Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 12 match day thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Clyne Forster pelle to come
    No complaints with that score
    Another cleanie please would be nice, must be a good possibility against villa above any team right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

jimmii wrote: »
    Its members only so guessing you would know where to find it if you were a member! here it is anyway

Ah, signed up for the free account, but I have to pay money to see that one. Guess I'll go back to my life as a "casual" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Rikand wrote: »
    Ah, signed up for the free account, but I have to pay money to see that one. Guess I'll go back to my life as a "casual" :)

There's plenty on there for free alright. I've been a member for years if its something you're into then you do get a lot of information becoming a member. Its especially great for being able to prove your mates wrong about things by using cold hard stats right in their face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I love Frisking the fixtures and the watchlist but I'm happy to live without the rest. Tis hard enough following the goings on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I hate the comment system they have. Find it impossible to have/follow a conversation on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Yeh when its busy on FFS I don't even bother going on there its just ridiculous. Having said that it is by far the quickest place for goal updates and its always easy to spot the fakes as when there is a goal there will be 10 people posting within a second!

There has been lots of discussion on there about changing it to a format like here but they want to keep it as an article style site with discussion underneath instead of turning it into a forum like here or fiso.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh when its busy on FFS I don't even bother going on there its just ridiculous. Having said that it is by far the quickest place for goal updates and its always easy to spot the fakes as when there is a goal there will be 10 people posting within a second!

There has been lots of discussion on there about changing it to a format like here but they want to keep it as an article style site with discussion underneath instead of turning it into a forum like here or fiso.

Ahem.

Finnharspboy.

No further comments, your honour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

That 5/1 about Villa at home looks very big

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

wouldnt touch it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Been looking forward to this game all day. I'll be hoping for a 0-0 Brad Guzan wonder show. Strange having Tadic and hoping he does nothing.

• Advertisement

Nib wrote: »
    Been looking forward to this game all day. I'll be hoping for a 0-0.

The fpl paradox in full swing. Where else would you see anyone wish for a game they've anticipated all morning to end scoreless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Yeah, I've got the Pelle, Tadic, Bertrand trio and I might hang on Pelle for a bit yet. Fair enough, Man City will be a relatively tough game, but then playing against Arsenal and Utd's defences won't be that bad. Tadic is likely to be first for the chop of the three.

The City defence looked poor enough against Swansea. Kompany actually made a few errors which is unusual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Soton: Forster, Clyne, Fonte ( c), Alderweireld, Bertrand, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Tadić, Long, Mané, Pellè

AVL: Guzan, Hutton, Okore, Clark, Cissokho, Sanchez, Westwood, Cleverley, Weimann, N’Zogbia, Agbonlahor

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Tadic long and Mane all start that's a rarity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

That's a poor poor back 4 for villa and a poor team in general........tadic haul incoming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

That's a very poor Villa back 4, hopefully Pelle will have a field day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Clyne & Pellè start. Was half expecting them to respectively pick up a warm-up injury and/or get sick in the afternoon :rolleyes: :D...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Just one more peppa pig to sit through and I'm all set for MNF. I'm actually looking forward to this game. The way this GW has gone I'd be happy with 3pts from my 3 players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

My 3 lads all start so happy days. Would take 10 points now. Anything else is a bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Clyne for an assist and a cs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

I pray for two cleanies!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Pelle and Tadic for me with Clyne...desperate for a decent haul

You just know Long will hoover all the attacking points though......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Clyne assist to Pelle and a Tadic penalty off target are on my wishlist today :p

Clyne assist to Pelle and a Tadic penalty off target are on my wishlist today :p

Targett is only on the bench :pac:

A Tadic penalty would be great, the Saints are due one surely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

He must have cheated on the wife, then left his team open on the computer after she found out!

Funny thing is he'll probably still beat most of us :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

PARlance wrote: »
    Just one more peppa pig to sit through and I'm all set for MNF. I'm actually looking forward to this game. The way this GW has gone I'd be happy with 3pts from my 3 players

I've to get the youngest to bed first, then might nip down to the local just before HT.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

This should be a handy 3-0 for Southampton! Pelle with 2, Mane with the other. Assists for Clyne, tadic and long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

i dont think i have ever been so excited for a football game that didnt include ireland, united, chelsea, city madrid, or barca!

really does show the work koeman has put in ath the saints! and even though i dont have pelle i hope he gets 3 for all of yas!!!

(no one in my money league has em hahah)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

0-0 would do fine from an ultimate point of view, from an FPL point of view a 1-1 draw with goals from low owner players would be ideal

• Advertisement

Another 8-0 I reckon and that's only the first half. A double hattrick from Pelle while Clyne gets the other 2 all assisted by Tadic.

Then in the 2nd half Guzan and Hutton get into a fight over a hat to keep them warm in the 56th minute after all 3 subs are used and get sent off. Bertrand decides that he should swap sides to even things up and goes in goal and concedes another 3 from Tadic before Clyne gets rested and Cleverley scores a 90th minute consolation!

Not asking for too much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

This should be a handy 3-0 for Southampton! Pelle with 2, Mane with the other. Assists for Clyne, tadic and long!

JR6 wrote: »
    JR6 wrote: »

You can say that again!

What did Mane just do? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

1-0 villa Forster O.G. please

ShaneU wrote: »

Jesus my heart, I read that like it had actually happened :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I wouldn't mind if the Saints let one in. Enough people have at least one of their defenders for it to be negligible. What I really want is a Wanyama wonder-show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

You gave me a heart attack there. For a second I didn't see the "please" and thought it was a match update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Jaysus you gave me a fright before I saw the "please"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

How about no predictions once kick off has happened, I don't think my heart could take it.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

A boring 0-0 up to 60 minutes, with Guzan saving a pen, then getting subbed, and then Clyne and Schneiderlin scoring for fun please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Bertrand is a nutjob. He's the next Baines and now I don't wanna get rid of him :(

There's goals in this game anyway for sure unless Villa cast some spell over their goal!

There's goals in this game anyway for sure unless Villa cast some spell over their goal!

For sure, Gabby will get a brace!
    At 5.2 and falling he would be a nice cheap 3rd striker option if Tekkers ever got back firing

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Terrible goalkeeping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Taxi for Forster.

PARlance wrote: »
    For sure, Gabby will get a brace!
    At 5.2 and falling he would be a nice cheap 3rd striker option if Tekkers ever got back firing

BOOM!!!!!

Gabby scores

Fcuking hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

You absolute melon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sums up the GW.

farcical goal to destroy everyone's Soton CS.

Howler

• Advertisement
Advertisement