Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Manchester United Match Thread. 22/11.2014. 5.30pm Sky.

12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Yeeeeehaaaarrrr!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Carrick has been brilliant today. MOTM for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

That's bs ref at least two minutes extra there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

Di Maria???? Obviously.

You don't have a clue man.

Huge fúcking result!! 3 mudafúckin points!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

keano25 wrote: »
    You don't have a clue man.

Not a single clue. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

MagicIRL wrote: »
    3 points, but about 30 years off my young life.

From your posts you'd think you were middle-aged not young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote: »
    considering the horrendous injuries that never end, I will settle for a 2-1 win today.

Easy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

An ugly ugly ugly win but I'll allow it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

?

Whoops

Meant block

• Advertisement

Don't know how the f*ck we got 3 points out of that to be honest :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's Arsenal. They just let you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

Arsenal fan tv gon be good tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Because Danny Welbeck cant finish

Should have been so much more comfortable alright, but I couldn't care less :)

tumblr_inline_n85tdsaTsU1s7bzzt.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Lot of respect for him actually. Would be a massive overreaction to sack him.

A massive overreaction if it was purely based on this one result, yeah obviously.

There has been discontent stirring for about 18 months now is relation to Arsene.

Fans are pissed off and what better way to voice your anger than making a lovely sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Wow, RVP touched the ball 12 times, two of which were in his own penalty box

There's a spot there for Wilson or Falcao surely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,648 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Id rather have Rooney up front with Mata behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,861 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Excellent result achieved by a very patchwork quilt like United side, delighted.

Carrick was excellent as was De Gea, Rooney and DiMaria bar that sloppy finish and credit to Felaini too, he takes a lot of stick but he was a good tidy physical presence for us today and hasn't done badly the last couple of games

No clue where the ref got 8 mins from in the end there though 6 absolute tops. Either way I'm delighted to be wrong as far as my early negative preminition in this thread goes. Think we can make top 3 once we get the injury crisis sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I suppose the Wilshere and Schesney injuries both took time, so maybe 8 mins was ok

Why was Young taken off ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

Not a single clue. Well done.

Minutes-Goals-Assists-Shots Per Game-Passing Success %-MOM
    825 3 6 3.3 79.6 1 (Di Maria)
    604 3 1 1.1 91.9 1 (Mata)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

keano_afc wrote: »
    Arsenal to score first but completely bottle it.

2-1 United, An RvP winner.

Got the scorers wrong but only the crazy would have predicted anything other than a United win. An appalling farce from an Arsenal perspective. Bring on Dortmund.

kryogen wrote: »
    Should have been so much more comfortable alright, but I couldn't care less :)

It should have been more after getting ahead alright but United should never have gotten ahead. Di Maria had a horrendous miss and Rooney was a good yard onside in an attack that likely would have ended up in a goal but those situations wouldn't have came about had Arsenal got in front and they really should have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭basillarkin

How can Mata not get in this UTD side. Can see him handing in a transfer request soon enough.

Rooney did well put in a great shift but in reality it was all arsenal with the ball but they couldn't do anything with it. Right decision to sell Welbeck and a nice few pound taken in as a result.

DiMaria is fast becoming a liability on the pitch anonymous for most parts today, got the assist for rooneys finish but had all the time and space in the world due to Arsenals relentless attacks. His miss will go down as one of the worst of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

How can Mata not get in this UTD side. Can see him handing in a transfer request soon enough.

Rooney did well put in a great shift but in reality it was all arsenal with the ball but they couldn't do anything with it. Right decision to sell Welbeck and a nice few pound taken in as a result.

DiMaria is fast becoming a liability on the pitch anonymous for most parts today, got the assist for rooneys finish but had all the time and space in the world due to Arsenals relentless attacks. His miss will go down as one of the worst of the season.

Bit of an overreaction imo, there's not many better in world football at what he does. Bad miss alright but hes quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Arsenal are a top side playing at home, of course they're going to have more possession. How could a utd fan not come away happy with three points?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Is it true that De Gea wasn't given the MOTM?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Kharrell wrote: »

I missed them saying it and switched before the interviews, but they were talking as if they were giving it to him anyhow.

While he did what he needed to he hardly needed to make a string of outstanding saves to keep Arsenal out in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Didn't hear but was defiantly the motm. Earning a move to real next season

He was MUTV man of the match anyway, got about 66% I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

So who got the sky MOTM? I had Rooney backed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

He got interviewed. Usually whoever gets interviewed is MOTM, correct me if I'm wrong.

Captain also often gets interviewed though

That's the reason I was asking. I had himself to win as my only bet, but as of now, the bet is still pending. De Gea undoubtedly deserved it, but I'm hoping English bias prevails with Sky :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

That's the reason I was asking. I had himself to win as my only bet, but as of now, the bet is still pending. De Gea undoubtedly deserved it, but I'm hoping English bias prevails with Sky :)

Think we are both out of luck.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/313497/report
    Man of the match: David de Gea made a string of important saves that proved to be the platform on which United built their victory.
    as Arsenal rained shots at David de Gea, and the Spaniard turned out to be the away side's man-of-the-match.

I've just been onto live help, and explained what happened post-game with Sky earlier. Either I'll be getting my stake back or Paddypower are paying out. It'll probably be the former, but I'll report back shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Trilla wrote: »
    We're in a bad place now, injury list is insane.

Arsenal at home, I'll say 2-1 or 3-1 to Arsenal... unless Rooney or Di Maria turns it on big style

I was wrong yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement