Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Anyone desperate to go to Body & Soul, you can still sign up to be an Earth Guardian Volunteer: http://bodyandsoul.ie/earth-guardian-sign-up/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

dadoffay wrote: »
    Random question 1: Last year, we left after Caribou and I fell asleep and fell on top of bus driver Sun night, he was delighted. How easy is it to depart to Dublin Monday midday?

Random question 2: I lost my mobile last year, deservedly I may add, what do people with their mobiles?

Now it's getting ridiculous; anybody above 34 attending B&S, I felt positively old last year for 3 minutes before I started ... and stopped caring,

You will be grand getting the bus back. I got it one year; it was cheap enough and only around a twenty minute wait.

I turn off my phone as soon as I arrive and keep it in my bag in my tent. Body&soul is small enough so that you can always find people if you get lost. I enjoy not having a phone for the weekend. If worst comes to worst, you can always go back to your bag and get it.

My dad and his gf tend to go down most years. They are almost 60.

Does anybody know about the alcohol policy this year? Is the same as last year? (Where anything you get past the first checkpoint, you can bring anywhere)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Does anybody know about the alcohol policy this year? Is the same as last year? (Where anything you get past the first checkpoint, you can bring anywhere)

Free Flow Policy is in place ...

From FAQ on the website :
    There will be ample bars at the festival selling drinks at reasonable prices, one of the revenue streams we rely on to fund the festival. However, festival goers are permitted to bring a personal allocation of their own alcohol into the festival. Personal quota as follows: 24 cans of beer/cider and 2 bottles of wine per person (no glass permitted onsite) OR 1 bottle (750cl) of spirits and 2 bottles of wine per person (no glass permitted onsite). Your allocation must be brought into the festival at time of first entry. Alcohol will not be permitted on re-entry. Families entering the festival at any time with sealed plastic bottles or cartons of fluids for their children will be permitted. Our FREE FLOW policy - There will be no further searches once you have been admitted to the festival. Liquids of any sort, alcoholic or non-alcoholic can be brought wherever you wish. Do note, however, that no glass containers are permitted on site whatsoever but decanting services are available at the main entrance where 1 litre plastic bottles are available for €1. There are also free water points throughout the site. Sunday ticket holders are not permitted to bring alcohol into the festival site.

pmalone wrote: »
    Free Flow Policy is in place ...

From FAQ on the website :

I love the free flow policy. I end up spending so much more time in the actual festival rather than the campsite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Random question 1: Last year, we left after Caribou and I fell asleep and fell on top of bus driver Sun night, he was delighted. How easy is it to depart to Dublin Monday midday?

Random question 2: I lost my mobile last year, deservedly I may add, what do people with their mobiles?

Now it's getting ridiculous; anybody above 34 attending B&S, I felt positively old last year for 3 minutes before I started ... and stopped caring,

Answer 1: super easy. At least it was in 2013. Just find out when and where busses leave from, make sure you get there before last one leaves and have some cash to buy ticket from driver.

Answer 2: only foolproof method is leave it at home. Otherwise, you may lose it but hey, you'll be having fun while you do

Answer 3: there's plenty of old fogies around if you look for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I only used my mobile last year because I got a weekend pass from the missus... which meant I had to be contactable 24/7! :D But the signal will be ****e so you're best just bringing an old banger down with you and sticking a sim in it. Like partyjungle said the festival is small and you won't go 2 minutes without bumping into friends.

The thing is it's impossible to meet up with a group of people at a festival anyway, it's like herding cats. Just agree to the acts you'd like to see and see them there.

That's why Caribou will always be a life moment for me, I just remember halfway through the set, I was grinning ear to ear, and I was standing right bang infront of the sound booth on the hill, and I remember taking a moment to look around and I realized I knew everyone around me, there must've been around a 100 or more friends of mine that I hadn't had time to meet up with over the weekend, and we all just managed naturally converge on the same spot, infront of what was probably one of the best live shows I've ever seen, after what was one of the best weekends ever. It sounds sappy but it was a magical moment, and when I looked around I knew everyone was thinking the exact same thing! The term 'social circles' gets bandied around, but it's rare that you actually end up in that circle in a literal sense!

Regarding age, one of my favourite things about B&S is there is a decent age group there, I'm 29 and I'd wager I'm the average, fair few of my younger friends go to it but I met a lot of people I know that would be in their late 30s or 40s there. Then you have families and whatnot so it really is open to everyone, part of what makes it such a great buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lynchy

kwat wrote: »
    What are the worst times for traffic? Will probably leave Dublin about 12 or 1. Hoping that most of the traffic will be after this?!

I left Cork last year around 12 o clock and had to stop in Dublin so I think it was around half 3 to 4 by the time I had got to the traffic. There had also been a problem with the people who were doing the traffic management. As far as I can remember they were stopping all cars to see if everyone had tickets. This was before we had even parked up the cars. Nonsense in my opinion.

Like you I'm hoping to leave Dublin around 12 or 1 and see how we get on.

I love the free flow policy. I end up spending so much more time in the actual festival rather than the campsite.

And it means the que's at the bars aren't as bad.

Obviously they make a decent bit of rev from it too if they're doing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

.ak wrote: »
    I only used my mobile last year because I got a weekend pass from the missus... which meant I had to be contactable 24/7! :DBut the signal will be ****e so you're best just bringing an old banger down with you and sticking a sim in it.

I had a good 3G signal all w/e last year on Three network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭emzippy

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been asked already. I'm a body and soul newbie and very excited to be going this year!

I'm just wondering are they very strict on the alcohol limits when you enter? Do they search you thoroughly to ensure you only have one bottle of spirits?

I just don't think the one bottle will last me for the whole weekend.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Does anybody know if theres a breakdown for the Sunday?

