Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Macbook - best browser???

• 21-11-2014 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭

Hi i have been using safari for an age but i get the impression that it is not so compatible with my macbook.
    Also I use gmail and it says that it does not support the version of safari that i have - however i cannot find another version of safari??

Should I change browser? If so what would you recommend? Google chrome?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭OU812

How could it not be compatible with your macbook ? It's written by the same people who write the O/S & manufacture the hardware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭sporina

OU812 wrote: »
    How could it not be compatible with your macbook ? It's written by the same people who write the O/S & manufacture the hardware

i just use the dam thing - i am IT clueless...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Safari is the best browser on a MacBook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Go to the app store and check for an update , what version of OSX are you on ? ,
    you can see this by clicking on the top left of the screen and selecting about this mac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Could be an older Mac with no more safari updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭sporina

BrendanD wrote: »
    Go to the app store and check for an update , what version of OSX are you on ? ,
    you can see this by clicking on the top left of the screen and selecting about this mac.

version 10.6.8?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

You should try and update your Mac to Yosemite, the newest update. Check if your Mac is compatible and then you'll be able to get the newest version and features of Safari.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

DubDJ wrote: »
    You should try and update your Mac to Yosemite, the newest update. Check if your Mac is compatible and then you'll be able to get the newest version and features of Safari.
    +1 for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Safari is the best browser on a MacBook.

Nope not on older versions of the os!
    sporina wrote: »
    version 10.6.8?
    DubDJ wrote: »

updating is not always the best option, i cannot update because if i do a lot of the software i use (including old mac games) will just not work.

so i have 10.6.8 on mine too,

i use chrome, chrome while it is faster (and works better) than safari, it can crash the entire macbook, so always have a time machine back up (i do mine weekly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Safari is "best" but do try out chrome if you like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbC3WR1t3uM

Tips for safari https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcYQ2xHjb9s

• Advertisement
Advertisement