Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Please some festival promoter book this guy, Daniel Avery, why the fcuk he hasn't played an Irish festival yet I don't know.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This was reported in the Mirror today about a girl left in critical condition after taking 3 tablets from a batch of fake ecstasy pills. So a word of warning they could be floating about Body & Soul festival too. http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish...spital-5711038

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

This was reported in the Mirror today about a girl left in critical condition after taking 3 tablets from a batch of fake ecstasy pills. So a word of warning they could be floating about Body & Soul festival too. http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish...spital-5711038

Good call. Warnings re: Yellow Grenades and Pink Snails on pillreports.net...be careful

These are the pills that Ana Hick apparently took, so watch out for these and read pill reports and consult the Bluelight forum.

newly-pressed-ecstasy-pills-called-red-chupa-chups-containing-around-E46F89.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 deveryboy

From the official website:
    The Body&Soul Arena will open at 12pm on Saturday 20th June

That sounds like no main stage on the Friday - as per previous years with the exception of Darkside last year.

According to Lambs website they are playing on the Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 deveryboy

From the official website:
    The Body&Soul Arena will open at 12pm on Saturday 20th June

That sounds like no main stage on the Friday - as per previous years with the exception of Darkside last year.

could be just a wrong date tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

deveryboy wrote: »
    could be just a wrong date tho!

Or they might just play the Midnight Circus tent

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Flight Facilities put on their facebook that they're playing the Saturday night. Did the mainstage finish early on the Sunday? Thought it finished at 12 last year, if so I'd hope Leftfield play on the Friday then.

I reckon Leftfield will close the festival on Sunday, on the main stage, just like Caribou did last year. That was epic and was the highlight of the weekend, Caribou were billed as festival headliners so I reckon Leftfield will pretty much fill that bill also.

Please some festival promoter book this guy, Daniel Avery, why the fcuk he hasn't played an Irish festival yet I don't know.

He was the first person I thought they'd book this year. Mad surprised they didn't.. They defo need a DJ with a bit of a techy edge to mix things up a bit.

Its only 4/5 weeks til body and soul now... very much doubt anyone else will be added to the line up. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Anyone know if they're sold out yet? We're so broke that we've been putting off getting a ticket but my friend just posted on Facebook looking for one, so now we're paranoid that we've missed our window. :'(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Chloris wrote: »
    Anyone know if they're sold out yet? We're so broke that we've been putting off getting a ticket but my friend just posted on Facebook looking for one, so now we're paranoid that we've missed our window. :'(

No tickets currently available on ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

They were all available yesterday. Curious

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

On ticketmaster they're still saying Tier 4, but there's 5 tiers right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

HausOfTony wrote: »
    On ticketmaster they're still saying Tier 4, but there's 5 tiers right?

I thought so too. Can't buy tier 4 a couple of hours ago. No sign of tier 5.

Reckless In Love has Hidden Agenda on the Friday, Mother on the Saturday again (yay) and Radio Shack on the Sunday. Remember Hidden Agenda & Mother but is Radio Shack a new night or were they Friday last year? 1 month!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

pmalone wrote: »
    I thought so too. Can't buy tier 4 a couple of hours ago. No sign of tier 5.
    more Tier 4 back available now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Reckless In Love has Hidden Agenda on the Friday, Mother on the Saturday again (yay) and Radio Shack on the Sunday. Remember Hidden Agenda & Mother but is Radio Shack a new night or were they Friday last year? 1 month!

Hidden agenda were deffo Sunday last year....they ended with the World Cup tune. Mother were Saturday...can't rem fr? Radio shack was a separate small tent that was next to the processco and wine bar within the walled gardens...had a lovely Saturday sitting there listening to fab tunes. They must be taking over the whole stage then, interesting.
    Can't for the life of me rem who was on in the woods on the fri night, spent most of it in my house

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Rfrip wrote: »
    Hidden agenda were deffo Sunday last year....they ended with the World Cup tune. Mother were Saturday...can't rem fr? Radio shack was a separate small tent that was next to the processco and wine bar within the walled gardens...had a lovely Saturday sitting there listening to fab tunes. They must be taking over the whole stage then, interesting.
    Can't for the life of me rem who was on in the woods on the fri night, spent most of it in my house

The Drifter was on last on the Friday - think it was hosted by Nightflight maybe????

Will miss RadioShack from the walled garden if they're not there.... hopefully that little area stays

Rfrip wrote: »

Oh yeah I remember hidden agenda from Sunday! Was in My House Friday too so dunno who played the Friday night. Really looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

I really, really hope there are more tickets! My boyfriend has never been to a festival and I persuaded him to come to this. So many incredible acts; Sohn, Clark, Superfurries... to name but the most exciting!

Fingers crossed there'll be a tier five.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Oh yeah I remember hidden agenda from Sunday! Was in My House Friday too so dunno who played the Friday night. Really looking forward to it

I hope you weren't one of the many people that I bumped into dancing there that night...my apologies if so!!!fri nights always the worst..or best whatever way I want to look at it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mcbumhole

ha yeah I always get over excited the first night of a festival and go bananas

I actually behaved myself on the Friday, couple of beers max. Got silly on the Saturday and then you can enjoy the Sunday too. I find if you go hard on the Friday you're kinda hanging a bit for the Saturday/Sunday. Also if you don't get too wasted you'll remember where things are.

Pity HA aren't closing the reckless stage again on Sunday. They nailed it last year. But suppose it's only fair it's rotated around.

I'm still holding out hope for a couple of other profile acts to be added, the poster still says many more TBA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah it was Nightflight who ran the Reckless in Love stage on the Friday last year I'm pretty sure. Delighted to hear Hidden Agenda and Mother are back down there, they had some great Irish DJs play down there last year. Getting close now, only a month to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Looks like I'll be going to this on my todd! Any advice welcome, but I'll just be doing the sat and sun nights and was thinking of just kipping in the car. Would I be able to do this with the layout of the place, and security and what not?!!

Looks like I'll be going to this on my todd! Any advice welcome, but I'll just be doing the sat and sun nights and was thinking of just kipping in the car. Would I be able to do this with the layout of the place, and security and what not?!!

I reviewed Body & Soul a few times now from a volunteering perspective, here is the one from 2013, I hope you like.

https://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2013/07/03/review-body-soul-festival-2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Check this out, went to Glastonbury on my own last year and met up with people in a similar situation. Made some great friends.

http://www.meetup.com/gigonometry/events/222032459/

B&S is about 4 acts short of last years bill, would be nice if we got that final announcement, so far no Sunday evening reggae act has been announced as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

...was thinking of just kipping in the car. Would I be able to do this with the layout of the place, and security and what not?!!

You will have a bit of a walk, but nothing deal-breaking.

Not sure what you mean by security.... if you mean festival staff, they won't mind.

If you mean getting broken into / vandalised, I doubt it. Your car should be safer with you in it, than mine all on its lonesome.

I've been to BnS the last three years and would say you'll be totally grand, come along, no worries :)

• Advertisement

My reggae question has been answered.

Advertisement