little hut in the woods but I had brilliant craic in there last year, would be a shame if it's gone.

It's back in the Body Holidays area but this will be it's last year. I loved it too

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Line-up and times for Hidden Agenda @ Reckless in Love on the Friday night:

17.00 - 18.00 COLIN DEVINE
    18.00 - 19.00 MERO
    19.00 - 20.00 THE STORY Of J-DILLA (A/V Show)
    20.00 - 21.30 FRANK B
    21.30 - 23.00 QUEEN: LIVE AT WEMBLEY
    23.00 - 00.00 WHITE COLLAR BOY [LIVE]
    00.00 - 04:00 HIDDEN AGENDA ALL STARS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

tickets not available online on ticketmaster again. they gonzo now?

Is Cloud Castle Lake a recent addition don't recall seeing them in the line up before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

weekend tickets confirmed as sold out now:

https://twitter.com/BodyandSoulIrl/status/608710822156734465

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

What are the worst times for traffic? Will probably leave Dublin about 12 or 1. Hoping that most of the traffic will be after this?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

What's the handiest way to get there? I'm coming from Kildare but don't mind going the Dublin way if it's much more convenient. Drove up last year and I thought it was an absolute nightmare to find, we didn't see a single signpost for it the entire way.

weekend tickets confirmed as sold out now:

https://twitter.com/BodyandSoulIrl/status/608710822156734465

It just goes to show you what a sunny spell can do, tickets go out the door, had that happened a month or three weeks ago, Life would've probably sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dadoffay

Random question 1: Last year, we left after Caribou and I fell asleep and fell on top of bus driver Sun night, he was delighted. How easy is it to depart to Dublin Monday midday?

Random question 2: I lost my mobile last year, deservedly I may add, what do people with their mobiles?

Now it's getting ridiculous; anybody above 34 attending B&S, I felt positively old last year for 3 minutes before I started ... and stopped caring,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭fits

I'd say most attendees will be over 34? Over 30 anyway.

As for phones. I'm sticking my sim into an old apocalypse proof Nokia whose battery lasts two weeks.

Advertisement