Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game-week 13 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

FHFC wrote: »
    He seems very likely to. Guardian preview states that he will.

On another note. My back three is currently on Duff (Villa h), Chambers (WBA a) and Hutton (Burnley a). Would yis start Dummet (WHU a) ahead of any of those three??

I would go Duff, Dummett and Hutton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

When will we know about Baines, Downing, Chadli etc...?

Krul and Duff too.

Team is a mess :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Have Baines, Chadli and Duff. All injury concerns yet I want to transfer out Pelle for Bony. Am I mad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Have Baines, Chadli and Duff. All injury concerns yet I want to transfer out Pelle for Bony. Am I mad?

Bit risky alright. Might see some rotation with matches coming again so soon. Having said that I would imagine most are going into this weekend with a couple of doubts at least. I used my two FTs to take out Pelle & Tadic now have 4 flags dammit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Villa last cleanie (vs West Ham) was away from home.

If that doesn't convince you, I give up!!

Edit: 3 of Villas 4 cleanies have been away. Check out Iroced's extensive posts in the GK thread for how Guzan ranks for away points.

Cheers for the advertisement :D.

@Lemlin: Yeah chosing between Guzan and Green sounds like a nightmare. They both have a nice run of fixtures up to the Jan WC, particularly during the hectic Christmas period with 3 home games out of 4.

One criteria to help you deciding between the 2 is if you have or plan to have a def from one of these 2 teams. In this regard Guzan - Yun has an unbeatable price attrait while Green - Hutton probably offers more playtime guarantee for £0.3m more (only).

If you don't envisage one of these def, as OneColdHand mentioned, Guzan away form has been a hell of a lot better than his home form while Green is the exact opposite (though he's been better lately getting thrice 3 pts in his last 4 away).

Green could be great to couple with CP since they rotate pretty well and have both a good home form. It requires £9.5m though so may not be what you're looking at.

Speaking of pairing Guzan/Foster works perfectly though WB fixtures are ot great and these 2 GK score a lot more away than at home...

If you consider a GK you'll play week in week out I think Green is a a little better a prospect than Guzan. Up to the Jan WC he'll face 5 home games out of 8 vs 4 for Guzan. Granted Guzan gets more pts away but it sounds crazy to plan for your keeper's away pts. And in the meantime Green may well get more home pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm considering ignoring my defence as both Duff and Coloccini could both easily play or not play. Happy to play Clyne and Yun and then there's Moore who's beginning to ferment now.

However still looking at a -4 with Pelle and Tadic heading off for a Saintly rest. Thinking Bony in for Pelle which along with ejecting Tadic leaves me 7.4 to spend on a replacement. I've got 2 names in mind, but not exclusively down to them:

Fellaini and Mirallas :D

Maybe I should just have some chocolate or a beer instead as I seem to be craving something Belgian :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

@Mr P: Ander Herrera

manual_man wrote: »
    @Mr P: Ander Herrera

I wouldn't trust him to start, and for that it's also another reason not to get Fellaini incase he did.

Same goes for Mirallas. He probably won't even play Sunday after the Europa. Have I mentioned I don't like Martinez's rotation :(

Lukaku looks livelier when Mirallas is on the pitch so maybe that's the way to go. Or Eto'o :pac:

• Advertisement

I wouldn't trust him to start, and for that it's also another reason not to get Fellaini incase he did.

Same goes for Mirallas. He probably won't even play Sunday after the Europa. Have I mentioned I don't like Martinez's rotation :(

Lukaku looks livelier when Mirallas is on the pitch so maybe that's the way to go. Or Eto'o :pac:

Nobbie Nolan not deserve a 2nd chance? Personally think Herrera when fit will be automatic 1st choice

One last thought to addle my brain further before I have to come back and make a decision later.

Pelle and Tadic -> ADM and Eto'o.

I'd break even after those :)

Lads, is Krul definitely gone for the month? I've no access to find out what Pardew said in his press conference.

It means I can bring in Bony for Pellé at a hit of -4 by bringing in Elliot. It'd only be a net hit of -2 if he was to just concede 1 as I wouldn't have a goalkeeper playing if I haven't that charge. And then when he is back fit I'll have the funds in place to move back from Elliot to Krul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

NN215 wrote: »
    anybody know how long chadli is gonna be out for ?

He just tweeted that he's 100% and back in action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I think green has a better chance of a CS tomorrow don't think leicester have scored in weeks I'd prefer Guzan after that. Mentioned it before but would you consider courtois it solves two problems for you. You replace your goalie and you get the Chelsea defensive coverage you want. Moore can then be switched for Yun or Hutton and you can play them in the games your happy with instead of having to go with villa or qpr defensive coverage every week.

Hate to be awkward but if I'm paying for a Chelsea player in defence I want one that might score. I also think Cech may get a game over Xmas.

iroced wrote: »
    Cheers for the advertisement :D.

@Lemlin: Yeah chosing between Guzan and Green sounds like a nightmare. They both have a nice run of fixtures up to the Jan WC, particularly during the hectic Christmas period with 3 home games out of 4.

One criteria to help you deciding between the 2 is if you have or plan to have a def from one of these 2 teams. In this regard Guzan - Yun has an unbeatable price attrait while Green - Hutton probably offers more playtime guarantee for £0.3m more (only).

If you don't envisage one of these def, as OneColdHand mentioned, Guzan away form has been a hell of a lot better than his home form while Green is the exact opposite (though he's been better lately getting thrice 3 pts in his last 4 away).

Green could be great to couple with CP since they rotate pretty well and have both a good home form. It requires £9.5m though so may not be what you're looking at.

Speaking of pairing Guzan/Foster works perfectly though WB fixtures are ot great and these 2 GK score a lot more away than at home...

If you consider a GK you'll play week in week out I think Green is a a little better a prospect than Guzan. Up to the Jan WC he'll face 5 home games out of 8 vs 4 for Guzan. Granted Guzan gets more pts away but it sounds crazy to plan for your keeper's away pts. And in the meantime Green may well get more home pts.

The lads nearly had me convinced and then you rocked back. My head says Green personally. Not sure why but in the back of my mind I don't trust Lambert or Villa.

As a matter of interest, which keeper rotates best with Elliott at Newcastle? If Krul is missing for a month as being reported, I could get a nice rotation going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

SantryRed wrote: »
    Lads, is Krul definitely gone for the month? I've no access to find out what Pardew said in his press conference.

It means I can bring in Bony for Pellé at a hit of -4 by bringing in Elliot. It'd only be a net hit of -2 if he was to just concede 1 as I wouldn't have a goalkeeper playing if I haven't that charge. And then when he is back fit I'll have the funds in place to move back from Elliot to Krul.

There doesn't seem to be anything from Pardew but it seems other outlets are pretty dam sure he is gone. I am going to start him anyway just in case it is someone jumping the gun a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hate to be awkward but if I'm paying for a Chelsea player in defence I want one that might score. I also think Cech may get a game over Xmas.
    I wouldnt be overly happy with either green or guzan but I think you have made your mind up that you want a cheap GK. If thats the case you are best going with your Gut and getting Green. I also want to get rid of forster probably wont do it this week Im looking at ddg or adrian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Best Laid plans have gone out the window. Plan was to downgrade Downing to Brady (or Baines if definitely out to anyone below 6m) and upgrade Pelle to Costa.

Now it's looking like I may have no keeper (Krul + Mannone), Downing looks like he is back and with no definite news on Baines I don't want to sell him and then want him back the next week.
    So I think I will bring Elliot in for Mannone, that gives me just enough to swap Pelle for Rooney. It might just work out for the best anyway given Costa is on 4 Yellows, but it does mean Fab is my only Chelsea cover....

jimmii wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be anything from Pardew but it seems other outlets are pretty dam sure he is gone. I am going to start him anyway just in case it is someone jumping the gun a bit.

Think it'll be a wait until the morning job before making any transfers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I have Caulker so Green is a no no for me. I'm currently favouring Heaton over Guzan.
    Can anybody throw light on why FFS are predicting Milner to start in place of Navas this week? Is it to provide stronger defensive cover away to a strong team? I was gonna dump Milner this week but this has thrown a spanner in the works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'm considering ignoring my defence as both Duff and Coloccini could both easily play or not play. Happy to play Clyne and Yun and then there's Moore who's beginning to ferment now.

However still looking at a -4 with Pelle and Tadic heading off for a Saintly rest. Thinking Bony in for Pelle which along with ejecting Tadic leaves me 7.4 to spend on a replacement. I've got 2 names in mind, but not exclusively down to them:

Fellaini and Mirallas :D

Maybe I should just have some chocolate or a beer instead as I seem to be craving something Belgian :pac:

Don't want to mess with you but Chadli is fit :P.
    The lads nearly had me convinced and then you rocked back. My head says Green personally. Not sure why but in the back of my mind I don't trust Lambert or Villa.

As a matter of interest, which keeper rotates best with Elliott at Newcastle? If Krul is missing for a month as being reported, I could get a nice rotation going.
    Sunderland rotates perfectly with Newcastle. So if you want to go very cheap and Krul is indeed injured for 1 month Elliott-Pantilimon could work great. Is Mannone definitely out of favour though?

By the way, what's your mid-term plan with your defence? Moore to a Chelsea def and the others? Keep as it is. I mean if you plan on getting a QPR or AV def to take advantage of their nice run during Christmas, it may help you choose your GK ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the Chadli news is the most welcome I've had all week.

I wouldnt be overly happy with either green or guzan but I think you have made your mind up that you want a cheap GK. If thats the case you are best going with your Gut and getting Green. I also want to get rid of forster probably wont do it this week Im looking at ddg or adrian.

A cheap 'keeper is the only way I can afford my future plans of Moore to Terry and Fab to Hazard.

Edit: I've gone with Green. He's my gut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Any ideas how to improve this team? 2 ft and 0.2m in bank. Not afraid to take a hit if needs be, havnt done it once this year yet.

Thks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Sry forgot team 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Any ideas how to improve this team? 2 ft and 0.2m in bank. Not afraid to take a hit if needs be, havnt done it once this year yet.

Thks

I'd drop courtious and pelle and get in costa and another keeper too start with if I was you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

took a -8 which included selling Costa
    I know it's crazy but I don't care anymore
    wish me luck anyway though :D
    also I'm captaining Rooney!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I have Caulker so Green is a no no for me. I'm currently favouring Heaton over Guzan.
    Can anybody throw light on why FFS are predicting Milner to start in place of Navas this week? Is it to provide stronger defensive cover away to a strong team? I was gonna dump Milner this week but this has thrown a spanner in the works.

Navas was pretty bad vs Bayern the other night, probably just ffs guessing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A cheap 'keeper is the only way I can afford my future plans of Moore to Terry and Fab to Hazard.

Edit: I've gone with Green. He's my gut.

If it makes any difference mate, I'm doing the same. I have to take a -4 to do it though or I'll be left with no goalkeeper (Krul).

Worst case scenario, I'm hoping Leicester don't score 2 and it'll just be a -2 net negative.

I can't say I'm too enthralled about having 2 QPR players mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Bringing Bony in for Pelle. Dunno what to with Krul. Shoul i wait til the morning?

• Advertisement

I'm getting annoyed at my ridiculous indecisiveness this year, maybe it's better than being too decisive last year though :pac:

Forward options are Bony and Austin with little glances at both Lukaku and Eto'o. Midfield is then relying on which forward I plump for. Di Maria, Mirallas, Chadli, Fellaini, Jedinak.

Or I could just keep both Pelle and Tadic and hold a transfer. Not like City are great at the back anyway!

I have learned that Samuel Eto'o got married last Monday seemingly and played on Thursday which is a level of information only FPL could be responsible for!

Or Pelle and Tadic -> Rooney and Jedinak.

Now that could be interesting. Front 3 of Costa, Rooney, Aguero :cool:

Or Pelle and Tadic -> Rooney and Jedinak.

Now that could be interesting. Front 3 of Costa, Rooney, Aguero :cool:

I had that front 3 for past 2 weeks
    only have 2 of them now.........
    too many midfield options this year to tie that much money into strikers. trust me its not worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

For a 4 point hit, Krul,Diame, Pelle out......Adrian, Wanyama, Bony in? Mad or a decent move. Kril out for a month, West Ham have decent fixtures, Southampton have some tough games so Bony with decent fixtures in for him. Wanyama is the best I could afford for 4.8m and Diame didnt play last week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sry forgot team 😀

Can u do pelle to Austin ings or Kane wellbeck to costa and Clyne to Collins for a minus 4.

Paully D wrote: »
    If it makes any difference mate, I'm doing the same. I have to take a -4 to do it though or I'll be left with no goalkeeper (Krul).

Worst case scenario, I'm hoping Leicester don't score 2 and it'll just be a -2 net negative.

I can't say I'm too enthralled about having 2 QPR players mind.

I do think Green is the better option in the long run. Six home fixtures in the next ten and QPR are improving. You'd have to wonder how Keane leaving will effect Villa.

I agree re the two QPR players but then it is a goalkeeper and defender so not like you're doubling up with two defenders or two attackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm getting annoyed at my ridiculous indecisiveness this year, maybe it's better than being too decisive last year though :pac:

Forward options are Bony and Austin with little glances at both Lukaku and Eto'o. Midfield is then relying on which forward I plump for. Di Maria, Mirallas, Chadli, Fellaini, Jedinak.

Or I could just keep both Pelle and Tadic and hold a transfer. Not like City are great at the back anyway!

I have learned that Samuel Eto'o got married last Monday seemingly and played on Thursday which is a level of information only FPL could be responsible for!

I'd go Bony and Chadli. But glancing at your team you're gonna have to address that defence soon. If Duff doesn't pull thru am I right you've only two defenders one of whom plays City?!

Would you have enough from the above transfers to do Clyne to Azpil? If so maybe that would be worth-8?? If you can't afford maybe Bony and Jedinak. Or go the Austin route.

Or.

Maybe.

You could play your wildcard. ....:D

I'd go Bony and Chadli. But glancing at your team you're gonna have to address that defence soon. If Duff doesn't pull thru am I right you've only two defenders one of whom plays City?!

Would you have enough from the above transfers to do Clyne to Azpil? If so maybe that would be worth-8?? If you can't afford maybe Bony and Jedinak. Or go the Austin route.

Or.

Maybe.

You could play your wildcard. ....:D

If I'm struggling with 2 transfers what the hell would become of me with 15 of the ruddy things in the space of a few hours tonight :eek:

Was looking at Pelle -> Austin and either Duff or Coloccini to Azpi or Terry now. Leaving me a closer look at Tadic-> Mirallas in midweek.

Otherwise I was settling on either Bony and Jedinak. With enough cash for Moore->Terry midweek.

I can see Coloccini playing tomorrow and probably Duff too but it's a risk of not fielding 11.

If I'm struggling with 2 transfers what the hell would become of me with 15 of the ruddy things in the space of a few hours tonight :eek:

Was looking at Pelle -> Austin and either Duff or Coloccini to Azpi or Terry now. Leaving me a closer look at Tadic-> Mirallas in midweek.

Otherwise I was settling on either Bony and Jedinak. With enough cash for Moore->Terry midweek.

I can see Coloccini playing tomorrow and probably Duff too but it's a risk of not fielding 11.

Didn't know Colo had any chance!

Bony, Jed and Terry looks good. Might be tempted to go-8 meself. If fact, I think I'd probably wildcard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

HAd two FT this week

Made the move on Pelle -> Austin after the match on Monday and have sat on my extra transfer until now! Have had it in my head to bring Azpil in all week and I'm still going to. the problem I'm having is whether i should transfer out Duff or Chambers for him! The idea being to get Sigurdsson back in asap.

I can either do Duff -> Azpil and hope Downing starts and transfer out Wisdom for Yun and Downing for Sigurdsson next week for a 4 point hit but have to hipe prices don't rise as i just have enough now.

OR

Chambers -> Azpil and Downing -> Sigurdsson this week, still a 4 point hit but will have a bit extra in the bank.

Or

Take no hits make the Chambers to Azpil move and get Sigurdsson in in two GW time. Arsenal and West Ham both have ok fixtures in that time i suppose...

basically is it better to take a hit this week or next based on fixtures or just sit tight!???

Anyone with some words of wisdom?

Bony, Jed and Terry looks good. Might be tempted to go-8 meself. If fact, I think I'd probably wildcard!

I began looking at Andi Weimann, great set of fixtures and the shackles could be off with Roy gone :)

Time for a cuppa I reckon!

bony and terry have entered my team for -8
    hazard will be following tomorrow evening
    just hope I don't miss out on his mega haul .......cos there is one imminent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Have been bit unlucky with keepers last 3 weeks - wasting 2 transfers on them.

Really need one of Baines, Duff or Wilson to play tomorrow, no one sticking out as worth doing -4, and other parts of my team need surgery next few GW's so don't want to invest money in bank into them.

HAd two FT this week

Made the move on Pelle -> Austin after the match on Monday and have sat on my extra transfer until now! Have had it in my head to bring Azpil in all week and I'm still going to. the problem I'm having is whether i should transfer out Duff or Chambers for him! The idea being to get Sigurdsson back in asap.

I can either do Duff -> Azpil and hope Downing starts and transfer out Wisdom for Yun and Downing for Sigurdsson next week for a 4 point hit but have to hipe prices don't rise as i just have enough now.

OR

Chambers -> Azpil and Downing -> Sigurdsson this week, still a 4 point hit but will have a bit extra in the bank.

Or

Take no hits make the Chambers to Azpil move and get Sigurdsson in in two GW time. Arsenal and West Ham both have ok fixtures in that time i suppose...

basically is it better to take a hit this week or next based on fixtures or just sit tight!???

Anyone with some words of wisdom?

I'd expect Downing to play. Big Sam yesterday..." "Stewart Downing and Cheik Kouyate are both training today. The rest of the injured players have got a chance but it's a slimmer chance than we expected."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I'd expect Downing to play. Big Sam yesterday..." "Stewart Downing and Cheik Kouyate are both training today. The rest of the injured players have got a chance but it's a slimmer chance than we expected."

I saw that but even so, Downing against a Newcastle team that seem to be tightening up at the back or Sigurdsson against Palace.

• Advertisement

Right I'm going for Charlie Austin in tonight for Pelle. If I want to do something else I can do it tomorrow and if not at least I won't start on -4.

Both Bony and Siggy would potentially be asking for trouble.

Pelle -> Austin: DONE!

Farewell Graziano you magnificent man. Those 2 goals on your debut for me against Newcastle are still the highlight of my season. See you in January, friend :)

B3i5wibCcAALzzl.jpg

A bit of help/advice needed:

Guzan Gilks
    Baines Duff Moore Dummett Clyne
    AdM Hazard Siggy Sanchez King
    Austin Rooney Costa

1 F/T, £1.7M i.t.b.

Concerns: Costa-->Aguero switch imminent. May need to make that move as soon as tomorrow evening, should Costa pick up that 5th yellow. Currently 0.2 short for this move, may become 0.3 should Aguero rise overnight. Immediate concerns are in defense; Moore not playing, Baines/Duff doubts, which may just leave me with 2 fit defenders, both of whom have tough fixtures. Anyone care to help a brother out? :p All I've come up with so far is Yun and Bartley in for Duff and Moore for a -4, which would tide me over with playing personell (short-term, at least, in Bartley's case), while leaving me the spare change for aforementioned possible Costa-->Augero move. Thoughts??? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Bit the bullet. Bony in for Pelle. Despite having the injured duo of Baines and Duff (and a dodgy Chadli). This is the most anxious, worrying GW for me so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

What way should I go about picking two midfielders for 13.5m? Picking the strongest one possible, then fitting in a whatever I can? Or split it fairly equally? I could get anyone from 9m down, then Boyd or Ameobi to be an emergency sub. Or I could go for two from the Downing, Mirallas, Chadli, Mane, Oxlade-Chamberlain types and rotate as necessary. Thoughts?

• Advertisement
Advertisement