Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening New Account

Options
  • 21-11-2014 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can you please confirm what I need to open an account with you?  I have a passport, UK driving licence, PPS number and proof of address.  According to all the information I have found, that is all I require, yet I was turned away in branch because I did not have a proof of income.  Now, my recruitment agency needs bank account details before they can find me a job.  See my problem here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

JonesH wrote: »
    Can you please confirm what I need to open an account with you?  I have a passport, UK driving licence, PPS number and proof of address.  According to all the information I have found, that is all I require, yet I was turned away in branch because I did not have a proof of income.  Now, my recruitment agency needs bank account details before they can find me a job.  See my problem here?
    Hi JonesH,

Thank you for contacting us here and welcome to Boards.

Sorry to hear you were unable to open an account while you were in branch. If you are based in Northern Ireland or the UK, please call 0800 0850 444 to speak with a member of our New Accounts team. They will be happy to advise you any alternative documentation you can use in order to open an account with us. You can also find more information on our Current accounts here.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement