Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hardware Discussion Thread

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Won't buying one but I'm definitely curious to see what's new. Ergonomically the Xbox controller is probably the pinnacle of design and function as it is already. Kinda hard to see where they can take it.

They'll improve the bumpers and triggers and probably upgrade the grips.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Won't buying one but I'm definitely curious to see what's new. Ergonomically the Xbox controller is probably the pinnacle of design and function as it is already. Kinda hard to see where they can take it.

Much of it has leaked actually, ages ago now.

The main ones are:

More stops on the triggers
    More profiles
    Variable tension thumbsticks
    USB-C for faster charging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CatInABox wrote: »
    Much of it has leaked actually, ages ago now.

The main ones are:

More stops on the triggers
    More profiles
    Variable tension thumbsticks
    USB-C for faster charging

Yup, it might ne magnetic charger yolk too.
    Main thing why I want one are those exta paddles.
    I hope they will keep 150eu price and not jack it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Hope this is correct location. Bought our young lad 2tb external hard drive (Seagate green Xbox type) for Christmas. He dropped it and now wont work. Is this worth getting checked out / repaired or just get a new one I assume any USB 3 hard drive of say half a TB or more will work ?? I tried my one one that I use to back up my own laptop but I gather the Xbox wont share the external hard drive and is prompting to format ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

DIY KING wrote: »
    Hope this is correct location. Bought our young lad 2tb external hard drive (Seagate green Xbox type) for Christmas. He dropped it and now wont work. Is this worth getting checked out / repaired or just get a new one I assume any USB 3 hard drive of say half a TB or more will work ?? I tried my one one that I use to back up my own laptop but I gather the Xbox wont share the external hard drive and is prompting to format ?

You could always try and take it apart and re mount it in an enclosure, but tbh, it's probably goosed and as easy to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gonshonmargo
    wiseessays

great information

Advertisement