Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ranking for intern post allocation

Options
  • 21-11-2014 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Had a quick question about the ranking for intern posts.

As far as i can see the HSE website says that its
    1. EU citizens from Irish med schools that get priority over non EU grads of irish med schools etc.

However i have been told by our school that its Irish citizens From Irish med schools that are allocated first based on centile, then EU citizens who are grads of Irish med schools next and so on down the line.

So my question is do Irish citizens from Irish schools get priority over Non Irish, EU citizens from Irish schools or are all EU grads (irish, english etc.) from irish med schools thrown in together and the centile is just used?

Hope that makes sense, any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

All EU applicants are equal (not just from Irish med schools) so if Mary from Germany gets a higher centile than Mary from Dublin then German Mary gets the job. Only after EUs are out do the jobs go to non-EU.

Advertisement