Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fogarty182

Anyone done the earth guardians volunteering before?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

You have to walk through the campsite to get to the campervan field, so yes!

Does anyone know if the people with the wheelbarrows you can rent will be there this year?

Don't think they were there last year, but they were the year before..........

I didn't see them last year either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

What you need is a Dyson Ball Barrow.

ballbarrow400.jpg

Haha. Would love one but won't have room in the car to bring a wheelbarrow, that's why I'm asking can you rent them up there.....

I keep promising myself that I'll pack light every year, but every year I end up bringing far too much stuff and struggling with from the car to where we set up camp on the Friday. Be great to rent a wheelbarrow to lighten the load.

Maybe THIS will be the year I manage to keep my promise to myself and rock up to B&S with nothing but a backpack and a slab!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Anyone know if there is any regulations against playing music off speakers in the camp site?

Have a small speaker and an MP3 player both battery powered. I know at 'Palooza you weren't allowed us one but haven't seen anything on the B & S website forbidding it

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Haha. Would love one but won't have room in the car to bring a wheelbarrow, that's why I'm asking can you rent them up there.....!

Apparently there will be jolly green Sherpas (!!!) on site - check their website here:
    http://www.jollygreensherpas.com/index.html

Might be what you're looking for...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭MrLuke

King Kong Company have just brought this new track out too...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Saint Anthony

Couple of stupid questions I need to ask.

Campervan tickets are 60 euro. Does this include access to the festival it self or just the camp site?

Do people head up on the Thursday or Friday?

Any point in heading up without a ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Couple of stupid questions I need to ask.

Campervan tickets are 60 euro. Does this include access to the festival it self or just the camp site?

Do people head up on the Thursday or Friday?

Any point in heading up without a ticket?

Just the campsite. You would still need a body & soul weekend ticket to get into the festival site I'd imagine, they were €150 but are completely sold out now.

The campsite doesn't open until 3pm on Friday.

Hard to know, I'd say you would have a better chance of finding tickets online as I'd imagine most people who make the trip will want to go to the festival rather than sell their tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

You've very little chance of getting a ticket there, everyone up that far is on the way in and already has a ticket, there is no town or area nearby where people or touts congregate. People just park and go in.

And absolutely no chance of getting a campervan ticket that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Forecast keeps yo-yo'ing... doesn't look great now. Typical after a brilliant weather weekend where I did nothing!

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    Forecast keeps yo-yo'ing... doesn't look great now. Typical after a brilliant weather weekend where I did nothing!

From RTE:
    Friday and weekend: The outlook is uncertain, but early indications suggest that there will still be a good deal of dry weather, although a few showers or spots of rain are possible and it may turn a little cooler and fresher over the weekend.

That would be fine for me - another year like last year would be fab but just largely staying dry with only "a few showers or spots of rain" would work as well.

I've seen comments about more "indoor spaces" at this year's festival. I seem a remember a large bar with DJs and bands at my first BnS (2012 - when the weather was shocking!) - I think in the space in the walled garden that has been used for the Wanderlust stage the last few years.

A photo from the site suggests Wanderlust has been moved - maybe this Absolut Art Bar will take over their spot?

I guess the new Comedy Tent is another space people will be able to shelter from either the sun or the showers - all in all, looking forward to seeing some new spaces as I thought last year's layout didn't have all that much that was new and exciting over 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭AppleD

Stupid question- but is the carpark area far from the campsite? Just wonderign if I'll have to bring my stuff from the car in one trip.. Or easy enough to go back and forth to car? Our tent is tiny so don't want to pack it with stuff the first day

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sineadbcoyle

madma wrote: »
    anyone know when set times might be out?

Body&Soul are usually really slow releasing set times. Perhaps not until Friday. Go to Clashfinder anyway, it will normally have preliminary set times and will give you an indication of how complete the set times are leading up to the festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Body&Soul are usually really slow releasing set times. Perhaps not until Friday. Go to Clashfinder anyway, it will normally have preliminary set times and will give you an indication of how complete the set times are leading up to the festival.

Last year it was the Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Anyone know if there is any regulations against playing music off speakers in the camp site?

Have a small speaker and an MP3 player both battery powered. I know at 'Palooza you weren't allowed us one but haven't seen anything on the B & S website forbidding it

I don't know, but consider your other campers. I realise it's a festival but it can be a bit of a nightmare if someone close to your tent has Smokies Greatest Hits on repeat 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I don't know, but consider your other campers. I realise it's a festival but it can be a bit of a nightmare if someone close to your tent has Smokies Greatest Hits on repeat 24/7.

Well said Dr. Toboggan.

