Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to sell property to local authority?

Options
  • 21-11-2014 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

For nearly three years I’ve had a property rented out to a local authority through the RAS scheme, and I’ve had one tenant in it all along.
    I’m wondering do councils ever buy houses such as mine from landlords, and if so, how to go about doing so, has anyone here been through the process?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would not get involved in the RAS scheme but am in a situation where the house is almost guaranteed rent allowance tenants,I would love to sell it to them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm not sure that councils have the capital for these sorts of purchases.

If you want to sell, then why not just sell it to another investor?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 traveller2

Yeah, very true Mrs O'Bumble, I figured if the local authority were already in rental agreement with me, maybe it is something they'd be interested in. I'll just call them. Reason I posted it initially, is just a few months back there was talk of investment in housing stock
    etc and local authorities buying properties.

Advertisement