Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xmas 2014 Group Buy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

Hi folks. My first group but here, just updated the spreadsheet. Just let me know when to pay. :cool:

Cheers!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Any other takers? I'll look to get this ordered on Thursday so if you need to order please do so by the end of Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭James_R

Am I reading/converting this right - €25 for a 250g bag of the Kenyan? this better be good!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

260 SEK /KG = €28

I presume that would mean the 250g comes to around €7.

At least that's how I read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Order added to spreadsheet..

adrian522 wrote: »
    260 SEK /KG = €28

I presume that would mean the 250g comes to around €7.

At least that's how I read it.
    :o

Oh yes, err didn't read that right.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Order added thanks for this

As an aside I got the following from coffee collective, may be worth considering for next time though VAT Number may be an issue.

"Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your email. If you can make an order of a total of 10 kilos, and have a VAT number for the invoicing, we’ll be able to sell to you at whole sale prices. We will need payment before shipment, and you should expect the shipment to be around DKK 305.00."

Delivery is about €40 with them.

As an aside I got the following from coffee collective, may be worth considering for next time though VAT Number may be an issue.

"Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your email. If you can make an order of a total of 10 kilos, and have a VAT number for the invoicing, we’ll be able to sell to you at whole sale prices. We will need payment before shipment, and you should expect the shipment to be around DKK 305.00."

Delivery is about €40 with them.

I can sort you with a VAT number for the next one.

Actually I'll organise the next one, maybe in Jan or Feb?

• Advertisement

May be a bit soon, but yeah thanks for the offer.

I replied to him asking about the VAT number and to send me the prices but he is out of the office till Monday, be interesting to see what the prices are like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

I would happily organise this early in the new year. Might help us all to beat the January blues! Hows about I open a spreadsheet on 1st Jan??

Finalizing this order tomorrow morning so get the sheet updated today if you want to be included,

snollup wrote: »
    I would happily organise this early in the new year. Might help us all to beat the January blues! Hows about I open a spreadsheet on 1st Jan??

If we're going with coffee collective I can give VAT num. :D

Can everyone double check the spreadsheet to ensure it is correct?

Looks like someone may have messed things up slightly with the Costa Rica one, as the top line had 250G (instead of the name of the coffee so want to make sure everyone's is correct..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 colmk40a

snollup wrote: »

Yes please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭ArcticFox

Mine looks spot on.

I've upped the ante on the formatting to make it easier to read and navigate.

Also, here's the link again so that people don't need to search for it

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZG-axdawdRaZehjFjUHPgMlOduc6jfehL-FMAWlbBVM/edit?pli=1#gid=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

ArcticFox wrote: »
    Mine looks spot on.

+1

Thanks again Adrian.

Mine is fine as well

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Wigsy

mine is ok too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 colmk40a

I'll have to cancel mine. Won't be around to pick it up. Gutted!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Mine is ok.

Can sort out bank transfer when necessary.

I've sent a request for an invoice now. 20.5 KG's of coffee.

It will be fun getting this delivered.

( Slightly)Bad News on the coffee front
    Koppi wrote:
    Sorry to let you know that we don’t have Santa Rosa or Biftu Gudina any longer..
    But we do have a new Rwandan coffee called Nyungwe Pea Berry. We have this as our Christmas coffee ”Nutcracker” ( 240kr/kg )

Maybe go for this instead?
    We don’t have any 750g bags.. Only 250g.

Please let me know asap and I will send you invoice today.. As soon as you send me a receipt for the payment we can send the coffee:)

Are people that ordered Santa Rosa or Biftu Gudina happy to switch to the Rwandan coffee?

Namely: beanian, snollup, CarlLedge, Planet X, krusty_clown, wigsy.

