Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Ta very much folks, I'll defo be goin anyway, I'm a big super furries fan so there's no way I'll be missing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

You will have a bit of a walk, but nothing deal-breaking.

Not sure what you mean by security.... if you mean festival staff, they won't mind.

If you mean getting broken into / vandalised, I doubt it. Your car should be safer with you in it, than mine all on its lonesome.

I've been to BnS the last three years and would say you'll be totally grand, come along, no worries :)

I slept in the car last year no hassle and its really really easy its just another 5 mins walk from where you would probably have ended up camping, you'll make up that time with extra sleep a good few hours of it. Just remember it will be bright when the music stops at 4 am, so have somewhere to block sun light in.

The only issue is your booze. You are only allowed bring in your booze into site on the first go , so stash you booze with someone in the campsite, or else smuggle your booze each time you go in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Ta very much folks, I'll defo be goin anyway, I'm a big super furries fan so there's no way I'll be missing it!

I know it's not known, but would anyone have any idea what night SFA are likely to be on?? An educated guess even...

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

GopErthike wrote: »
    I know it's not known, but would anyone have any idea what night SFA are likely to be on?? An educated guess even...

I'd imagine they'd be the headliners on the Sunday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

lbj666 wrote: »
    I slept in the car last year no hassle and its really really easy its just another 5 mins walk from where you would probably have ended up camping, you'll make up that time with extra sleep a good few hours of it. Just remember it will be bright when the music stops at 4 am, so have somewhere to block sun light in.

The only issue is your booze. You are only allowed bring in your booze into site on the first go , so stash you booze with someone in the campsite, or else smuggle your booze each time you go in and out.

They could stash their booze in a lock up maybe. Would that work? Have never used them so not sure how big they are......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

They could stash their booze in a lock up maybe. Would that work? Have never used them so not sure how big they are......

It could possible cost ya quiet a bit doing that, i can't remember now but i think there only one locker crowd and they were really only for small stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 griff110

Hi Folks,

Does anybody know where I might be able to get a camper van ticket for body and soul 2015. My Camper was sick but its back the road now :):)

Thanks,

Griff

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I'd imagine they'd be the headliners on the Sunday night?

Could just as easily be Saturday (ala Nick Cave in 2013, Goldfrapp last year) with Leftfield headlining Sunday (ala Caribou last year)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

griff110 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Does anybody know where I might be able to get a camper van ticket for body and soul 2015. My Camper was sick but its back the road now :):)

Thanks,

Griff

We were gonna do the campervan thing this year but few friends pull out, my friend is looking to get rid of the ticket but, I know you can't sell stuff on here anymore:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

I seen a few gazebos up the last few years even though the website says none are allowed. We are thinking about bringing a small one down (10x10), is it worth the risk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

I reviewed Body & Soul a few times now from a volunteering perspective, here is the one from 2013, I hope you like.

https://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2013/07/03/review-body-soul-festival-2013/

Applied to do the festival volunteering this year but wasn't sure I'd get time off. Turns out I did, so I paid my deposit and am really looking forward to it now! Read your review of '13 and '14 and they really got me in the mood. Great work :D Heard from friends the weather was amazing last year so hopefully we get lucky again this year.

I know you do the pre-festival but just wondering if you'd know what sort of duties the general stewards do over the course of the weekend?

Applied to do the festival volunteering this year but wasn't sure I'd get time off. Turns out I did, so I paid my deposit and am really looking forward to it now! Read your review of '13 and '14 and they really got me in the mood. Great work :D Heard from friends the weather was amazing last year so hopefully we get lucky again this year.

I know you do the pre-festival but just wondering if you'd know what sort of duties the general stewards do over the course of the weekend?

Your probably not going to get a reply from Bodhrandude for a few days. He's gone to Life festival doing the pre-build afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Your probably not going to get a reply from Bodhrandude for a few days. He's gone to Life festival doing the pre-build afaik

Ah but of course. Cheers, my self esteem woulda been shattered with no reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Just looking at the website there, the new stage tree haus seems to have everything right up my street on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hi Freddiemore I done the weekend volunteering in 2012, I was mainly designated to car park duties that weekend. The work is not really that hard but the pace can be quite hectic on the Friday and Saturday with people arriving, so the time passes fairly well. Most of the time you will be just pointing traffic in a general direction. If its wet then you might have to help with pushing the odd car or van. Sometimes security will tell you to advise motorists to drive in the 2nd gear and to not stall as a car can get stuck in the grass, but only in prolonged wet conditions. Other positions could be arena work which is quite nice as you might be standing in one of the stage areas or you might be put into the camp sites where you just give general info to inquirers and that you are the eyes and ears of the festival, so if you spot some dodgy stuff in the camp site going on, either inform security there, don't tackle a dodgy situation yourself, if you can't get a security guard you should probably phone your volunteer coordinator, Sharon Cronin will be handling the regular stewards this year, so make sure you get her phone number. Call her and she will get security to the spot you are witnessing the trouble. Campsite stewards also have duties like making sure that campers don't set up their tents in emergency fire rescue and ambulance lanes, hence the wooden posts with blue or red rope dotted along paths in the campsite. I can't imagine that much has changed in general duties since 2012, so have a good festival and perhaps we will have a boards meet up there too.

Edit: My review from 2012, will probably have a bit more detail than this post. https://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/bodysoul2012/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Finally bought my tickets! So thrilled to be going. There are some absolutely top-notch acts playing. I focused mostly on the music last year too, but I'd love to know some of the other stuff; the hippie stalls like - I feel like I missed out on a lot of that aspect of it last year. Any tips? What kind of stuff besides music?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Lighthouse Cinema will be at B&S this year apparently. Showing Stop Making Sense among other things

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Rfrip wrote: »
    Just looking at the website there, the new stage tree haus seems to have everything right up my street on it!

Anyone in particular you'd recommend catching? What to expect etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Does the new stage have it's own line up? Like has anything been announced for it or is everything on the main poster already?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Does the new stage have it's own line up? Like has anything been announced for it or is everything on the main poster already?

Yeah there were a few acts announced for it, here's the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

.ak wrote: »

Never heard of any of them but there seems to be a lot of electronic and disco...taste djs seem great, similar to mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

.ak wrote: »

From the treehaus stage, Lasertom is brilliant. Lyttet and Somadrone will be worth checking out too.. That Vinyl Love thing that Nialler9 and Stevie Grainger will be doing from 1pm - 5pm sounds cool also, just lots of different DJs coming in to play some of their favourite records, was meant to be very good in Dublin a few weeks ago.

For anyone that's interested, according to the Body & Soul facebook page, Sunday tickets are now on sale........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Us&you camp site is full already the one you need to register for, that's really dissapointing that was very handy last year. why didnt i register when it opened a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Lighthouse Cinema will be at B&S this year apparently. Showing Stop Making Sense among other things

Goonies, Dazed and Confused, and the Labyrinth.

Excellent choices... Doubt I'll get time to see any of them as they're kinda on at peak times but I may get to catch some of the goonies on friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Natalie Prass is playing

https://youtu.be/tO8XduS7VvA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Anything to be said for boardsies picking a time and place to meet up and go mad at this? I've never met anyone from boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

For anyone that's interested, according to the Body & Soul facebook page, Sunday tickets are now on sale........
    Do we know who's on what day yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roudolph

Do we know who's on what day yet?

Just from individual tour info. From what I remember Talaboman is Friday, Kiasmos Sunday. There's more but no time atm to look up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Absolut Art Bar, designed by Shrine, hosting Kormac, Get Down Edits and much much more...

Sounds like fun :)

Advertisement