Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmacies that dispense vet meds?

• 22-11-2014 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know of pharmacies in Dublin (preferably North County or Blanchardstown) that dispense veterinary medications? My vet gave me a prescription for Malaseb shampoo and Advocate...I've called a good few pharmacies but no luck so far! Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

You might be able to get it online if you have a prescription. Not sure if any chemists do it.

How come you didn't get it at the vets?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Vet UK is another possibility; you need to scan in the prescription if I remember their procedure correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cocobubbles

andreac wrote: »
    How come you didn't get it at the vets?

I got the prescriptions from the Blue Cross mobile clinic! Ya i might be best buying them online, thanks for the suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

chemists in saggart and in bluebell dispense vet prescriptions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Would you try bringing the prescription into another vet's?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I know this is vague- sorry op! But I think one of the chemists in Finglas dispenses animal stuff. I suppose it's easier to get such chemists in ruraldom rather than the Dublin burbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 am!e

Hiya, the Irish Blue Cross have their main clinic in Inchicore and will dispense them to you if you call in to them with your prescription, if it's something your pet needs waiting for the delivery to come from online might not be the best idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

another vague answer but i remember seeing animal medications in a pharmacy in clondalkin village

Advertisement