Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game-week 13 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

Does anyone think Di Maria is worth getting in instead of a couple of Southampton players im thinking of off loading? United have a nice few games coming up does he regulary start for United?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I did Studge to Ings last Friday in my draft game and felt like a genius at 3:15pm :D

I kicked a chair at 315 last week as despite saying I was going for ings I went with Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Does anyone think Di Maria is worth getting in instead of a couple of Southampton players im thinking of off loading? United have a nice few games coming up does he regulary start for United?

He's their best player, so yes. Does come off around the 70' mark on occasion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Considering Forster and Pelle out, Guzan and Rooney in. Would be for -4, and would have to move on it tonight, as Pelle and Rooney price changes would mean I wouldn't be able to afford it after tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Pelle to Bony and Forster to Green done.

May even consider Bony for the armband.

0.5 in the bank, if Nat Clyne could just manage to lure in a few more fixture ignoring casuals with his goal, and rise 0.2 over the next week, I can do Clyne to Azpil.

Not gonna happen though, he may rise once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Going to swap him out for Sanchez, Losing faith in Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

thomasm wrote: »
    Going to swap him out for Sanchez, Losing faith in Arsenal

Are you saying to you are getting rid of Sanchez for ADM? last part of sentence is a bit odd, but your replying to a post about getting in ADM.:confused:

Why would you do this?
    He's the most in form player in the league over the last month,

last 5 GW scores:

No matter how bad Arsenal are defensively, with Giroud coming back can only be positive, and think Sanchez is a keeper.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    and think Sanchez is a keeper.

Nah, he's a midfielder!

Boom! Ok......I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Considering Forster and Pelle out, Guzan and Rooney in. Would be for -4, and would have to move on it tonight, as Pelle and Rooney price changes would mean I wouldn't be able to afford it after tonight.

i have Rooney and am giving him the armband this week. He has excellent previous against Hull. Guzan i have also (though i've had since the beginning!) and am happy to hold on to til January at least - would be hoping for a few cs between now and then anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I kicked a chair at 315 last week as despite saying I was going for ings I went with Austin.

so now you have ings and austin ?

Just wondering as I'm about to do the same thing

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    i have Rooney and am giving him the armband this week. He has excellent previous against Hull. Guzan i have also (though i've had since the beginning!) and am happy to hold on to til January at least - would be hoping for a few cs between now and then anyway

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Rooney, but I've figured out by now that he's a bit streaky, so hopefully I time this move well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭crazy8

Chelsea and Swansea players in, Southampton players out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Are you saying to you are getting rid of Sanchez for ADM? last part of sentence is a bit odd, but your replying to a post about getting in ADM.:confused:

Why would you do this?
    He's the most in form player in the league over the last month,

last 5 GW scores:

No matter how bad Arsenal are defensively, with Giroud coming back can only be positive, and think Sanchez is a keeper.

Sanchez was also very unlucky not to have a goal or two at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Probably going Bertrand --> Naylor. Jumping ship now, it was a good few weeks on Bertrand with a 0.6 price rise to boot.

Currently waiting on injury news for chadli/downing/baines/sakho first though, assuming 3 of those are fit then I'll bring in Naylor. Sakho should be back, as should baines.

jive wrote: »
    Probably going Bertrand --> Naylor. Jumping ship now, it was a good few weeks on Bertrand with a 0.6 price rise to boot.

Currently waiting on injury news for chadli/downing/baines/sakho first though, assuming 3 of those are fit then I'll bring in Naylor. Sakho should be back, as should baines.

Note of caution. N Taylor is on 4 yellow cards I believe.

Rikand wrote: »
    so now you have ings and austin ?

Just wondering as I'm about to do the same thing

Ye my front 3 is Austin ings Aguero with 5 million in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Have enough cash to bring in Costa for Pelle, but tempted to get Bony instead. Hmmm decisions! Scared of not having Costa, but Bony seems like the wiser move, with the 4 yellow cards, constant injury doubts over Diego and two nice home games for the swans.

Went for Bony last night over Costa before Pelle's drop.

With Costa going up last night, I hope I don't end up regretting this move!

Might have to captain Bony now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Pelle for Bony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Done a mad -8 to bring in Costa, Rooney and Yun

Replacing Clyne, Aguero and Pellé

Immediately regret it :(

My thinking was Southampton have a horrible set of fixtures, Costa I cannot do with out, Ageuro is on fire one week and freezing the next and United\Rooney hitting a bit of form with some nice fixtures to follow

Selling Aguero might bite me in the bum bum

329649.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Trilla wrote: »

My thinking was Southampton have a horrible set of fixtures, Costa I cannot do with out, Ageuro is on fire one week and freezing the next and United\Rooney hitting a bit of form with some nice fixtures to follow

329649.png

I think selling Welbeck instead of Aguero would have been the smarter choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Did you replace Aguero before or after he tore Munich apart last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

329649.png

Three Chelsea and no City is not ideal. You probably should have sold either Cesc/Haz and Welbeck and got Costa and kept Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Boyd in, Moses out as he's confirmed injured and will miss up to 8 weeks. Sitting on -8 and I have to sweat Chadli, Downing and Rose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

bit late now, but havin 3 Chelsea guys it a bit much imo, we saw at the weekend that chelsea when they went 2-0 didnt' seem to bothered to get 4/5/6 goals against a 10 man team.

excluding the everton game, the average for chelsea is about 2 goals a game. is it worth having all 3, - imo no, if it means that you can't have Aguero, there are a few players that shouldnt' really be sold, i would probably put the them in the order below in terms off keep at all costs.

Aguero,
    Costa,
    Sanchez
    either Hazard/Fab
    ADM
    Baines

Most teams will probably have 5/6 of them. I have Baines down near bottom because everton do leak goals and is expensive and i get the arguemnts against. ADM would be higher up if United were firing in all cylinders, and maybe you could exclude him if Rooney played further forward.

jebforever wrote: »
    I think selling Welbeck instead of Aguero would have been the smarter choice.

and get the funds to bring in Costa and Rooney how? Call Abramovich? I'm not selling Fab or Hazard
    AdMMM wrote: »
    Did you replace Aguero before or after he tore Munich apart last night?

Before :o

• Advertisement

and get the funds to bring in Costa and Rooney how? Call Abramovich? I'm not selling Fab or Hazard

I think many (myself included) would suggest that Aguero is more 'essential' than any of those 4.....

But that's the beauty of the game, each to their own and good luck with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

FHFC wrote: »
    I think many (myself included) would suggest that Aguero is more 'essential' than any of those 4.....

Coming up to Christmas I think Rooney will become more essential.

Aguero will miss a couple of games (rested) and Rooney will play every minute.

My head (without any stats) is telling me that Rooney (when he plays) always scores well at Christmas time. is this a myth or just in my head?

FHFC wrote: »

Anger due to the few times he's given me 2 or 4 points as captain and City firing.... but you're right thats the beauty of the game! I'd rather have Fab and Costa and an in form Rooney :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Anger due to the few times he's given me 2 or 4 points as captain and City firing.... but you're right thats the beauty of the game! I'd rather have Fab and Costa and an in form Rooney :)

You've your mind made up but it seems to me that you are making a huge mistake. Fabregas is fine, he wouldn't be a player that I am interested in at that price, but you are preferring Rooney to Aguero. I think that's gonna hurt you. How are you getting on so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Chesty08 wrote: »

My head (without any stats) is telling me that Rooney (when he plays) always scores well at Christmas time. is this a myth or just in my head?

I agree having Rooney over Christmas could be a good call, tho i'd be more inclined to ditch Costa over Ageuro, Aguero seems to have put his injury troubles behind him, whereas there's still a shadow over Costa in that regard. Also GW17-20 is just delicious for City, even if Aguero were to miss one of those 4 matches, he could still bring in massive points

• Advertisement

You've your mind made up but it seems to me that you are making a huge mistake. Fabregas is fine, he wouldn't be a player that I am interested in at that price, but you are preferring Rooney to Aguero. I think that's gonna hurt you. How are you getting on so far?

Yeah, I could see bringing in Rooney for Costa especially if he gets the Yellow.

But for me Aguero is crucial, he could score 15 points in pretty much any game against any opposition. Even against Swansea his shooting stats etc. were still very very good. I've had 2 x 2 pointers from him as C now, but I also had a 38 pointer so can't really fault the lad!! :)

I can see more 2 pointers from Rooney. I'm more keeping an eye out for Falcao finally getting a run in the team as he has potential to be an explosive scorer too.

Im on 686 points, top of my work league by 20. I'm preferring Rooney fab costa and hazard to Aguero pelle and two cheaper Midfielders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Are people forgetting how deep Rooney is with falcao and rvp on the pitch? Di maria gets further forward, is cheaper and doesn't hog a forward spot where there are many cheap players doing well.

I had rooney from the start but he plays too deep. He's likely to get more assists than goals and less bonuses than if he was more advanced. Aguero is a far better captain choice given he's guaranteed pens and frequently is getting braces whereas Rooney isn't

No united attackers for me...yet

Im on 686 points, top of my work league by 20. I'm preferring Rooney fab costa and hazard to Aguero pelle and two cheaper Midfielders

Wouldn't Rooney and Costa be a lot more expensive than Pelle and Aguero?

I cannot stress enough what a mistake you are making by going with Rooney over Aguero at the moment, that 20 point lead could be wiped out in 10 minutes.

Rooney has regularly missed games over Xmas and hasn't done much scoring wise in the last few years when he has played. Not that it's too relevant to what will happen this year I do think he would be one of the safer options to go with if your looking at game time due to him being captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

Tadic for siggy or eriksen lads????????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Based on upcoming fixtures and overall personal and team form: Siggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Aguero will be rested a max of one game at Xmas IMO. City need him on the pitch and he's the most essential player in the game for me.

People talk about injury problems but last season was the first in eight or nine years that he didn't play 30 games.

He's also the one player IMO capable of some near 20 point scores this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

Thanks, prob right plus hes cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Siggy...nice fixtures and plays every minute.
    Eriksen..Patchy form and gets hauled off at half time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Siggy not even close imo!!

jimmii wrote: »
    Siggy not even close imo!!

Very similar points per minute at the moment. 'd say if Eriksen can play regular 90 minutes he'll be well ahead of Siggy at seasons end.

Very similar points per minute at the moment. 'd say if Eriksen can play regular 90 minutes he'll be well ahead of Siggy at seasons end.

Eriksens returns the last couple of games mean he's much more likely to play full games. I fancy him for a run and would like him in my team if I had space. Which I don't

Siggy has better fixtures for now and I May bring him in myself this week but I think Eriksen plays for a better team and will out score him over the season. Will it justify the extra million? I don't know.
    However people who have said it isn't éven close should look at the stats and think back to last year.

Siggy has better fixtures for now and I May bring him in myself this week but I think Eriksen plays for a better team and will out score him over the season. Will it justify the extra million? I don't know.
    However people who have said it isn't éven close should look at the stats and think back to last year.

If were the same price or if eriksen was able to shoot straight then he might be better value than siggy but his shot accuracy is just shocking. Siggys goal involvement is almost double eriksens for the season and with their good fixtures he will surely be getting involved in the goals if Swansea are scoring them. Maybe I'm just looking at the stats biastly but just isn't close to me!

He would need to drastically improve his shooting accuracy too which is incredibly bad right now. If he can get regular 90 minutes and starts to be more accurate then he will be great value but based on what we actually have to go on siggy has to be the one right now.

When you say Eriksen can't shoot straight are you basing that purely on some stats, I wouldn't agree with that at all, admittedly I haven't seen a lot of 90 minutes of Spurs matches this year so far but Eriksen and can't shoot straight don't seem to fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

JR6 wrote: »
    Siggy...nice fixtures and plays every minute.
    Eriksen..Patchy form and gets hauled off at half time!

13 points iirc! That's 13! Do you not remember?!

When you say Eriksen can't shoot straight are you basing that purely on some stats, I wouldn't agree with that at all, admittedly I haven't seen a lot of 90 minutes of Spurs matches this year so far but Eriksen and can't shoot straight don't seem to fit.

I haven't watched all their matches but the numbers are shocking 7.7% shooting accuracy over the last four compared to 28% for siggy. I can't believe eriksen will continue to be hitting the target so rarely but it is something to keep an eye on. Siggy had 50% more touches in the box over that period so I would assume is shooting from closer in general maybe Eriksen just likes an optimistic pop at goal the odd time! I think Eriksen will no doubt improve his shooting but I can't see him reaching the potential to become better value than siggy rorbthe next 10 gws or however long it is to the Jan WC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

jimmii wrote: »
    I haven't watched all their matches but the numbers are shocking 7.7% shooting accuracy over the last four compared to 28% for siggy. I can't believe eriksen will continue to be hitting the target so rarely but it is something to keep an eye on. Siggy had 50% more touches in the box over that period so I would assume is shooting from closer in general maybe Eriksen just likes an optimistic pop at goal the odd time! I think Eriksen will no doubt improve his shooting but I can't see him reaching the potential to become better value than siggy rorbthe next 10 gws or however long it is to the Jan WC.

Siggy shoots straight at the keeper though. I'd rather have a player trying to hit corners and a lower % than one who always puts it down the middle. That being said, I would go for Siggy over Eriksen due to the 1m difference and I don't think Spurs players can be trusted.

Advertisement