Anyone have any experience of using these? How much does it cost? Are there minimum numbers etc?

http://bodyandsoul.ie/2013Festival/happening/boundless-bathing/

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Anyone have any experience of using these? How much does it cost? Are there minimum numbers etc?

http://bodyandsoul.ie/2013Festival/happening/boundless-bathing/

That one is from 2013, this year it is:

http://bodyandsoul.ie/music/solasspa/

and

http://bodyandsoul.ie/music/the-sanctuary/

Just a heads up about the leftfield show, they are mainly concentrating on the new album Alternative Light Source, have heard reports about the Bristol gig where they only played the one track from Stealth, Phat Planet out of a 90 minute set but perhaps festival sets might have a few more oldies in there.

according to this:
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/leftfield/2015/o2-academy-bristol-bristol-england-2bc93072.html

looks like they played mainly the new album, a sprinkling from Rhythm & Stealth and only Inspection check one from Leftism. Pretty much the same set at London on Saturday night also.

Last couple of times I saw Leftfield I wasn't overtly impressed with the renditions from first two albums, so I am happy enough that he is going with the new album mainly.

Personally I am pleasantly surprised at how good the new album is. Lots of it sounds like the better parts of the first two albums. Thank god its not a dud.

Cheers, anyone know what are the waits are like for showers there?

• Advertisement

Cheers, anyone know what are the waits are like for showers there?

I think the showers are basically only for people going in to the hot-tubs (I could have that wrong though), so you won't be waiting more than a couple of minutes.

If they opened it up to general use, wait times would skyrocket I imagine...

I think the showers are basically only for people going in to the hot-tubs (I could have that wrong though), so you won't be waiting more than a couple of minutes.

If they opened it up to general use, wait times would skyrocket I imagine...

Oh yeah, no i mean the general campsite showers, not the fancy dan ones.

Interesting list of recommendations on the The Last Mixed Tape, including some notes on which bands are on which stage:

http://thelastmixedtape.com/2015/06/15/listen-tlmts-20-must-see-acts-at-body-soul-2015-playlist/

Anyone else surprised that King Kong Company are listed as being on at Chai Wallahs? How big will their area be?

pmalone wrote: »
    according to this:
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/leftfield/2015/o2-academy-bristol-bristol-england-2bc93072.html

looks like they played mainly the new album, a sprinkling from Rhythm & Stealth and only Inspection check one from Leftism. Pretty much the same set at London on Saturday night also.

Last couple of times I saw Leftfield I wasn't overtly impressed with the renditions from first two albums, so I am happy enough that he is going with the new album mainly.

Personally I am pleasantly surprised at how good the new album is. Lots of it sounds like the better parts of the first two albums. Thank god its not a dud.

I do like the new album... but I'm not mad on it. Some of the production is lovely but a couple of the tracks are too similar to each other. However, there's quite a few bangers in it that'll make for impressive festival music. I just hope they keep the tribal vibe going it'll make for a great weeekend ender. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Haha indeed, don't worry we're not liable to be pumping out Mick Flavin at 5 in the morning, more to have when we're chillaxing back at the tent :)

Love the username btw, always nice to see a It's Always Sunny fan!

I do like the new album... but I'm not mad on it. Some of the production is lovely but a couple of the tracks are too similar to each other. However, there's quite a few bangers in it that'll make for impressive festival music. I just hope they keep the tribal vibe going it'll make for a great weeekend ender. :D

Good review of the london live show:
    http://www.musicomh.com/reviews/live/leftfield-forum-london

Gives you an good idea of what to expect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

For festival sounds I use my homemade boombox. Uses a 12 volt Lepai 2020 amp, some JBL car speakers (bought cheap on eBay), a 12 volt 7Ah SLA battery (which lasts all weekend on a charge) and a cheap ass eBay bluetooth module. Its like a car stereo in a box. Total cost of parts about €80. It was a labour of love. And it is loud (about 10 watts clean sound per channel, don't believe the spec on the amp). 12 volt FTW.

It gets locked in campervan when not in use.

98EB51H.jpg

That's very cool. What's the quality like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

That's very cool. What's the quality like?

Surprisingly good. The key is the speaker enclosure. I didn't go with a vented port solution, so the way to do it, is to be sure that there is no air leak from the speaker enclosures. Air tight they must be .. then you get a nice round sound. The quality of the speakers is pretty important too. Those JBLs I have are mid range 2-way 5.25 inch. They are okay. My aim was to do it all under 100 quid, so I couldn't go nuts on speakers, but it works very well as it is.

I use it around the house as well and in the garden when I am doing a bit of work outside. I have a spare battery in the camper but have never needed it on a weekend away.

• Advertisement

Busses question:

Did not get the combined bus/festival ticket available on Ticketmaster as I thought I would have a spin down. Not so.

Just looking at busses online and it says there are dedicated festival buses leaving from Custom House Quay. The first at 13.00 on Friday. It says tickets can be bought at Custom House Quay. Can you purchase these in advance as I would imagine queuing to get on the busses and buying a ticket would be carnage ? Don’t see anything about buying tickets for the buses online before hand.

Advertisement