Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund not debited to account yet

Options
  • 21-11-2014 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

I have had a refund processed from topshop on the 15th of this month for over £90 but it has still not appeared in mi account yet. It usually doesn't take this long for refunds to be debited, what could be wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi anna080,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Card refunds are processed by the retailer and are generally received within 3-5 days. Once they process this, the credit will automatically be applied to your account. To clarify why this has not yet been received, you would need to contact the company in question. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So it turns out topshop credited my refund to my old visa debit card that is now cancelled. I haven't used it since March but it was still in their system. This isn't the card I used for the order it would have been declined anyway cos it's cancelled. So where do I go from here? They say they won't refund me twice, so I am out €92

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi anna080,

Thanks for your reply. 

The refund should take three to five working days. But as you have you not received this yet, you will need to ask Topshop for proof that they have fully processed this refund and that it was sent correctly. They will be able to see whether this payment was sent successfully. 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Hi anna080,

Thanks for your reply. 

The refund should take three to five working days. But as you have you not received this yet, you will need to ask Topshop for proof that they have fully processed this refund and that it was sent correctly. They will be able to see whether this payment was sent successfully. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Did you even read my complaint? They refunded the wrong account. I've no way of knowing if it went through or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

anna080 wrote: »
    Hi anna080,

Thanks for your reply. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Did you even read my complaint? They refunded the wrong account. I've no way of knowing if it went through or not.
    Hi anna080,

You will need to ask Topshop for clarification on what card number they sent this to and for proof on this refund payment. If they are unable to resolve this for you, you can fill in a Visa Debit Dispute form which you can find here. Please then post this form to the address on the bottom of the form. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement