Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dopey parents...

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭DoomZ

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Big difference between doing this in traffic and when there's no traffic.

The rant is in your OP

10 minutes? Seriously?

Yip...she couldn't see me and i was giving her a chance....bit silly of her.

How can you see down to road and put your kids in a car at the same time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Not excusing people not paying attention but you're seriously deluded if you think it's possible to load a child into a car seat from the other side of the car.

I've managed this, working around FOUR kids, with 2 baby seats and a booster to work around. It's certainly possible.....oh, and safer not to mention.
    Fair play to you if you have, I always have the youngest kerbside where possible but there's no physical way I could load him from the other side, even without seats for the older two in the way.

Lacking imagination, strength, or child eating too many Weetabix. Otherwise, shouldn't be an issue.
    Lifting a reluctant child into a seat at full reach while stooped down with other child seats in the way? Nothing at all.

While a bit awkward, unless it's an economy size car, or you're carrying a few extra pounds, there should definitely be enough room to manoevre in from the safe side.
    I won't for as much as a second put my children in danger.

You already have. But, you can't even see that, because you're already putting your counter-argument together, before even considering that you might be wrong.

Unloading kids on a main road, is just plain stupid, if it can be avoided at all. The main problem is laziness, followed by arrogance. I am guilty of being lazy from time to time, if the mornings are particularly bad, but I would never unload my kids from a car, roadside. Some people even double park on main roads to unload their sprogs and then leave the car, hazards flashing. Insane stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Would this thread not be better in AH or ranting and raving? Its hardly a motors thread just because it involves cars somehow. Its mainly just people having a go at lazy parents. Not even one person has mentioned the advantage of the sliding door on a Mazda 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭alias no.9

DoomZ wrote: »
    Yip...she couldn't see me and i was giving her a chance....bit silly of her.

How can you see down to road and put your kids in a car at the same time?

First of all its pushing the bounds of credibility that anyone spent 10 minutes loading a child in a car but for that not only to happen and for you to be in that exact spot at the same time, and sit patiently for 10 minutes bearing in mind it's wound you up so much that you felt it necessary to come on here and start a thread on it, I'm calling bull**** on the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭alias no.9

goz83 wrote: »
    I've managed this, working around FOUR kids, with 2 baby seats and a booster to work around. It's certainly possible.....oh, and safer not to mention.

Lacking imagination, strength, or child eating too many Weetabix. Otherwise, shouldn't be an issue.

While a bit awkward, unless it's an economy size car, or you're carrying a few extra pounds, there should definitely be enough room to manoevre in from the safe side.

You already have. But, you can't even see that, because you're already putting your counter-argument together, before even considering that you might be wrong.

Unloading kids on a main road, is just plain stupid, if it can be avoided at all. The main problem is laziness, followed by arrogance. I am guilty of being lazy from time to time, if the mornings are particularly bad, but I would never unload my kids from a car, roadside. Some people even double park on main roads to unload their sprogs and then leave the car, hazards flashing. Insane stuff.

Who said anything about main roads, double parking, hazards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

It doesn't really matter whether or not it's a main road. Unloading children roadside is stupid and should be avoided at all costs.

You can carry on trying to justify it but you're only convincing yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Markcheese

goz83 wrote: »
    There are a good few schools within a stones throw. Sometimes throwing stones seems like a good idea. The school on the Grange Road in Donaghmede has seen the behaviour of motorists decline in recent times. The ignorant numpties now park all the way up the road, a few metres after the roundabout, in the cycle lane, across the school car entrance AND in the bus stop :eek:

It's stupidly dangerous. They could park in the massive car park that is Donaghmede Shopping Centre, but oh God no...that would be sensible.

Seen parents parking on both sides of the road , half on the foot path to wait for their kids, kids now walking out between cars (footpath blocked by cars ) onto narrowed lanes - stupidly dangerous - a Garda warning to the school,followed up with a couple of dozen tickets every now and then - I'm just waiting for someone to try get their car through school door-

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I did. Your powers of observation are as keen as your child loading ability it seems. I separated the text you questioned, quite on purpose, as an aside/separation to the responses made to your posts. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

I wonder if there are a lot people of people without cars or kids posting here.... It looks like there may be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

mayway wrote: »
    I wonder if there are a lot people of people without cars or kids posting here.... It looks like there may be.

2 years ago......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

R.O.R wrote: »
    2 years ago......

You're right. I hadn't noticed. Oh well.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement