Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Race 2015

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Enduro

Peterx wrote: »
    Enduro, you are a sample size of 1 person.

In a sample of 150 people (the entrants) 43% disagreed with with your opinion this year, after shelling out €600. (not the 57% I said earlier, my mistake)

A further 20% of starters also DNF'd.

For those people, it certainly is a tough event. It does look tough, it is listed in a list of tough events.

You might not agree but that's just the way it is, much like one day multi-sport races in Ireland calling themselves Adventure Races (with capital letters) :)

I don't doubt it's a tough event for some people. Running a mile is a tough event for some people.

It's listed in a list of tough events alright. A fairly laughable list (I really did laugh at it, it was so aweful) that leaves out some of the obvious genuinely tough events in the country (Where was the Race Around Ireland for example, Where was the Ras for that matter. Those are genuinely tough events).

It isn't "Just the way it is". It's just the way it is marketed. Are we now to believe that the likes of Tough Mudder etc are amongst the toughest races in the country just because they are marketed that way, and some of the participants find them hard going?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Advertisement