Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

My House Line Up & stage times

Busses question:

Did not get the combined bus/festival ticket available on Ticketmaster as I thought I would have a spin down. Not so.

Just looking at busses online and it says there are dedicated festival buses leaving from Custom House Quay. The first at 13.00 on Friday. It says tickets can be bought at Custom House Quay. Can you purchase these in advance as I would imagine queuing to get on the busses and buying a ticket would be carnage ? Don’t see anything about buying tickets for the buses online before hand.

Its actually no hassle at all getting the tickets at the bus stop before getting on. The buses leave staggered throughout the day so there isn't much congestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Must head out to buy the slab of beer this week, anyone spotted any decent offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Surprisingly good. The key is the speaker enclosure. I didn't go with a vented port solution, so the way to do it, is to be sure that there is no air leak from the speaker enclosures. Air tight they must be .. then you get a nice round sound. The quality of the speakers is pretty important too. Those JBLs I have are mid range 2-way 5.25 inch. They are okay. My aim was to do it all under 100 quid, so I couldn't go nuts on speakers, but it works very well as it is.

I use it around the house as well and in the garden when I am doing a bit of work outside. I have a spare battery in the camper but have never needed it on a weekend away.

I'd love a stab of making something like that! You should post up something in the tech forum on how you did it. :D

Its actually no hassle at all getting the tickets at the bus stop before getting on. The buses leave staggered throughout the day so there isn't much congestion.

How much are the buses actually?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

.ak wrote: »
    I'd love a stab of making something like that! You should post up something in the tech forum on how you did it. :D

Its really fairly simple. I am no great shakes at wood work, but its easy enough. The 12 volt electrics are simple as anything, just make sure that you have the correct polarity. That amp does not like it if the polarity is wrong (it will become an ex-amp).

I plan to do another one over the summer ... This time using an actual car stereo with radio and bluetooth built in. If I get around to that I will take photos and post it on .. which forum would you suggest?

Its really fairly simple. I am no great shakes at wood work, but its easy enough. The 12 volt electrics are simple as anything, just make sure that you have the correct polarity. That amp does not like it if the polarity is wrong (it will become an ex-amp).

I plan to do another one over the summer ... This time using an actual car stereo with radio and bluetooth built in. If I get around to that I will take photos and post it on .. which forum would you suggest?

Ha not sure actually... probably portable audio? or maybe even DIY

PM me when you're doing it anyway :)

.ak wrote: »
    Ha not sure actually... probably portable audio? or maybe even DIY

PM me when you're doing it anyway :)

Will do ... If you are around the campervans drop over and I can show you the thing in action ..

Actually .. is there any plan for a boardie meet up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

I've started and will update as I hear more.

http://clashfinder.com/s/bands2015/

Anyone can edit it if they know dates or times.

was trying B&S2015 for the link and realised after it's just bands.... should have put more thought into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Dudda wrote: »

was trying B&S2015 for the link and realised after it's just bands.... should have put more thought into that.

Its all here:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/the-wait-is-over-body-and-soul-exclusive-full-lineups-and-map-download-1.2250110

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Is there?

I can't read it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

pmalone wrote: »

Thanks... wasted my time a bit but it's great to know they have the times announced so early.

So regarding the map, it looks similar to last year, but what is the lakeside area? I don't remember that. Campsite has changed up a bit

Does anyone understand the logic behind this Family Ticket holders must have children to enter site. A friend of mine has early bird family ticket. Her child is ill at the moment and probably will not bring her along, but leave with the grandparents. B&S say she cannot enter the site without a child ... wow!

Does anyone understand why this rule has come in to play?

I accidentally bought family tickets for EP last year .. Ticketmaster would not exchange, but it was no problem getting entry to the site without children in tow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Dudda wrote: »

That clashfinder is private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Does anyone understand the logic behind this Family Ticket holders must have children to enter site. A friend of mine has early bird family ticket. Her child is ill at the moment and probably will not bring her along, but leave with the grandparents. B&S say she cannot enter the site without a child ... wow!

Does anyone understand why this rule has come in to play?

It's not hard to understand why at all, they want to keep non-family earwigs out of the family campsite.

This is a good thing imo, you don't want a load of madouvits piling in there on top of kids and families for extra space.

But I'm sure if your mate explains his situation they'll be flexible.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

So regarding the map, it looks similar to last year, but what is the lakeside area? I don't remember that. Campsite has changed up a bit

Lakeside area had the holistic stuff last year but I think it may extend a little further this year. There may still not be much actual lakeside on view though... In 2012, when flooding messed them around, the true lakeside was open as a result of things having to move around I but don't think it has been used since then to any extent.

One change I think I see is that My House aka Body Holidays is no longer in the woods and is at one end of the Midnight Circus field (where Jook Joint was last year).

Trying to work out where Tree Haus is... have they moved Reckless in Love down towards where My House was, and used its old spot for Tree Haus?

Any BnS veterans care to speculate?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Having perused the lineups for all three days, here's what I'm going to try and hit (I say this now, drink and other things may lead me astray, but I believe that's the point of these festivals :)

All times I have here are approximate, timings on the page are a wee bit confusing

Friday

Land at 2.30, get the tent set up, the drink brought in, and the Body and Soul set for a wild weekend!

