Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Door Call

Options
  • 21-11-2014 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

My brother owns a town house in Limerick and is trying to sell it via an auctioneer. He just rang me there to say that two polish people came to the door and offered him 70k if they can have a look at it tomorrow. Nothing of any value in the house- its empty, he was just there checking up on the place. He told them to get onto the auctioneer but they asked could they deal directly with my brother.

Hes letting them have a look tomrorow.

What do ye think about it??

Wise or silly decision?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Happens- I wouldn't necessarily read anything into it.
    Make 100% certain its all done via solicitor though- and no keys or anything for them to come back and view at their own leisure..........
    Also- I'd suggest your brother have a mate help him show them around the property- I'm not saying anything is askew- I'm just a bit suspicious.

I don't know prices for the area- is 70k ballpark correct for the property type/area?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Be careful of terms of EA contract as they could look for percentage due to fact these guys got interested due to EA adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Also- I'd suggest your brother have a mate help him show them around the property- I'm not saying anything is askew- I'm just a bit suspicious.
    There's the above, and there's also a chance that the EA is playing stupid games. The two people may have seen someone enter the house that was not the EA, and popped over to give an offer direct to the seller.

Ask your bro if many people have bid on the house? If there are none, I'd wonder if the EA was playing silly games to get the house cheap for someone he knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Its in line with what's going, he's selling it really because he has another house bought and wants to give some other family a start. Bid of 69 on it and valued between 75k and 80k. My brother told him loosely that 75k was what he wanted and yer man didnt seem phased by it.

I mentioned to him about the EA and he said he doesnt mind giving him his percentage even if he doesnt go through him. It's only 2% sonothing major in the long run if he got 75k. Think he stands to make a grand or so off the sale.

He's waiting for them there anyways!! I'll report back when he rings!!

Advertisement