Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seagulls gone?

Options
  • 22-11-2014 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    The seagulls in Galway city seem to have vanished to my eyes in recent weeks. Has anyone else noticed this? and if so can anyone offer any explanation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Was wondering about that myself. it's either something to do with the weather or the fast food in Galway has really gone to shìt.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kikidelvin

They are all here in Dublin now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

maybe few fishing boats

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Migration patterns are different at the different times of year, im not sure where they go but they arrive around March-ish and leave every year by end Sept/October.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

kikidelvin wrote: »
    They are all here in Dublin now.

Raised the average intelligence of both cities, huh!

Seriously ... maybe the council did a cull?

Whatever the reason, I'm not complaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Yeah, I think I found them.

Like, every seagull in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Haven't seen seagulls since the LEAP card was brought in

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

They are in Ballyloughane beach. I was there on Thursday and took a video on my phone of the seagulls. I don't know if it had something to do with the fog but there must have been thousands of them there. The noise from them was horrible!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

There snowbirds, they winter in warmer climes.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kikidelvin

I just wish they were as tasty as Swans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

They are not in the City because the nesting season is over, they generally nest on high buildings around the City as there is plenty of food for them, they go back to the sea when their young are able to fly. Read this somewhere but cant find it, if you are a late owl you can see them in the early hours picking up bits of takeaway food etc.

Advertisement