Thinking of buying a ticket , few acts id like to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if theres a breakdown for the Sunday?

Thinking of buying a ticket , few acts id like to see

11227638_10155654315025514_2480940348270388329_n.jpg?oh=704c73caab2b7f0815443c25bff75e7e&oe=55E66184

emzippy wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been asked already. I'm a body and soul newbie and very excited to be going this year!

I'm just wondering are they very strict on the alcohol limits when you enter? Do they search you thoroughly to ensure you only have one bottle of spirits?

Thanks!

Presume you've seen post #399

But if you're asking in terms of how security search? Then yeah they're pretty strict. Especially about the glass thing. I was lucky as I got in early before the ques built up, but I remember seeing the que a couple of hours later and it sucked! Because they were taking their time to go through people's bags looking for extra drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

emzippy wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Thanks!

Last year I was pretty much waved on through with a casual search of my bag. One of my other friends was searched pretty thoroughly, although he looked sketch and tends to always have a nervous look about him....... So if you are bringing extra drink you'd probably be best thinking of a smart way of hiding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm seeing a lot of people selling family tickets or trying to swap them for regular ones because B&S has changed the rules this year regarding turning up with a family ticket minus family, they won't let you on site if you don't have a family with you to accompany the ticket. I remember the Picnic is a bit more laid back about this, if you turn up with a family ticket minus family you can camp in the main campsite.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roudolph

Acts are nicely spread out over the three days, I wonder will we see the stage times released in the days building up to it or will they just release them on that app or sell the timetables there. Haven't seen a mention of the 'My House' hut appearing this year, was only a small little hut in the woods but I had brilliant craic in there last year, would be a shame if it's gone.

Yeah its there alright. Called Body Holidays on there website this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

I see the weather forecast is improving daily!! getting very excited now...

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Can anyone recommend the best SFA albums/tunes to check out? Apart from 'juxtaposed with u' my knowledge of them is pretty light so I best educate myself in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Can anyone recommend the best SFA albums/tunes to check out? Apart from 'juxtaposed with u' my knowledge of them is pretty light so I best educate myself in advance...
    Their songbook, even though it's more or less a best of would be a good starting point.
    Have a look at setlist.fm and listen to the ones they have been playing live:
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/super-furry-animals-2bd6bcf2.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 lynchy

jmauel wrote: »
    I see the weather forecast is improving daily!! getting very excited now...

Dont Jinx us now

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dadoffay

Any hints on how to minimise wasting valuable life time in not queuing 2h for a shower? I can go without for 3 days but many people tell me I can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Any hints on how to minimise wasting valuable life time in not queuing 2h for a shower? I can go without for 3 days but many people tell me I can't.

Baby wipes.

The distinctly non-budget friendly option is to book a spot in the Hot Tubs in the forest.

Now it's not worth the cost of a Hot Tub if all you want is a shower, but if you were considering the Hot Tubs in any event, one of their side benefits is that you will get a decent shower out of it in addition to a very chilled hour relaxing in the water.

It's very much part of our routine during the festival now - our son wouldn't let us skip it!

The distinctly non-budget friendly option is to book a spot in the Hot Tubs in the forest.

Now it's not worth the cost of a Hot Tub if all you want is a shower, but if you were considering the Hot Tubs in any event, one of their side benefits is that you will get a decent shower out of it in addition to a very chilled hour relaxing in the water.

It's very much part of our routine during the festival now - our son wouldn't let us skip it!

Couldn't recommend the hot tubs anymore. Such a nice way to deal with the hangover on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. You can bring a few drinks in too. Some people are off put by the tubs not being 100% clean, but your at a festival! You get a decent shower afterwards.

Your best bet is to look at this list on at setlist.com and focus on the songs they're playing most often in this year's gigs.

Here's six I'd specifically recommend:
    Arnofio / Glo in the Dark
    Hometown Unicorn
    Ice Hockey Hair
    Receptacle for the Respectable
    The Man Don't Give a F!ck
    Mountain People

This selection is a bit biased towards the lively, jump around part of their setlist - check Y Gwyneb Lau for some quality down-tempo welsh language action

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Yeah, I'd youtube the likes of :

Slow life
    Rings around the world
    Ice hockey hair
    Golden Retriever
    Receptacle for the respectable
    The man don't give a f*ck
    northern lites
    do or die
    hello sunshine
    the international language of screaming
    mountain people
    Arnofio / glo in the dark

the list goes on and on to be honest! Such a great band.
    Enjoy though, they really put on a great show, and you'll obviously enjoy it all the better if you're familiar with a few tunes

Yeah, I'd youtube the likes of :

Slow life
    Rings around the world
    Ice hockey hair
    Golden Retriever
    Receptacle for the respectable
    The man don't give a f*ck
    northern lites
    do or die
    hello sunshine
    the international language of screaming
    mountain people
    Arnofio / glo in the dark

the list goes on and on to be honest! Such a great band.
    Enjoy though, they really put on a great show, and you'll obviously enjoy it all the better if you're familiar with a few tunes

I made a playlist earlier: https://open.spotify.com/user/1155729472/playlist/0BUTCL73odllWMvjY9jxpe

I'm sure I missed a few

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭AppleD

Couldn't recommend the hot tubs anymore. Such a nice way to deal with the hangover on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. You can bring a few drinks in too. Some people are off put by the tubs not being 100% clean, but your at a festival! You get a decent shower afterwards.

Do you just book this when u get there? Or can it be done in advance

• Advertisement

AppleD wrote: »
    Do you just book this when u get there? Or can it be done in advance

Not sure if you can do it in advance. I always did it down there. I booked at around 2am on Friday night the first time.

Advertisement