Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 12 match day thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    Nothing confirmed. Big Sam was slating Hodgson and said something along the lines of 'we need to be careful with him now or he could end up out for a couple of weeks which could be 4 games for us'.

I'm hoping he was getting a dig in and Downing will be back next week.

Ah crap. Shoulda read the updated news on the transfers thread before posting that!

Edit: Still can't find any update, just rumours.

Here are the Allardyce quotes....

"It is something we have to cope with as a squad, but it is disappointing that you come to face Everton and, through no fault of your own, you lose your players. That is the way it is today."We need to be very careful about our fixture list coming up and if we risk a player on Saturday, if it aggravates the injury even further, then we could lose him for two or three weeks, and if you do, you lose him for four or five games."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Arbitrary wrote: »
    The icing on the cake is the long list of injuries I now have and I need to ship out Clyne. The hit I took actually covered itself and made me 2 points with Dave's clean sheet, why oh why didn't he score.

Rose (Doubtful)
    Downing (Doubtful) Scratch that, injured.
    Chadli (Doubtful)
    Moses (Doubtful)
    Coloccini (Injured)

I'm up **** creek without a paddle and a -8 looks like it's on the cards for next week.

No need to panic yet, Forster to save a peno and score a goal, Clyne to score and Pelle to assist them both and get one himself. I got this. :pac: :pac:

I'm in the same situation and -8 or -12 don't frighten me anymore (I mean if my players are bound to get 0 pt whats' the big risk ?) . It may be time to play agressive tactics and attacking football :D.
    I have 2 FT so must give a good kick in the nuts at my team. I feel this could be a good week to do it since there are some key changes in the fixtures difficulty (e.g. Saints/ Swansea opposite fates).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation and -8 or -12 don't frighten me anymore (I mean if my players are bound to get 0 pt whats' the big risk ?) . It may be time to play agressive tactics and attacking football :D.
    I have 2 FT so must give a good kick in the nuts at my team. I feel this could be a good week to do it since there are some key changes in the fixtures difficulty (e.g. Saints/ Swansea opposite fates).

Come to the dark side sometimes attack is the best form of defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

On 45 with Clyne left, could with a 0-0 tomorrow. Don't want Southampton scoring unless it's Clyne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Can't believe I've risen 1000 places today with two points (and I'm inside the top 30k)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Can't believe I've risen 1000 places today with two points (and I'm inside the top 30k)

0 points today has seen me fall back the 2k I gained yesterday.

2 to play tomorrow - Forster and Pelle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    Am looking forward to seeing how many places of a bump kane's 8 points gets me

Answer just over 5k places to 12k. No players tomorrow, just 2 points off the bench so will likely lose the increase in ranking and then some.

Still really tightly bunched though in the top 100k it looks like

Lemlin wrote: »
    0 points today has seen me fall back the 2k I gained yesterday.

2 to play tomorrow - Forster and Pelle.

Similarly, zero today and pretty much back where I started after going up 220 odd yesterday.

2, 793 means still on a green arrow by 48 places so very happy with that given I am well covered tomorrow night. Should stay green for the week now hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Really want Villa to score tomorrow....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Dropped 493 places to 5.4k after 0 today. Guzan, Tadic and Bertrand to play tomorrow. Would happily take a 0-0.

• Advertisement

G1032 wrote: »

Anti Thank.......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

G1032 wrote: »

Me too hutton to score the rebound off a peno save

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Similar to a lot of others here: 38 (-4) with Forster and Pelle to play. Rival is catching up. Can't let this happen, will never hear the end of it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Nib wrote: »
    Dropped 493 places to 5.4k after 0 today. Guzan, Tadic and Bertrand to play tomorrow. Would happily take a 0-0.

Wouldnt be upset with a 0-0 myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dropped 331 places to 5.4k and have Pelle, Clyne and Hutton left with Chambers' 1 point to come off the bench. On 30 points so breaking 40 is the minimum aim for tomorrow.

Guy in my work mini league has a GW rank of 222 with his 77 points. Impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

27 points so far
    Pelle, Wanyama, Bertrand to play

2 points to com in off the bench.

Awful game week with Captain Aguero misfiring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

27 points so far
    Pelle, Wanyama, Bertrand to play

2 points to com in off the bench.

Awful game week with Captain Aguero misfiring

It's not really awful as not many will have gained much ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

jebforever wrote: »
    It's not really awful as not many will have gained much ground.

If you captained Aguero over Costa (and own both) you only missed out on 4pts, the equivalent of a transfer hit. I wouldn't worry too much about that. It's the weeks where a big player scores double figures that you lose ground. Only Hazard is in this category this week and most without him would have Fab instead for 2pts less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Pelle Hutton and clyne to play. Would settle for 0-0 or Southampton to win to nil with pelle getting the goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Disappointing week. 27 points. But there's bound to be the odd back week throughout the season, and seems like if it was going to be any week, this wasn't a back week to have it!

Dropped 6k, but have 3 points to come off the bench, and Forster and Pelle to go tomorrow, so may claw a little bit of that back yet.

Hoping a lot of the casuals wont have too many villa/Southampton players. We'll all make serious gains tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Rikand wrote: »
    Hoping a lot of the casuals wont have too many villa/Southampton players. We'll all make serious gains tomorrow :)

Not if it's 1-1 with Gabby and Cork getting the goals ;)
    With Villas half decent start and Southamptons great run I'd say casuals will be just as involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

PARlance wrote: »
    Not if it's 1-1 with Gabby and Cork getting the goals ;)
    With Villas half decent start and Southamptons great run I'd say casuals will be just as involved.

