Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Rfrip wrote: »
    Decision for many I feel...at that stage of the night God knows what il be like so I hope I make a logical decision

So in reality il prob end up seeing neither!!

Just did my itinerary on the app (thanks to the app maker by the way!)

Unless I can perfect Michael Keaton in Multiplicity -style cloning before Saturday, I'm going to be pulled in so many directions..

Best I can plan for now is, depending on the form, head to SFA, then get the last hour or so of Stop Making Sense, then the last hour of either Sh!t Robot or Daithi or Flight Facilities depending on the mood (will avoid the King Kong Company clash at the same time by catching them on Friday instead), and then over to the last couple of hours of Mother DJs..

Clash city - can't really complain, but it will be a shame to miss some great stuff

Where is Stop Making Sense going to be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Where is Stop Making Sense going to be on?

In the Lighthouse Cinema bit at 11 on Saturday - billed as a 'glowstick party' :)

http://bodyandsoul.ie/music/stop-making-sense/

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jones 19

Could a lad bring a caravan to the regular car park for the weekend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Dutchy wrote: »
    Anyone going to this solo?

Was intending to go with the girlfriend but, oops, we broke up.

In two minds now - to go to the ball or to sell the ticket

Sorry to hear, but I'm also a tad jealous. You're a free spirit for the weekend!
    I ended up not going with the GF last year and had an amazing time...

Now hopefully the GF doesn't read this or I might get the dump myself! :D

Looking forward to going with her to share the experience etc., etc. but I'm sure the usual couples arguments will arise from time to time! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭AppleD

Go solo! My friend has to leave the festival early so I will be solo for most of it.. Didn't like the thought at first but now I'm looking forward to it... The endless possibilities..

Thing is, if you're a fan of the music on show, there'll be loads of people you'll know at it anyway, you'll bump into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dadoffay

AppleD wrote: »
    Go solo! My friend has to leave the festival early so I will be solo for most of it.. Didn't like the thought at first but now I'm looking forward to it... The endless possibilities..

I encourage a healthy life style, and a steady loving relationship. Still, the old Indian proverb needs to be respected: What happens in a tent, stays in a tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

I usually end up solo even when I go with friends, wanting to see/do different things. Festivals are full of friendly people, say hello to the folks around you.

You'll be amazed at the chats/craic you'll have and people you meet.

Have fun, you never know, you might accidently meet a load of boardies :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lynchy

Finishing work this evening and grabbing my flight back tonight. The flu I have had seems to be subsiding just at the right time. The building up of nervousness and anticipation begins now.The next time I'm back in this office I'll be a shadow of my present self but can't wait for the bit in between.

My plan for Friday will be the general getting there and setting up, getting pissed off with friends due to waiting for them as you everyone to camp together, cracking open those first few cans, thanking the weather gods for their good turn, getting nicely merry and heading to King Kong Company to kick of the whole show, then over to Dan Deacon - heard loads and I missed him in the picnic a few years ago so I won't make the same mistake this time, general pricking around in a daze of merryment with the intention of catching some of Ashley Beedle in the Absolut bar (which looks very good in my opinion), and then to Talaboman with the idea to catch some Donal Dineen as well, and then finish of with some lovely trad by the Lactchiko's and a final bop with the Hidden Agenda djs. Cheeky taco fries on the way home and pass out hopefully.

Wake up Saturday with that groggy feeling but the delight that there are still 2 full days to go. Get some food in early(Could be another taco fries) plenty of water. Head over to mates who have a caravan for some prosecco and mojitios (Nothing better during the Saturday morning of a festival). The rest of the early afternoon will be all about wandering, joking, catching up, story telling, Wandering about in the walled gardens, checking out some of Vinyal Love at Tree Haus, listening to some comedy in the Vodafone comedy tent, a few more drinks at the happy pear(Hopefully it's still there cause it was class last year) then onto Wonderlust for Interskalactic and Sally Cinnamon. Im hoping the weather will be something like it was for Sally last year. It was absolutley wonderful. That evening I will be looking forward to going to GOAT and then onto Le Freak @ My House for some go aul dischko followed by Kormac. I have seen s**t Robot a few times and I have really enjoyed him so I'll be definatley checking him out but I'm really looking forward to flight facilities. Should be a great gig. Get some Pieminister after and go to bed (hopefully).

Sunday I usually wake with the feeling of, have I bitten off more than I can chew and I imagine this will be no different. My plan for Sunday is to have no plan at all. I plan on merely going with the flow. I'll go wherever I'm drawn and hopefully ot will work out. I would really like to see leftfield and Tiga and I think it's a bit of a joke they are clashing but I'll do my best to get to both of them. After that it's crash and burn time and the dreaded thought of the flight back to England on Monday afternoon.

If I manage to do half that stuff mentioned above, then I will no complaints.

Enjoy guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 ICanMakeSound

Hey folks,

Few questions. What's the best way of getting down to Ballinlough if I can't leave Dublin until around 8pm? (I don't have a car) I was looking at the 111 Bus Éireann to Athboy and then a taxi?

Also, if I want to leave early on Sunday(I have to be in work at 9am Monday), as in before the official festival coaches leave, are there any alternative methods or will I have to wait it out until the first buses leave?

