Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vienna smoked tofu, what to do with it/how to cook it?

Options
  • 22-11-2014 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all

sorry for so many posts/questions

I bought some linkenshere sausages the other day which i'm looking forward to trying, don't need any help with those

My question is about the vienna smoked tofu I bought.

How can i make this into a nice breakfast? Is it ok to replace this for bacon as a kind of TLT? What else can i do with it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭AdFundum

I love smoked tofu.

I slice it thinly and use it in sandwiches for my lunch between two slices of biona hemp seed bread (the seeds make a satisfying cracking sound) and whatever salad I have lying around. I also use bits of it in salads (especially if dressed with toasted sesame oil). Its nice grilled and can work well for breakfast - smoked tofu, grilled tomatoes, potato cakes, grilled Portabello mushroom and sometimes a Linda McCartney sausage thrown in for good measure - yum. Its also nice in teryaki dishes - wok fry shredded cabbage, onions, garlic, carrot, toasted sesame seeds and whatever veg you have lying around with some soya sauce and a dribble of teryaki, then spread a thin layer of teryaki on the tofu slices and grill on a low heat for a bout 15 minutes. Enjoy!

Advertisement