Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Training

Options
  • 21-11-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello all,

I have been offered a place in the tax departments in Deloitte, EY and PWC each of which have their positive and negative feedback so I'm still confused which to go with! (Must chose by Friday).

Anyone have experience in any of these?? PWC has good feedback about the hours of work in the tax department and study leave offered in comparison to the others, whereas Deloitte are offering me more money but with very little difference in the amounts! EY were very welcoming in their recruitment process but i can't ignore the negative feedback i'm hearing about them either!

I'm edging towards PWC because although i expect to be doing long hours in any of them, people seem to be suggesting there are somewhat fewer hours in PWC!?

Any opinions on the matter are welcome!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

murphs1 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I have been offered a place in the tax departments in Deloitte, EY and PWC each of which have their positive and negative feedback so I'm still confused which to go with! (Must chose by Friday).

Anyone have experience in any of these?? PWC has good feedback about the hours of work in the tax department and study leave offered in comparison to the others, whereas Deloitte are offering me more money but with very little difference in the amounts! EY were very welcoming in their recruitment process but i can't ignore the negative feedback i'm hearing about them either!

I'm edging towards PWC because although i expect to be doing long hours in any of them, people seem to be suggesting there are somewhat fewer hours in PWC!?

Whoever is telling you that you will be working less hours in PwC is pulling your leg. Take it from me.....

My opinion - I wouldn't touch EY with a barge pole. After that, it really depends which one you felt more in tune with from the milk rounds and interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

murphs1 wrote: »
    Hello all,

Frankly I would say you have to ignore feedback by and large - its a people business, go with the people you felt most comfortable with, or the firm you think has the best prospects and ambition for the future and when you start, let your own personality, your own drive and motivation, your attitude and your curiosity be what determines what you get out of it.

Best of luck wherever you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭musicfan1ie

dogsears wrote: »
    Frankly I would say you have to ignore feedback by and large - its a people business, go with the people you felt most comfortable with, or the firm you think has the best prospects and ambition for the future and when you start, let your own personality, your own drive and motivation, your attitude and your curiosity be what determines what you get out of it.

Best of luck wherever you go.

Yeah, I'd agree with dogsears. Gut feeling sealed it for me when I decided. If ambitious, all will offer great opportunities. Deloitte is renowned for having a great work environment in Ireland. But, I also know people who've worked with PWC and loved it.

All 3 of those firms will look great on your CV in future years, so enjoy the decision and have a great career with them!

Advertisement