Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coca-Cola Life

Options
  • 21-11-2014 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

It's not officially released until the new year but i just bought a can in cost-cutter first time i've seen them over here. I haven't tried it yet but it's meant to taste the same as normal coke only with half the calories. Just letting people know if they wanna try it early..
    A new Coca Cola brand with green credentials, Coca Cola Life, is to go on sale in Ireland at the end of January next year.

Piloted in Argentina and Chile in 2013 and recently launched in Great Britain, this lower-calorie cola contains a third less sugar and a third fewer calories than regular cola.

It contains stevia leaf extract, which is naturally sourced from the stevia plant, native to South America.

Coca-Cola first introduced stevia to Ireland in 2012 when it re-launched Sprite with stevia – reducing the sugar in that drink by one third.

All Coca Cola Life packs will be fully recyclable and the 330ml can will contain recycled materials.

Differentiated by its green packaging, Coca-Cola Life is the most recent example in a series of initiatives by the company “to inspire happier, healthier lives”.

It delivers on the company’s well-being commitments to provide consumers with increased choice of reduced, low and no-calorie beverage options and also to reduce the average calories per litre in its range of sparkling drinks by 5pc by the end of 2014.

Its launch in this country follows Coca-Cola Ireland’s investment in Dublinbikes to enable the expansion of the scheme earlier this year.

The partnership with the Dublin City Council and JC Decaux will see the Coca-Cola Zero ‘dublinbikes’ double the number of stations to 100 and treble the number of bikes available – up to 1,500.
    fjgrwk.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Doesn't look right to me. I think they should have had *some* red on the packaging

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

Boots & SuperDrug also have it, VERY hard to tell the difference between it and original Coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

I had some in Maguires beside Grafton street, didn't like it as much as normal coke, tastes a bit watered down

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Interesting, seems to be the best attempt at copying the original taste so far, Zero is fecking disgusting...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Had a bottle yesterday, threw half it out & bought a can of full fat flavour to wash the taste away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thats that then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

tried it a few weeks ago (got it in boots) not a fan AT ALL saw dealz had big bottles for anyone wanting to try it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Saw a can of this recently, didn't know wtf it was. Bought a can of cherry coke instead. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Clarie29

I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Spaniel heaven

Hell noooooooooooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

Tropicana released a range of Stevia sweetened juices last year or the year before. I bought a pack to try it out. Disgusting! I had trouble finishing it and would have flushed it down the sink if it wasn't for the fact it was expensive to begin with. I'm not very hopeful of Coke Life being that nice after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

squonk wrote: »
    Tropicana released a range of Stevia sweetened juices last year or the year before. I bought a pack to try it out. Disgusting! I had trouble finishing it and would have flushed it down the sink if it wasn't for the fact it was expensive to begin with. I'm not very hopeful of Coke Life being that nice after that.

I tried them too and they are disgusting. In Germany to reduce Calories in juice, its extremely common to mix half juice with half sparkling water(Germans love sparkling water). They can it Schorle. It actually tastes really good

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Mathrew

Thargor wrote: »
    Interesting, seems to be the best attempt at copying the original taste so far, Zero is fecking disgusting...

I don't like Zero, it taste like nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

I really like it, as for diet and zero urge muck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Just tried some, it's a bit different but not too bad.
    I usually can't stand diet drinks, they all taste like they are artificial sweeter flavor, it just overpowers any other taste.
    This though doesn't have that, but it's not just like the real thing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I tried it today. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I didn't like it at all. Too similar to Coke Zero for my liking. I've cut almost all fizzy drinks out of my diet, but like to have a can of coke now and again. Think I'll stick with the normal Coke as a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Dragging up an old the thread... But has the life version been removed from the Irish market? I know it was removed from the UK and a few others but cannot find any reference to it being removed from the Irish market.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Dragging up an old the thread... But has the life version been removed from the Irish market? I know it was removed from the UK and a few others but cannot find any reference to it being removed from the Irish market.

Yep was removed from the Irish market along with the UK. I loved it so was raging. :( Back to coke zero and less occassionally the normal coke for me now. Enjoyed gorging on life when I was in Italy though. :)

Advertisement