Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicket Campers

Options
  • 21-11-2014 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi,

I am travelling to Melbourne for 3 weeks from January 15Th , Two weeks of that I plan to go travelling with some friends who I am meeting up with . Try to decide the best way to see some places like the great ocean road and round Cairns. There will be three of us.

I see Wicket Campers do pretty good deals, or would I be better off flying to each location and rent a car and stay in hostels.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Hi,

I am travelling to Melbourne for 3 weeks from January 15Th , Two weeks of that I plan to go travelling with some friends who I am meeting up with . Try to decide the best way to see some places like the great ocean road and round Cairns. There will be three of us.

I see Wicket Campers do pretty good deals, or would I be better off flying to each location and rent a car and stay in hostels.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

You need to work out which would be cheaper and then which would you prefer.
    We hired a Britz van and loved it. Loved the campsites especially the ones off the beaten track up in Cape Trib and other areas. I would recommend the van but how many of ye will there be and do ye mind all sleeping in the van or do ye need a tent too?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭roadrunnermick

Hi thanks for the reply , Britz look good. Will definitely pass that info to the rest of the group

There ill be 3 people travelling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Wicked are an awful company. Aside from having overpriced clapped out old vans with questionable roadworthyness (registered in states with no roadworthy checks), they have terrible graffiti paint jobs that are usually highly offensive, sexist and mysoginistic, promoting rape culture and violence towards women.

A company with a crap product and bad ethics.

Have a look at rental returns. They are usually free/cheap. You get a certain amount of days to return a previous 1 way rental vehicle. Your given a certain amount of days or KMs for the trip. Sometimes free fuel or fuel allowance. Just plan and book in advance to get the vehicle you want. They range from 4 door cars to 3-4 berth campervans, sometimes you get a 3 berth Landcruiser camper and have the chance to get off road (don't tell them that).

Think it's called imoova. Just google standby rental relocations. They are all new, well maintained vehicles too.

EDIT:

Rental relocation sites -

http://www.imoova.com/imoova/relocations

https://www.transfercar.com.au

Advertisement