Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Cheers for the SFA recommendations folks.

How much are those hot tubs? Could be a nice way to while away the hangover...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah think you have to book the hottubs down there. Defo doing it this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

The hot tubs are amazing !

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

AppleD wrote: »
    Do you just book this when u get there? Or can it be done in advance

You book it when you get there - they'll be set up in the woods based on previous years.

We pay €50 for two adults (+ kid).

Think it might be something like €20 a head once you have more people but am not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

What are the chances of this selling out? Thinking of buying a last minute ticket if the weather forecast is good.

• Advertisement

magma69 wrote: »
    What are the chances of this selling out? Thinking of buying a last minute ticket if the weather forecast is good.

Weekend passes are already sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

magma69 wrote: »

It's already sold out.

You'd probably pick up a ticket on toutless or adverts I'd say..

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

What's the story with parking? How do you pay if you have to? Can't find any information

HausOfTony wrote: »
    What's the story with parking? How do you pay if you have to? Can't find any information

It's free. It's in a very very large field.

The later you arrive, the longer a walk in you will have (and the more traffic you will be stuck in, unless you arrive very very late)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

It's free. It's in a very very large field.

The later you arrive, the longer a walk in you will have (and the more traffic you will be stuck in, unless you arrive very very late)

Cheers, thank you.

And I can only imagine. Gonna aim to get there before 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just a heads up about the leftfield show, they are mainly concentrating on the new album Alternative Light Source, have heard reports about the Bristol gig where they only played the one track from Stealth, Phat Planet out of a 90 minute set but perhaps festival sets might have a few more oldies in there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

anyone know when set times might be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

Does anyone know where the Us & You green campsite is in relation to everything? never been to B&S before. Just wondering is it off in some far corner of the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

Any idea if there is a bus heading back to Dublin on Sunday or a car with space (can offer fuel money & jaffa cakes)

Decos wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the Us & You green campsite is in relation to everything? never been to B&S before. Just wondering is it off in some far corner of the site?

Last year it was just inside the campsite entrance on the right as you arrive in.

That means it was about as far from the main festival entrance as it's possible to be.

It's not a big campsite though so it's still a short enough stroll in - nothing to be that bothered by.

I'm usually in family camping, which is in the same place, only on the left - and have never found the distance a big issue - even with sleepy kids to carry back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So my friend has bailed and can't come with me now. So I either sell both tickets which is unlikely or just hers and camp by myself.
    What's the story with getting in, going back to the car and booze? Not been before and not gonna manage to carry everything in one go?
    First time at body and soul and on me tod.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    So my friend has bailed and can't come with me now. So I either sell both tickets which is unlikely or just hers and camp by myself.
    What's the story with getting in, going back to the car and booze? Not been before and not gonna manage to carry everything in one go?

Your only going to be able to do that the first time when you get wristbanded, they won't let you take booze in the second time. The limit is 24 cans of whatever plus two bottles of wine (obviously decanted) or same equivalent in spirits plus two bottles of wine. Once your wristbanded you can wander anywhere around the festival site apart from Soulkids (Only for those with a family ticket) with your alcohol. So your tent and alcohol on your first trip.

Head along yerself - it's a friendly vibe, and you'll have no problem having the craic with randomers.. :)

As for getting rid of your spare ticket, lash it up on Toutless and it'll be gone in minutes..

You might be as well getting a trolley if you have to lug all your gear and booze in in one go... (can't remember if they hire the wheelbarrows out at B&S - someone might be able to confirm?)

Grand so, get on toutless and then take tent and booze. Head back to car for the rest once the tent is up. Should be interesting trying to pitch it on me tod!
    Not a tinny person, will just be bringing gin or rum with me so not too worried about the load in that respect. I wanna bring a cooler with ice, does that have to be first trip?

Should be interesting trying to pitch it on me tod!

I wanna bring a cooler with ice, does that have to be first trip?

No, once you get in and set up, you can make as many trips to the car as you like.. and ask your neighbours for a hand if you're having trouble setting up your tent :)

• Advertisement

UsedToWait wrote: »
    No, once you get in and set up, you can make as many trips to the car as you like.. and ask your neighbours for a hand if you're having trouble setting up your tent :)

Lovely, thanks for the advice. Signed up for the green campsite and read earlier its close to the entrance so shouldn't be too taxing.
    Looking forward to it and tend to ramble and talk to randoms on my own at festivals even when I'm with mates.

Just watching Stop Making Sense again, and I reckon it will be serious craic at B&S ..

Pity it's at 11pm on Saturday - I'll definitely try to make it, but I'm sure there'll be loads of other stuff competing for attention at that time!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

The limit is 24 cans of whatever plus two bottles of wine (obviously decanted) or same equivalent in spirits plus two bottles of wine. .

Does this mean you can't bring spirits if you're bringing in beer?

Also what if your cans are 330 ml? Will they allow you to bring in 36 of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Does this mean you can't bring spirits if you're bringing in beer?

Also what if your cans are 330 ml? Will they allow you to bring in 36 of them?

From the B & S Website-

There will be ample bars at the festival selling drinks at reasonable prices, one of the revenue streams we rely on to fund the festival. However, festival goers are permitted to bring a personal allocation of their own alcohol into the festival. Personal quota as follows: 24 cans of beer/cider and 2 bottles of wine per person (no glass permitted onsite) OR 1 bottle (750cl) of spirits and 2 bottles of wine per person (no glass permitted onsite). Your allocation must be brought into the festival at time of first entry. Alcohol will not be permitted on re-entry. Families entering the festival at any time with sealed plastic bottles or cartons of fluids for their children will be permitted. Our FREE FLOW policy - There will be no further searches once you have been admitted to the festival. Liquids of any sort, alcoholic or non-alcoholic can be brought wherever you wish. Do note, however, that no glass containers are permitted on site whatsoever but decanting services are available at the main entrance where 1 litre plastic bottles are available for €1. There are also free water points throughout the site. Sunday ticket holders are not permitted to bring alcohol into the festival site.

You could chance the 36 cans but I doubt they'd let ya through, better off playing it safe and getting 24 normal sized ones.

I'm gonna go with those freezer bags they have in Tesco and Iceland for keeping the drink reasonably cool, used them before at Indiependence and it worked well

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

From the B & S Website-

Personal quota as follows: 24 cans of beer/cider and 2 bottles of wine per person (no glass permitted onsite) OR 1 bottle (750cl) of spirits and 2 bottles of wine per person (no glass permitted onsite).

So you cannot bring in 24 cans of beer and a bottle of vodka?

Seriously?

I think 24 cans and two bottles of wine

or

24 cans and 1 bottle of spirits.

That is my understanding of it and that is what I will be telling them :)

I walked in with a crate last year and had vodka stuffed into my sleeping bag. Grand.

The new Wanderlust stage, someone posted from the site in Facebook today.

11401330_10152774983331467_4655109422669743518_n.jpg?oh=50744e7ceb022a2ac0ecc1551b570931&oe=562AF10D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GreenManalshi

Anyone know if you can get into the campsite area with a campervan ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Anyone know if you can get into the campsite area with a campervan ticket?

You have to walk through the campsite to get to the campervan field, so yes!

Does anyone know if the people with the wheelbarrows you can rent will be there this year?

Don't think they were there last year, but they were the year before..........

• Advertisement

You have to walk through the campsite to get to the campervan field, so yes!

Does anyone know if the people with the wheelbarrows you can rent will be there this year?

Don't think they were there last year, but they were the year before..........

What you need is a Dyson Ball Barrow.

ballbarrow400.jpg

Advertisement