Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone Towncentre granted new anchor

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Initially I would wonder how they got away with opening Insomnia when Costa is only two or three doors down. But Penneys are the main draw to Golden Island so I'm guessing they can do whatever they want really! But when I was in on Friday, there was one customer at the counter in Insomnia. Passed Costa about 10 mins later and there was a fair queue.

Actually was in the new anchor for the Athlone Towncentre on Friday aswell - TK Maxx. I actually had to leave before I finished the bottom floor - the Christmas music drove me mad - I can't be listening to Fairytale of New York this early!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

http://athlonetowncentre.com/stores/list/tiger/

Tiger opening in the centre soon. They're kind of like a pound shop version of Ikea and are from Denmark - quite a few stores in Dublin. Lots of inexpensive gift type/household items.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭glen25

Any idea where in town centre Tiger is opening? I was in at the weekend and the only vacant store is the old Promod one. Can't really remember it but it never struck me as a large shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

glen25 wrote: »
    but it never struck me as a large shop.

Plenty big enough for a tat shop like Tiger.

• Advertisement

glen25 wrote: »
    Any idea where in town centre Tiger is opening? I was in at the weekend and the only vacant store is the old Promod one. Can't really remember it but it never struck me as a large shop.
    It doesn't need to be that big, the stock is small enough in size anyway. I've only been in the one in Galway, it's not that big. Once you take down all the railings and the fitting room area there would be more room. Hopefully they design it better than Promod when they were there - I could never actually find anything worth looking at in there and the lighting was poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Starbucks have opened today in the Town Centre according to their FB page - in the central area opposite O'Briens.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Mearings

ongarboy wrote: »
    Starbucks have opened today in the Town Centre according to their FB page - in the central area opposite O'Briens.

Well they were doing a roaring trade yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Mearings wrote: »
    Well they were doing a roaring trade yesterday.

just proves how many idiots there are out there

overpriced crap coffee

Advertisement