5.00 - Hidden Agenda DJS in the Reckless in Love stage (Just curious to see what it is like)
    7.00- Friday night Comedy Stage; Niamh Marron, Gearoid Farrelly, Felicity Ward. Haven't seen Marron or Ward but have heard good things. Have seen Farrelly though and he is good.
    8.00-King Kong Company, Midnight Stage. Now that Dream Gathering is cancelled only chance to see them this summer, should impress.
    8.45- Foil, Arms, and Hog, Body Holidays. One of the acts I'm really looking forward to, really good sketch troupe who have been making big waves recently. High recommendation.
    10.00- Dan Deacon, Main Stage. First big act on the main stage. Will hopefully set the tone for the rest of the festival!
    10.30- MC Xander, Chai Wallahs. Meant to be an excellent dj, might have to cut off a bit of Deacon for it.
    12.00- Talabomen, Main Stage / Donal Dineen DJ Set, Wonderlust. Will probably be in the mood for a wander at this stage, would like to see Talabomen but Donal Dineen is a great DJ and am very excited to see him.

After this, it's be full on frollicking until eventually collapsing back to the campsite...

Saturday

12.45- Bec Hill, Comedy Stage. Saw her at Indiependence two years ago, very funny visual and musically based comedy. I could stay here until around 2.30 since she is followed up by Tara Flynn and Apres Match's Barry Murphy.
    2.00- Vinyl Love, Tree Haus. Not a whole pile going on in the morning and this is on from 12 till 4 so would be a cool thing to call over to and sooth the hangover.
    4.00- Funke and the Two Tone Baby, Chai Wallahs. Don't know much about them, but it's a cool name!
    6.15-Alo Wala, Midnight Circus. One of my big, big highlights of the weekend. They are brilliant and I can't recommend them higher. Do yourself a favour and go!
    7.30, MMOTHS, Midnight Circus. Midnight Circus is very strong on Saturday imo, haven't heard much of them but meant to be very good.
    9.00, Kids in America, Body Holidays. I am really hoping this will involve a LOT of 80's tunes, possibly utilising the Vice City soundtrack!
    11.00, Super Furry Animals, Main Stage. Should be a great atmosphere built up by this point and hopefully SFA can bring the evening to a big finale until...
    1.00- Flight Facilities, Main Stage. I predict this is gonna be incrediballs and will be the pinnacle of the weekend's craic. The only shame is that it's clashing with Daithi and **** Robot, if I can I will try and get to all three.
    2.00- Absolut Art Bar, Timmy Stewart. Lots of choice here, this looks the best option but could end up anywhere at this hour!

Sunday

I'm giving myself a later start here because I anticipate not being in the land of the living for a good while

3.00-Soak, Main Stage. I suspect I'm not the only one picking this out as a highlight. Really talented singer songwriter from Derry. A must not miss.
    4.00-Kevin McGahern, Comedy Stage. One of my comedy stage highlights, so funny and great at settling hecklers.
    5.00- DJ Ease, Nightmares on Wax, Absolut Art Bar. If I don't get around to see NOW when they are on I'd like to call over to this.
    6.30- Steve Bennett, Bulmers Lounge. Another can't miss for me, was one of the best comedians at Forbidden Fruit.
    8.00- Blooms, Bulmers Lounge. Staying in the Bulmers Lounge, another small act I saw at Ffruit, really good and in an intimate venue.
    9.30- James Holden, Midnight Circus. Want to see both him and NOW, so will probably wander between here and the main stage.
    11.00- Leftfield, Main Stage. A BIG Finish to the weekend in store!
    12.30- Latchikos, Bulmers Lounge. Again, the name intrigues me!

So they're my picks after a very brief look at the schedule, could all change yet of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭frebel

Having perused the lineups for all three days, here's what I'm going to try and hit (I say this now, drink and other things may lead me astray, but I believe that's the point of these festivals :)

All times I have here are approximate, timings on the page are a wee bit confusing

Friday

Land at 2.30, get the tent set up, the drink brought in, and the Body and Soul set for a wild weekend!

5.00 - Hidden Agenda DJS in the Reckless in Love stage (Just curious to see what it is like)
    7.00- Friday night Comedy Stage; Niamh Marron, Gearoid Farrelly, Felicity Ward. Haven't seen Marron or Ward but have heard good things. Have seen Farrelly though and he is good.
    8.00-King Kong Company, Midnight Stage. Now that Dream Gathering is cancelled only chance to see them this summer, should impress.
    8.45- Foil, Arms, and Hog, Body Holidays. One of the acts I'm really looking forward to, really good sketch troupe who have been making big waves recently. High recommendation.
    10.00- Dan Deacon, Main Stage. First big act on the main stage. Will hopefully set the tone for the rest of the festival!
    10.30- MC Xander, Chai Wallahs. Meant to be an excellent dj, might have to cut off a bit of Deacon for it.
    12.00- Talabomen, Main Stage / Donal Dineen DJ Set, Wonderlust. Will probably be in the mood for a wander at this stage, would like to see Talabomen but Donal Dineen is a great DJ and am very excited to see him.