Tadic will finally get a penalty and Guzan will end up saving the frigging thing :(

I need 18 points from Clyne, Tadic and Pelle to win my FSA match in what is my 3rd vs his 2nd place

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

This kind of goal is long overdue.

youtube.com/watch?v=i4SbJpQPA40

Anyone have any stats on Forster's average kick out distance?

Wind speed and direction for tomorrow would also be useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Tadic will finally get a penalty and Guzan will end up saving the frigging thing :(

I need 18 points from Clyne, Tadic and Pelle to win my FSA match in what is my 3rd vs his 2nd place

That scenario would win my H2H for me but I really don't want it. Trailing a guy with a 2.9 GW ranking :(
    Guzan is my differential, we both have Tadic & Pelle. I'd happily that the loss if it meant my GW was redeemed in some way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Looking forward to tonight. It's the first time I have had Monday night players in ages, perhaps even this season iirc.

I'm not too bothered about how Forster does. Most people have a Saints defender and a lot, including my key rival, have doubled up.

A couple of goals from Pelle would be nice as a parting gift though. Although I'm not sure I'd still take him out if he scores well tonight because the City defence has looked anything but solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

I got rid of Clyne for Baines in GW9. I really need Southampton to concede but I'm doubtful they will.
    A couple of goals from Pelle would indeed be nice and sure if Wanyama wants to chip in with an assist or two that'd do the finest.

Is it odd to be hoping for a yellow card for one of your own players (Pelle)? I want to ship him out and a suspension would give me less buyers remorse.

Interesting stuff as always in this weeks FFS Big Numbers article. Has made me rethink my plans a bit for the next couple of gameweeks

• Advertisement

link to the article ?

link to the article ?

It's the second article up on FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

link to the article ?

Its members only so guessing you would know where to find it if you were a member! here it is anyway

KevIRL wrote: »
    Interesting stuff as always in this weeks FFS Big Numbers article. Has made me rethink my plans a bit for the next couple of gameweeks

I think its the best article of the week.

Anyone think its worth bringing in Vlaar in UFPL for a 1 point defender? Lambert said he is unlikely to feature but he might make a miraculous recovery during the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

jimmii wrote: »

Care to give me an overview of it :)

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Care to give me an overview of it :)

I'm afraid not

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Clyne and Pelle to play tonight. I hope Pelle gets back his form - no shots on goals in his last 3 games if I remember correctly.

He's still a big differential this week and there is not point in not having Costa if I cannot make it count on nights like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm bang on average for the week, but have only dropped 2k places. Hopefully Clyne/Pelle will do thge business tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Going through the Hall of Shame of the Top 10k, and this poor guy seems to have had his account hacked... or gone crazy!

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/138288/event-history/12/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

AdMMM wrote: »
    Going through the Hall of Shame of the Top 10k, and this poor guy seems to have had his account hacked... http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/138288/event-history/12/

That came up here the other day already. I'd be raging beyond belief if somebody did that to me. On the other had the guy ha achieved some level of fame for himself, I wonder is he like one of those guys who packs his team with DGW players when there are only a couple of games on the first day in order to be number 1 in the world.:P

Like many I've got Pelle and Clyne tonight. I need for them to outscore Davis and Vlaar (both doubts) by 4 points to win my FSA premier league match with Jeju. To be honest that's my main focus tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

What a horrible thing to do to someone

New to all this boards stuff, just getting the hang of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

CSF wrote: »
    What a horrible thing to do to someone

He must have cheated on the wife, then left his team open on the computer after she found out!

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'm bang on average for the week, but have only dropped 2k places. Hopefully Clyne/Pelle will do thge business tonight!

I have a below average score this week and have only dropped 500 places from 1.5k to 2k overall.

I am expecting a whole lot worse though with the Southampton players and some auto subs to kick-in

GW12 just end please

He must have cheated on the wife, then left his team open on the computer after she found out!

That'd still be way too harsh a revenge surely!! She could take the house, kids, half his money but DON'T MESS WITH HIS FPL TEAM!! :D

The Big Numbers and the Captain Sensible weekly articles are worth the subscription on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Lemlin wrote: »
    Looking forward to tonight. It's the first time I have had Monday night players in ages, perhaps even this season iirc.

I'm not too bothered about how Forster does. Most people have a Saints defender and a lot, including my key rival, have doubled up.

A couple of goals from Pelle would be nice as a parting gift though. Although I'm not sure I'd still take him out if he scores well tonight because the City defence has looked anything but solid.

Yeah, I've got the Pelle, Tadic, Bertrand trio and I might hang on Pelle for a bit yet. Fair enough, Man City will be a relatively tough game, but then playing against Arsenal and Utd's defences won't be that bad. Tadic is likely to be first for the chop of the three.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    New to all this boards stuff, just getting the hang of it

Worth having a read of the stickys on each forum to make sure you aren't doing anything bold!

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    The Big Numbers and the Captain Sensible weekly articles are worth the subscription on their own.

Absolutely. Its handy having access to all that info but some times its hard to figure what you actually want to look for which is basically all covered in the two articles! For less than 50c a week its hard to go wrong.

Advertisement