I'll send them PM's now to try and get this moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

yeah im happy to switch to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

beanian wrote: »
    yeah im happy to switch to that
    Perfect for me too. Thanks much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Hi adrian, would it be too late to come on board this group buy? Are you hoping for all participants to collect in person or any chance of sending on via post (with buyer paying postage of course) ?

jArgHA wrote: »
    Hi adrian, would it be too late to come on board this group buy? Are you hoping for all participants to collect in person or any chance of sending on via post (with buyer paying postage of course) ?

Hi, To be honest I'd rather not get into posting things on. Is there anyone you know in Dublin who could collect it?

I've just sent in the order but can amend it if you can arrange someone to collect up here?

What beers(if you drink)are you into btw Adrian?

RasTa wrote: »
    What beers(if you drink)are you into btw Adrian?

LOL, no need for anything like that, all I'm doing is sending a few emails and I've benefited from many of these group buy's in the past.

For what it's worth I received the following reply from Blue Bottle

Thanks for the message.

Sorry it took a little bit to get back to you! I checked in with our special orders department to see if we could do this, and I'm sorry to say that we aren't going to be able to fulfill your oder. We're still just getting our feet wet with international shipping, and so far it has been kind of a bumpy road. Check back in with us next year, we may be able to do it then!

Sorry again we were unable to help out with this.

- Kristina at Blue Bottle Coffee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

jArgHA wrote: »

Where are you located, feel free to pm me.

I've received the invoice, it's not quite correct, they need to make 1 small change but I've created a spreadsheet with the prices for each of us. I've calculated the cost of each coffee in SEK and also added in the shipping cost.

I've divided up the shipping cost based on how many bags of coffee you ordered (500g counting as 2 bags).

I've then converted the whole lot into Euro. I've rounded up on the exchange rate a bit as I don't want to get stuck if the rate changes between now and when I pay. (Todays rate is €1 = 8.95 SEK, but I've calculated based on €1 = 8.9 SEK which adds about €4 to the overall order.

Anyway, spreadsheet is here, I'll PM you bank details if thats how the majority want to pay?

Put your username as the comment when you are transferring the cash so I know how has paid.

If you want to pay with Pay Pal let me know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htR3vreeMHKA5QXvKKtq4iI28sWnNARB4ZRGLotFjek/edit?usp=sharing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Will transfer cash in the morning. Thanks for all you efforts on this.

Adrain payment sent thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Done and dusted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭ArcticFox

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Paid by bank transfer!

Thanks Adrian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Hi, To be honest I'd rather not get into posting things on. Is there anyone you know in Dublin who could collect it?

I've just sent in the order but can amend it if you can arrange someone to collect up here?

Thanks Adrian, no worries I guess I missed this one but I'll be keeping an eye on here for the next one if it happens and may get someone to collect in Dublin.
    Where are you located, feel free to pm me.

Thanks for the offer quadrifoglio verde, if I take part in a future group buy I may drop you a PM :)

Back to Filter (Cork city) for me so to purchase my beans before Christmas :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Paid, sincere thanks again Adrian!

Is everyone not paying the same shipping? ie they send someone a box with 30kgs of coffee?

• Advertisement

No, Shipping is calculated based on how many bags of coffee you ordered. Works out pretty cheap anyway, only around €33 in total.

Ok, cool.

Funds transferred

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CarlLedge

Payment made!!!

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Payment made

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Payment made by bank transfer. Delighted with the price - you definitely organised a nice deal for us with the wholesale prices :D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭jdburkedjburke

Adrian

Payment made Thanks for organizing group buy.

• Advertisement

Lads, someone sent in a paypal payment without a username. Can you let me know who it was? Sent in shortly before 3pm.

Payment on the way to you now Adrian - thanks a million!

Are we all meeting somewhere to collect? (and taste?)

No idea on that score, I could see if 3FE would be interested in hosting something?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭jdburkedjburke

Lads, someone sent in a paypal payment without a username. Can you let me know who it was? Sent in shortly before 3pm.

Adrian

That I think was me apologizes, I sent you a private message regarding same.

David

I think yours was a bank transfer though? This person sent via paypal, name is Shane C*****

• Advertisement
Advertisement