After this, it's be full on frollicking until eventually collapsing back to the campsite...

Saturday

12.45- Bec Hill, Comedy Stage. Saw her at Indiependence two years ago, very funny visual and musically based comedy. I could stay here until around 2.30 since she is followed up by Tara Flynn and Apres Match's Barry Murphy.
    2.00- Vinyl Love, Tree Haus. Not a whole pile going on in the morning and this is on from 12 till 4 so would be a cool thing to call over to and sooth the hangover.
    4.00- Funke and the Two Tone Baby, Chai Wallahs. Don't know much about them, but it's a cool name!
    6.15-Alo Wala, Midnight Circus. One of my big, big highlights of the weekend. They are brilliant and I can't recommend them higher. Do yourself a favour and go!
    7.30, MMOTHS, Midnight Circus. Midnight Circus is very strong on Saturday imo, haven't heard much of them but meant to be very good.
    9.00, Kids in America, Body Holidays. I am really hoping this will involve a LOT of 80's tunes, possibly utilising the Vice City soundtrack!
    11.00, Super Furry Animals, Main Stage. Should be a great atmosphere built up by this point and hopefully SFA can bring the evening to a big finale until...
    1.00- Flight Facilities, Main Stage. I predict this is gonna be incrediballs and will be the pinnacle of the weekend's craic. The only shame is that it's clashing with Daithi and **** Robot, if I can I will try and get to all three.
    2.00- Absolut Art Bar, Timmy Stewart. Lots of choice here, this looks the best option but could end up anywhere at this hour!

Sunday

I'm giving myself a later start here because I anticipate not being in the land of the living for a good while

3.00-Soak, Main Stage. I suspect I'm not the only one picking this out as a highlight. Really talented singer songwriter from Derry. A must not miss.
    4.00-Kevin McGahern, Comedy Stage. One of my comedy stage highlights, so funny and great at settling hecklers.
    5.00- DJ Ease, Nightmares on Wax, Absolut Art Bar. If I don't get around to see NOW when they are on I'd like to call over to this.
    6.30- Steve Bennett, Bulmers Lounge. Another can't miss for me, was one of the best comedians at Forbidden Fruit.
    8.00- Blooms, Bulmers Lounge. Staying in the Bulmers Lounge, another small act I saw at Ffruit, really good and in an intimate venue.
    9.30- James Holden, Midnight Circus. Want to see both him and NOW, so will probably wander between here and the main stage.
    11.00- Leftfield, Main Stage. A BIG Finish to the weekend in store!

So they're my picks after a very brief look at the schedule, could all change yet of course!

Excellent little write up...I'm sure it won't exactly go to plan but great to see other people getting excited and picking out non-obvious acts and the comedy as well - Reckon SOAK will be a nice wholesome start to Sunday - can't say it will be the same for the rest of the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Bogsnorkler

!

This is Aindreas de Staic's band. They are unmissable. Playing at 2AM on Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

This is Aindreas de Staic's band. They are unmissable. Playing at 2AM on Friday!

They're good craic alright. I happened across them at EP last year.

Demented.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

A friend of mine is looking to get a ticket and another friend said they could print off their email and send it to him. I presume there be no problem getting in with that? Sorry if it's obvious but I usually get festival tickets in ticketmaster so not sure if email ones have names on them or what not. Thanks!

A friend of mine is looking to get a ticket and another friend said they could print off their email and send it to him. I presume there be no problem getting in with that? Sorry if it's obvious but I usually get festival tickets in ticketmaster so not sure if email ones have names on them or what not. Thanks!

Don't think that will work..the email tickets have a barcode on them which I assume is unique and can only be used once...they will scan it on the way in and if the same barcode is used twice it will register. Unless your friend is giving him his ticket to use and not using it himself?

From my email ticket-

"The barcode only allows one entry per person.
    Unauthorised duplication or sale of this ticket may prevent your admittance into to the event"

And then the barcode underneath that.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

From my email ticket-

"The barcode only allows one entry per person.
    Unauthorised duplication or sale of this ticket may prevent your admittance into to the event"

And then the barcode underneath that.

Oh sorry meant to clarify. Yeah the guy with the email ticket isn't going and is selling it to my other friend! Not trying to shnake two people in on the one ticket!

Oh sorry meant to clarify. Yeah the guy with the email ticket isn't going and is selling it to my other friend! Not trying to shnake two people in on the one ticket!

Ah, my apologies!

No that should be fine...my brother got me tickets for Indiependence a few years back but his name were on the tickets, no hassle at all getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 yeoj

Desperately seeking a campervan ticket.... Anyone know anyone that might be able to help??

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dadoffay

I was pretty calm. Now that the stage times are published, it's getting more real and I am getting really excited. Does anybody know if the total ticket volume has been increased compared with last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

dadoffay wrote: »
    I was pretty calm. Now that the stage times are published, it's getting more real and I am getting really excited. Does anybody know if the total ticket volume has been increased compared with last year?

10,000 according to the article about the family who live in the castle (The Journal.ie on Sunday)

Advertisement