Finally, who's coming to see Deadbots live at Reckless In Love at midnight Saturday? Whopper chewns!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

This question has probably been asked before but I'm a bit confused by the alcohol policy. Am I right in saying that you can't bring in 24 cans AND 75cl spirits. That is, the two options are either cans + wine or spirits + wine?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Bogsnorkler

Sandwell wrote:
    This question has probably been asked before but I'm a bit confused by the alcohol policy. Am I right in saying that you can't bring in 24 cans AND 75cl spirits. That is, the two options are either cans + wine or spirits + wine?

To the letter of the law yes. But in practise they're usually grand and lax in enforcing as long as youre not completely taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

To the letter of the law yes. But in practise they're usually grand and lax in enforcing as long as youre not completely taking the piss.

Cheers. I'll chance the cider/gin combo so.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

lynchy wrote: »
    .... a few more drinks at the happy pear(Hopefully it's still there cause it was class last year)

It's all good - the Flynns & co. will be back. Here's a pic posted to their Facebook page this morning of them getting things packed up

11329934_10153544463960312_6125052088071141582_n.jpg?oh=af6c302389941fda69e15cdb01adb9bd&oe=55F4D756

I live in Greystones so get to sample their tasty wares all year round :)

Finishing work this evening and grabbing my flight back tonight. The flu I have had seems to be subsiding just at the right time. The building up of nervousness and anticipation begins now.The next time I'm back in this office I'll be a shadow of my present self but can't wait for the bit in between.

My plan for Friday will be the general getting there and setting up, getting pissed off with friends due to waiting for them as you everyone to camp together, cracking open those first few cans, thanking the weather gods for their good turn, getting nicely merry and heading to King Kong Company to kick of the whole show, then over to Dan Deacon - heard loads and I missed him in the picnic a few years ago so I won't make the same mistake this time, general pricking around in a daze of merryment with the intention of catching some of Ashley Beedle in the Absolut bar (which looks very good in my opinion), and then to Talaboman with the idea to catch some Donal Dineen as well, and then finish of with some lovely trad by the Lactchiko's and a final bop with the Hidden Agenda djs. Cheeky taco fries on the way home and pass out hopefully.

Wake up Saturday with that groggy feeling but the delight that there are still 2 full days to go. Get some food in early(Could be another taco fries) plenty of water. Head over to mates who have a caravan for some prosecco and mojitios (Nothing better during the Saturday morning of a festival). The rest of the early afternoon will be all about wandering, joking, catching up, story telling, Wandering about in the walled gardens, checking out some of Vinyal Love at Tree Haus, listening to some comedy in the Vodafone comedy tent, a few more drinks at the happy pear(Hopefully it's still there cause it was class last year) then onto Wonderlust for Interskalactic and Sally Cinnamon. Im hoping the weather will be something like it was for Sally last year. It was absolutley wonderful. That evening I will be looking forward to going to GOAT and then onto Le Freak @ My House for some go aul dischko followed by Kormac. I have seen s**t Robot a few times and I have really enjoyed him so I'll be definatley checking him out but I'm really looking forward to flight facilities. Should be a great gig. Get some Pieminister after and go to bed (hopefully).

Sunday I usually wake with the feeling of, have I bitten off more than I can chew and I imagine this will be no different. My plan for Sunday is to have no plan at all. I plan on merely going with the flow. I'll go wherever I'm drawn and hopefully ot will work out. I would really like to see leftfield and Tiga and I think it's a bit of a joke they are clashing but I'll do my best to get to both of them. After that it's crash and burn time and the dreaded thought of the flight back to England on Monday afternoon.

If I manage to do half that stuff mentioned above, then I will no complaints.

Enjoy guys.

Sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikeydublin

Wellies?

Wellies?

Old runners for me

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Wellies?

No need for willies this year but would leave the flip flops behind though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

No need for willies this year but would leave the flip flops behind though.

This happens every year either here or the EP thread...and every year I giggle like a 14 year old!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭AppleD

This happens every year either here or the EP thread...and every year I giggle like a 14 year old![/QU

I'll bring my flip flop if you bring your Willies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

AppleD wrote: »
    This happens every year either here or the EP thread...and every year I giggle like a 14 year old![/QU

I'll bring my flip flop if you bring your Willies

Why not both? I'm bringing waterproof hiking boots, trainers and flip flops - having the right footwear is so important!

vangoz wrote: »

Why not both? I'm bringing waterproof hiking boots, trainers and flip flops - having the right footwear is so important!

Sure thing dad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Fluorosilisic Frank

Just found out I can't go to this.....so I have a weekend camping ticket for sale.

PM me if interested, I'm in Galway City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭goldencrisp62

can u bring alcohol in with you?

does there tend to be a lot of drugs and yokeheads at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Sure thing dad :pac:

Another dad here - also bringing flip flops, waterproof hiking boots and old runners.

Be careful out there kids!

Don't take anyone's eye out with a glowstick

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lynchy

Step aside. Im going proper dad and I'm going golf shoes. Best of all worlds

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

can u bring alcohol in with you?

does there tend to be a lot of drugs and yokeheads at it?

Yes and Yes! Easy to avoid people like that though and they done bother anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Step aside. Im going proper dad and I'm going golf shoes. Best of all worlds

Comfort over style. Socks and sandals combo all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

I've got size 8 wellies with size 12 sandals over them and 6 pairs of socks, and that's just on my hands.

Anyone know what time they let us into the campsite?

Advertisement