Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no sound on evision

Options
  • 21-11-2014 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

First switch on of box today, had no sound at all.. Have turned off the Tv and box itself.
    Sound on other Tv options working perfectly..

Customer care have also hung up on me twice instead of putting me on hold!.. Not good enough.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

bennyl10 wrote: »
    First switch on of box today, had no sound at all.. Have turned off the Tv and box itself.
    Sound on other Tv options working perfectly..

Customer care have also hung up on me twice instead of putting me on hold!.. Not good enough.

Hi bennyl10

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Sorry to hear this & apologies for the recent experience you had with customer care. I would recommend calling our technical support team on 1890 260 260 & they will be able to look into this for you.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Ash[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

reset your evision box. turn it upside down and press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds then release. then it will reboot. then select your tv type standard or widescreen (4:3 or 16:9) then it will reboot again and hopefully your sound will work again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

reset your evision box. turn it upside down and press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds then release. then it will reboot. then select your tv type standard or widescreen (4:3 or 16:9) then it will reboot again and hopefully your sound will work again
    Thanks for your advice above Bog Standard User

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mcmahonc

Hi There,

I am also experiencing the exact same issue and eircom support have not been able to help, the eircom installation technical told my other half it was our TV and he had tested the TV back against UPC and the sound was not working there either. I did this test and found UPC (which has a scart to scart connection, worked perfectly, no problems with the sound at all. I reset the evision box but did not get any option relating to widescreen etc. Did this ever resolve for you?

Thanks,

Claire

mcmahonc wrote: »
    Hi There,

I am also experiencing the exact same issue and eircom support have not been able to help, the eircom installation technical told my other half it was our TV and he had tested the TV back against UPC and the sound was not working there either. I did this test and found UPC (which has a scart to scart connection, worked perfectly, no problems with the sound at all. I reset the evision box but did not get any option relating to widescreen etc. Did this ever resolve for you?

Thanks,

Claire
    Hi mcmahonc

Very sorry to hear this, the best advice I can offer you is to contact our evision support team over WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow or on 1890260260.

As Bog Standard User advised above I think you should give this a try "
    reset your evision box. turn it upside down and press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds then release. then it will reboot. then select your tv type standard or widescreen (4:3 or 16:9) then it will reboot again and hopefully your sound will work again"

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 mcmahonc

Hi Al,

I actually got this sorted myself, my gut feeling is that either the reset I followed did some magic or there were too many simultaneous connections to the tv in one go or there was a large loss of quality on the scart to hdmi cable, a dodgy scart to hdmi cable or a combination of all. The installation technician had installed a scart to hdmi connection between evision and the tv and this not work, no sound at all. In resetting UPC (scart to scart), the sound did work so I knew my tv was working. In testing my dvd (hdmi-hdmi) also did work. So I reset the evision box and disconnected all cables and started again one by one with all of the appliances.  I reconnected my dvd first of all hdmi-to-hdmi and there was no issues with the sound. I knew then that the HDMI cable was working, I tried this cable on hdmi-hdmi for evision and presto sound was back. I then tried the scart to hdmi cable to see if the cable was faulty and the sound worked but was very muffled, this to me infers loss of quality due to conversion etc. All in all I am working but I am a bit shocked the technician walked off the job leaving us with a new install and no sound and said we probably needed a new tv.

Regards,

Claire

Hi mcmahonc

Thank you very much for sharing this and for updating the thread. You're right, the technician should not have left it like that and I sincerely apologise for this. I will ensure your feedback reached management of field operations to help prevent that happening again.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement