Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Manchester United Match Thread. 22/11.2014. 5.30pm Sky.

• 22-11-2014 1:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

Pre+Match+-+EPL+-+Arsenal+v.+Man+Utd+-+22-01-12%255B%2528000262%252916-24-12%255D.JPG

1416607778788_Image_galleryImage_Prem_Teams_1_jpg.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Just looking at the predicted teams surely Fellaini starts! That back 4 has me rattling already

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Think it'll be a 1-1 game, Rooney and Sanchez on the scoresheet. Though I'd love to see RVP scoring the winner late on :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

This could go either way 0-0 or 4-4 but i think i'll settle for 2-1 gunners win

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

duffman13 wrote: »
    Just looking at the predicted teams surely Fellaini starts! That back 4 has me rattling already

I'd say fellaini will start over Herrera, I expect Carrick to start as well. Maybe mata might come in for Januzaij since he played well and scored when he came on vs Palace.
    3-1 United, Sanchez, RVP x2 and Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Kharrell wrote: »
    Think it'll be a 1-1 game, Rooney and Sanchez on the scoresheet. Though I'd love to see RVP scoring the winner late on :P

Very hard to see this being that low scored. Especially on Arsenal's side. 3-1 to the Gooners for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

3-2 to one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Was thinking 2 - 0 to the Arsenal, so so confident now.

Both teams playing poorly, but it's usually this fixture around this time united kick on.

Maybe 4 - 1 united.

Hard to call when both teams have been so poor.

Two all draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

4-4 United

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

A draw in this game isn't really any good to either team.

Injuries aside, UTD need to start to back up the talk of progress with a winning performance against a genuine top 4 side. Regardless of their current position, like UTD, Arsenal will ,IMO, be top 4 this season.

The draws against City and Chelsea were acceptable in the face of what went before.

To build on that, UTD need to win today and I would be disappointed if LVG didn't send out a team with that objective.

Blind is a big loss, obviously means Fellaini has to play, but it's a chance for UTD to play an extra creative player. I would be disappointed if he went with Carrick over Mata or Herrera.

Fellaini and Carrick would, IMO, represent setting up a team not to be beaten rather than a team to take the game to Arsenal.

Having said that, with all the defensive problems, you can see how he might wish to put in an extra layer of cover.

I just think that UTD need to beat a genuinely top team soon. I expect it to be today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

considering the horrendous injuries that never end, I will settle for a 2-1 win today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Sky hyping up this game is ridiculous, two former big teams in decline.

Oh, come on Arsenal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

16 years since they played each other with both being outside the top four. Used to be the best show in town. Hopefully they can give us another memorable game. 2-2 for me.

gebbel wrote: »
    16 years since they played each other with both being outside the top four. Used to be the best show in town. Hopefully they can give us another memorable game. 2-2 for me.

Aside from league position there hasn't been a good match between the 2 in a good half a dozen years. There's been the odd memorable match but even they weren't competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Really looking forward to this game. I have a feeling the old fiery matches might return between us. Both teams struggling this year, both desperate for points, I can definitely see emotions running high and some rash tackles. Can't wait for this now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Lets all pretend like its the early 2000's again :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can't see us shaking off whatever hoodoo united have over us today. I expect a similar match to the draw last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A game that both managers will be determined not to lose. So not losing will take precedence over winning. A 1 - 1 draw is the value bet.
    Will be hoping we get a lightening quick start and score early which might make for an exciting game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

We're in a bad place now, injury list is insane.

Arsenal at home, I'll say 2-1 or 3-1 to Arsenal... unless Rooney or Di Maria turns it on big style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

No matter how bad United play, I am expecting Arsenal to match their ****tiness and for United to get at least a draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'd go for a 1 1 draw both teams missing 3 or 4 of their first choice eleven.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Arsenal to score first but completely bottle it.

2-1 United, An RvP winner.

Welbeck to miss an absolute sitter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Raf32 wrote: »
    Welbeck to miss an absolute sitter!

That's not exactly sticking your neck out is it? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What minute have we got Fellaini to smash his elbow into someone's face? I'll go for the 64th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Walcott out with a groin injury. When did he pick that up? He and Falcao picked up their knee injuries around the same time so the comparisons are interesting.

Can't call this match. Both teams have the ability to turn it on for one match, so it could be a great game. Sanchez is my biggest worry from a United perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

monkey9 wrote: »
    What minute have we got Fellaini to smash his elbow into someone's face? I'll go for the 64th.

And who?
    Heart says Ramsey but I think it will be Wiltshere

And who?

who???

Seriously, he's been around long enough now for people to know his name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

jonny666 wrote: »
    who???

You know exactly who he was on about, stop whinging, he clearly meant Zach Wiltord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

And who?

Will be difficult with Wilshire being on the ground so much. Red card could be a good bet if both those two start.

Hard to predict the actual match though, both teams look as weak as the other with 1 player on each side being head and shoulders above the rest of their teammates. Think Arsenal's mental weakness in these type of games will cost them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

who???

Remember the time Wenger tried to sign Saurez and all the Arsenal fans got excited because they thought it was Suarez.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Remember the time Wenger tried to sign Saurez and all the Arsenal fans got excited because they thought it was Suarez.

I dont actually

Is Fellaini really seen as being *that* dirty? Has the odd dirtbag moment, like Zabaleta last year but most games I've watched he is fairly well behaved.

Is Fellaini really seen as being *that* dirty? Has the odd dirtbag moment, like Zabaleta last year but most games I've watched he is fairly well behaved.
    He's all elbows and fore-arms. Just about keeps it so it's somewhat defensible but it happens too often to be coincidence. Didn't he bust Joe Allen in the Belgium/Wales match and all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Turtyturd wrote: »

Epic fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

who???

http://www.espnfc.com/story/856326/man-citys-mario-balotelli-i-dont-know-who-jack-wilshere-is

He's all elbows and fore-arms. Just about keeps it so it's somewhat defensible but it happens too often to be coincidence. Didn't he bust Joe Allen in the Belgium/Wales match and all?

Yeah, but it was a case of 5ft 6 bloke running head first into 6ft 4 bloke's arm. He didn't smash him like he did Zabaleta last year.

Yeah, but it was a case of 5ft 6 bloke running head first into 6ft 4 bloke's arm. He didn't smash him like he did Zabaleta last year.

A lot of people happen to run into Fellaini head-first is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,860 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

As a United fan I think Arsenal will win by a couple of goals. We have a massive injury list and will be playing a couple of players who are borderline fit by all accounts, Arsenal are at home and all be it not mega consistent are playing decent football and will have more then enough in the tank I reckon. It might take a super rear guard action and perhaps some inspired stuff from Rooney and one or two others if we were together something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Bookies had it evens for both teams up to an hour ago. Any rumblings of what the teams might be lining out?

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    As a United fan I think Arsenal will win by a couple of goals. We have a massive injury list and will be playing a couple of players who are borderline fit by all accounts, Arsenal are at home and all be it not mega consistent are playing decent football and will have more then enough in the tank I reckon. It might take a super rear guard action and perhaps some inspired stuff from Rooney and one or two others if we were together something.
    Arsenal are missing a fair few of the first 11 along with players out of position. I'll be very surprised at an Arsenal win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,860 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Arsenal are missing a fair few of the first 11 along with players out of position. I'll be very surprised at an Arsenal win.

I'd love to think you might be right. Although the whole UTD defense will be missing including now Shaw as a major doubt. At least the Arsenal absentees are more across the park. Not making excuses for our lot but I just don't see under the circumstances how we might get a result but love to be wrong,

I'd love to think you might be right. Although the whole UTD defense will be missing including now Shaw as a major doubt. At least the Arsenal absentees are more across the park. Not making excuses for our lot but I just don't see under the circumstances how we might get a result but love to be wrong,
    Well Arsenal as far as I can remember will be missing LB, CB and RB, with an LB at CB. :P Injury news is awkward enough to come across, few players not listed on PhysioRoom who almost certainly won't be fit for a start tomorrow.

I know United were down last year and all but I can't remember an Arsenal/United match with so much negativity from both sides. It's pretty funny to be honest, neither set of fans want to shout and embarrass themselves and both would probably take a draw when it comes down to it. :P

A lot of people happen to run into Fellaini head-first is all.

Maybe so, but this incident was just that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It's arsenal they are playing. No reason they can't win. Arsenal are a soft soft side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Dull 0-0 draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm changing my mind on the 1 all.
    I'm now going 5 - 0 to the Arsenal.
    Think positive lads :D:D:D:D:D

Two poor teams but feel United have more in their locker. Stronger mentally as well, 1-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

De Gea, Valencia, McNair, Smalling, Blackett, Shaw, Carrick, Fellain, Rooney, Van Persie, Di Maria.
    Szczesny, Chambers, Mertesacker, Monreal, Gibbs, Ramsey, Arteta, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck, Sanchez

Raf32 wrote: »
    Two poor teams but feel United have more in their locker. Stronger mentally as well, 1-2.

I think it's more 2 decent sides in poor form.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement