Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I love it when a plan comes together

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Best of luck tomorrow missus, you really deserve a good race. Remember, you've done the work so..... :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

All the best for tomorrow hs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Best of luck tomorrow HS, hope you have a great day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

All the best L! Give it socks:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Best if luck tomorrow! Don't forget to enjoy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Ppphooooo right here goes. I cant get into it and no report will follow. wmm 1:05min.

It was the crappest most pathetic heap of crap of a run ive ever done. Regardless of weather or wind. It wasnt a feckin race it was a joke!!! Why would you sign up as a white or pink bib to start walking at 1 k in and get in people's way? And then over take them, just to plank yourself right in front of them?

There was zero atmosphere , zero motivation. Every time i tried to push on there was some other ar$ehole walking in front of me.

The weather everyone had to contend with, im not even throwing that in the ring of excuses. The crowds were impenetrable. I couldnt get into a stride or zone or nothing i hated every step!

I lost all will at 9k and just walked. Shock horror i dont care...it was just the done thing apparently! I got over myself and the last finish was beyond anything i could have dreamed of. But then, any muppet can run for 1:05 and finish well. So no great achievement there.

Other than that im pretty happy with the result :P Saw DG on the way down the dualler and gave her a shout...also think i saw marthastew? But not sure if that was an apparition?

Onwards and upwards, Muler's given me a week off before i start the hm plan, so looking forward to a few beautiful watch free runs over the next few days.

Just to say thanks to everyone who's helped and advised on here, I promise I did listen and i enjoyed taking it all onboard.

Ive said all my thanks to the Muler and Ecoli, but i have to say the hubby is unreal. He doesnt get it, but he supports it so what more can you ask. :pac:

Hah! Got into it fairly well for some one who said they werent getting into it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

The crowds were impenetrable. I couldnt get into a stride or zone or nothing i hated every step!

Sorry to hear about today HS.
    If the problem was mainly that it was too crowded to run properly, would you not consider entering another 10k in the next week or two to give it a proper shot and get the result you deserve? You've trained really well for the distance to have a good shot at a pb.
    Just a thought...

Sorry to hear it didn't go well but that was a pretty good time considering you walked part of it!
    Enjoy your break from the plan!

Chalk it up, I can't imagine elbowing and dodging that many people. I had the elbow out (and got tutted at haha) early on when someone tried to slice into a corner - with me in between!! - round a bend, I would have been bloody evil having to do that every three seconds. Thanks for the shout out, I think I was on the border of the misery zone then :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Ah HS, I'm sorry to hear you were impeded so badly. The Mini really is legendary for the sort of shenanigans you experienced. Sign up for a 10K organised by a club as part of your HM training and you'll have a completely different experience I promise! In fact....The Lakes 10K is on early Sept in Blessington - awesome race that will restore your faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I've said all I need to say to you privately earlier but will state for the public record that in those conditions both weather wise and crowd wise to get home only 5 min off your original target was a superb run.

Congestion always an issue with this race. It's not a proper race at all. Shoot me for it folks but that's the truth.

Weather was awful. I ran myself at the same time an easy run that varied from 8:30 pace right out to 11:00 pace depending on the wind. The thoughts of hitting 10k pace into that were crazy. At the time of that run I felt 65 would have been a great result for you.

And it was.

That was a sub 60 effort on a normal day in a normal race. Congratulations.

Week off from plans - go out and enjoy a run with no pressure.

I dunno about another race. Ecoli suggested the same thing. But theres something im missing when it comes to 10ks. Every single one of them comes off a mess. I need more experience i races, but less pinning all my hopes on races. And what if i do another race in 3 weeks and it comes off as crap and then i feel worse lol..I need to take the pressure off. The nerves over today were absolutely ridiculous and while more racing will help that...its racing that causes it lol

you looked completely in control DG total legend.

But i am definitely never EVER doing another WMM as a goal race. You all tried to tell me and i didnt listen lol. But never again!

Ppphooooo right here goes. I cant get into it and no report will follow. wmm 1:05min.

It was the crappest most pathetic heap of crap of a run ive ever done. Regardless of weather or wind. It wasnt a feckin race it was a joke!!! Why would you sign up as a white or pink bib to start walking at 1 k in and get in people's way? And then over take them, just to plank yourself right in front of them?

There was zero atmosphere , zero motivation. Every time i tried to push on there was some other ar$ehole walking in front of me.

The weather everyone had to contend with, im not even throwing that in the ring of excuses. The crowds were impenetrable. I couldnt get into a stride or zone or nothing i hated every step!

I lost all will at 9k and just walked. Shock horror i dont care...it was just the done thing apparently! I got over myself and the last finish was beyond anything i could have dreamed of. But then, any muppet can run for 1:05 and finish well. So no great achievement there.

Other than that im pretty happy with the result :P Saw DG on the way down the dualler and gave her a shout...also think i saw marthastew? But not sure if that was an apparition?

Onwards and upwards, Muler's given me a week off before i start the hm plan, so looking forward to a few beautiful watch free runs over the next few days.

Just to say thanks to everyone who's helped and advised on here, I promise I did listen and i enjoyed taking it all onboard.

Ive said all my thanks to the Muler and Ecoli, but i have to say the hubby is unreal. He doesnt get it, but he supports it so what more can you ask. :pac:

Whoa Whoa Whoa! You're not leaving are you? As the say, keep the faith! Plenty more to learn and to improve on. Patience, it'll all come together one day and when it does, there's no feeling like it and that's coming from a guy with experience in the buzz department. It makes all the tough days where things didn't go right or where you didn't feel good worth it.

You'll suprise yourself yet if you keep chipping away.:)

No..im not leaving...gonna be honest i did think about it :pac: but ive achieved far more in the last 6 months since logging here and since 'the plan' than i have in the previous 2 years. Its only May and looking back on Raheny, Terenure and all the work i know i put in. I never in a million years thought i was capable of some of the stuff i pulled off. Last year a friend of mine posted on fb that she'd done a 16k run and i just looked on in awe. I never thought less than a year later I'd be doing it too.

I know it will come, i know its there, I just wished for a better woopah!!!! Of a finish to what was an immensely enjoyable plan, other than the meh ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Definitely do another race, Dunshaughlin is a lovely course to attempt or as BG said the lakes 10k in September - tell no one except your coaches & just do it with no pressure and see how it goes. You will get there, keep the faith & well done yesterday :-)

Firedance wrote: »
    Definitely do another race, Dunshaughlin is a lovely course to attempt or as BG said the lakes 10k in September - tell no one except your coaches & just do it with no pressure and see how it goes. You will get there, keep the faith & well done yesterday :-)

You lot are my coaches now! Im an orphan of the Ecoli stable :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday.

But to be honest, don't even give it a second thought. Sometimes we have a bad run and we need to analyse everything that led up to it and what went wrong and sometimes we just need to forget about it completely and just move on. I think this is one who just write off a bad day at the office and go again.

Everyone here has days where nothing goes right. There is nothing else for it but to write it off and trust in your training and know that it will be better next time out.

"Bad workouts and races -- we all have them and we always will. Accept that the body has an ebb and flow that we don't quite understand. Some days you just feel 'off.' As hard as it is to accept a bad workout or race when there are valid reasons, it's doubly challenging when there appears to be no reason at all. I used to worry about this, but now I just shrug it off as the quirkiness of the body and mind. Don't invest in it or over think it. Move on." -Greg McMillan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

But i am definitely never EVER doing another WMM as a goal race. You all tried to tell me and i didnt listen lol. But never again!

Sorry it was a bad day for you. All that weaving around people and stop/starting can make the Mini Marathon really frustrating. But don't say you'll never be back - i did it as my first ever race in 2010 (and loved it as it seemed like such a huge achievement and the atmosphere was great etc), then I started doing more races and didn't come back to the mini marathon until i got the time I needed to go into the front pen in 2013, and it was a totally different experience there - still a great atmosphere but much more of a race.

Target it as a goal race in a few years (or sooner - my time was 90 mins in 2010 so you have much less of a way to go than I had) when you're in the front runner's pen.

Well done on your time on a tough day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

+1 to what Helenanne and indeed everyone else has said before. I can see how frustrated you are after yesterday but it would be a real shame not to give another 10K a shot ( I LOVE the Lakes 10K but I've also heard wonderful things about Dunshaughlin) . The WMM is a wonderful event but as you found out yesterday it is not a race to be chasing a time unless you are lucky enough to be near the front.
    And that was me you saw, I was cheering as many people as I could see along the way but didn't see you. I'm just back from injury so I had a great day yesterday, ran nice and easy and enjoyed the fun along the way.

I hope you're recovering well and don't despair, we all have really bad racing days and the only thing we can do is learn from them and pick ourselves up and get back out there again.
    Hope to see you at a race again soon

Hope you are feeling a bit better about it as the days go on... sounds like a very tough day and your time wasn't bad at all considering! The McMillan quote that Adrian posted is spot on... don't let it get you down, you've still done the training and the benefits won't go away.

Get out to a parkrun at the weekend if you can, that will cheer you up!

Wed 3 June - 7k freestyle! :D

Ran without a care as fast as i wanted when i wanted and as slow as i wanted when i wanted. Skipped over grass...got licked by a dog and whipped the mp3 outta me back pocket like a pro to put my favourite song back on without tripping! :D

What else can ya do...keep working...keep hoping!

Starting this next week :- http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_4/141.shtml

Not that I in any way think im intermediate, but its the closest thing to where i left off and the long runs on the beginner plan are too short.

Plan B, keep hacking away at that distance that shall not be mentioned!

Whoops sorry

Its this one i meant. Sorry Ososlo lol

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_4/133.shtml

Whoops sorry

Its this one i meant. Sorry Ososlo lol

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_4/133.shtml

ha ha:D
    Best of luck!!!!!

Fri 5th June -4 k easy

Hardly worth going out but the other half wanted to go out himself so had to be short and quick and i wanted to do a park run this morning so didnt want tired wussy legs.

Sat 6th June Tymon Park run

Late as usual (trying to find a bar code!!). Was so nervous i thought of turning the car around and thought ah jees this is getting ridiculous! Pulled up grabbed me mp3 and legged it for the start line. No time to faff about had to just shove the mp3 and car key in me back pocket and forget about using it.

My plan was to try and regain some sort of pride after monday and to do that I was going to learn to race well. Whatever the time, i was going to be smart, learn from past mistakes and run well. No more pegging it out from the traps.

So i took off fine and dandy. It was only 5k so i could push a little harder at the start but no more than that....surprisingly enough i was overtaking a few people so that did my head some good. A few points there was wind behind but it was counter balanced with wind in my face at other parts. At all times i was keeping just the pain side of easy..so i wasnt miserable. Came to half way and said ok you can push on a bit now. It was hard against the wind, but i picked something ahead and went for it...not at full throttle just a gentle increase and maintaining that pace and kept at it. With no earphones i could here my breathing and i knew i was doing ok.

At about 3.5k i was slowing down my legs were hurting and i thought ya wuss. You shouldnt be hurting now. If it was a wednesday youd be getting stuck in by now, so i picked a shed ahead and a lovely smiley volunteer and went for them.

When i turned, it started really hurting. I thought right think about it. Youve taken it handy, youre leaving something in reserve so whats goin on now? So i looked around and i was going slightly up hill against the wind, so i just changed gears for a bit. A guy that i overtook earlier passed me. Normally one or two things would happen, i would hare after him and ruin myself, or id lose heart and let him go. So today I thought Id go middle for diddle, i'll just tuck in behind him and not let him go and i'll get him on the final stretch. There was a crease in the back of his shirt that i just kept focused on :D . Then i looked at my watch and saw it was time to move. I felt a bit bad. It was the first time ever id used some one like that :( but then i felt good and then i felt great and i was flying :D

Time on my watch says 31:18. Not my best time. I didnt turn off exactly at the end so i might scrape something back. But i did what i set out to do and i felt great after. I think if i build on that confidence then i can transfer over to distance that shall not be mentioned.

Got roped into helping out at the boys footy after so Id say i covered about 8k all in all :pac:

• Advertisement

Fair play to you for putting yourself on the line again so quickly! There are so many similarities between us with the old race nerves etc!!!!
    Sounds like you paced that really well and good strategy going on there at the end.
    Well done and as you say, a good confidence builder.
    You ain't having much luck with the old wind lately so that time would definitely be faster on a more reasonable day!
    Recover well :)

Ososlo wrote: »
    Fair play to you for putting yourself on the line again so quickly! There are so many similarities between us with the old race nerves etc!!!!
    Sounds like you paced that really well and good strategy going on there at the end.
    Well done and as you say, a good confidence builder.
    You ain't having much luck with the old wind lately so that time would definitely be faster on a more reasonable day!
    Recover well :)

Im always afraid, knowing me as well as I do, that it'll take that one thing to turn me off running , so if i dont get back on the horse asap Id be afraid i never will :D

Nope, you can be guaranteed if i turn up to a race its gonna be windy :D

See, told you a parkrun would cheer you up! :) Delighted to see you back feeling positive, good stategy of breaking it into chunks...well done! Hope the smiley volunteer wasn't scared by you going for them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Well done H, learning to race properly will stand to you in the long run, am doing something similar too :-)

Tues 9 June 4.44 miles easy

Changing to miles, forgot to change watch over..still me mid run calculations werent far off :pac:

The trash talk has started!! Told my brother to get himself signed up and he says theres no worries...all he has to do to win is put a stack of cakes at the start line for me!! :eek: Then he says to my folks when they told him im taking it serious, the only training he has to do to beat me is start downing beers!!!!

I am gonna whoop his a$$!!!! I have age on my side (hes 10 mins older) and im gonna train so hard I'll have enough in the tank to shout such abuse at him mid race his knock knees will be hopping off each other! :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

So much easier in miles - everyone will be able to understand you now :)

So much easier in miles - everyone will be able to understand you now :)

Noooooo, don't do it...

Too much beer mile craic!!

Wed 10 june 5 miles easy avg pace 11.06p/m (did i phrase that right?)

Was the most crackin run...beautiful evening...at one point was running down hill against the wind in the beautitful sunshine and i felt like a kid. Ive really really missed this type.of absolute pressure free running. Pressure and worry from myself no-one else btw.

Thurs off

New coach has given me an extra day off. I like new coach :D Though, I enjoyed last night so much, if id found the time i would have gone for another sneaky run today.

Fri 12 June 2.26 (that .26 matters right!!) mile easy avg pace 10.20 p/m

Was even better than Wed. The strength in the legs was just so refreshing...never felt a step of it. I was so itching to go out and it was such a beautiful evening I thought about doing a few extra miles but I wanted to get back to do.....

Fri 12 June 1 extra sneaky beer mile to be able to fully appreciate what the lads were going to be doing the next eve (really just wanted the experience of a beermile myself)

One two skip a few

Tues 16 June - fartlekking across the universe

This next bit is going to be full of contradictions which will probably point out some glaring flaws in my ability but I enjoyed it. The last couple of runs and the last few days cycling to work, there has been a MASSIVE jump in strength in my legs and in particular my thighs (quads?). Yesterday i was a bit unsure about tonight, but, todays cycle to work was effortless, so i thought, Im gonna tap into that tonight and have a bit of craic. Get me!

1m warm up

Then i picked up the pace..holy mother...that strength was just extraordinary. Where the fook was it 2 weeks ago? Not only strength, but my knees were lifting my head was up, chest out, pelvis tucked in...it was just all naturally taking shape!! Plan was to get to the end of the road, and i pushed and pushed to keep up the speed, it was the totally wrong speed i knew it, my lungs knew it, but my legs were on another level!! :pac: I expected it would screw things up further along but i didnt care. My plan was to make it passed the three round abouts and then recover.

Sadly the heat really started getting to me, it was coming from everywhere, the road, the walls, and i thought i would barf. My legs never tired but my lungs totally failed...i was trying to block it out control the breathing concentrate, but then a dog barked at me, broke me concentration and me lungs gave up.

It went on like that...legs and body flying, mind trying to push on but my lungs couldnt keep up. I could have slowed down the speed parts and a couple of points i had to stop completely, but my legs never tired and it was totally addictive.

So im probably the only lame-oid to fail at fartlekking and needing a walk break :D but i had ENORMOUS fun, felt absolutely fantastic in the legs and can see a light at the end of the tunnel. All i need to do is to get my lungs to keep up and i'll be flying. Any tips on that will be very welcome.

I expect this will be very wordy...sorry as always :o

I love your log:D so full of energy and zest!

Well done on the fartlek and congrats on the new coach! Nice work too Saturday.
    I was kinda hoping your new plan would be all about training for next year's Beer Mile:pac: Plenty of time for that though I guess! We don't want you turning alco so early in the season!

You really have a way with words!ðŸ˜

Fartlek means speed play so you ticked both boxes! You did the speed and you had fun, so a successful session I would say (says she who had done a whole two Fartlek sessions ever).

Hey! Go me in that case! :D

Ososlo wrote: »
    Well done on the fartlek and congrats on the new coach! Nice work too Saturday.

My tenancy was up on my little bail of hay in the ecoli stable and i've taken refuge in the Mule stable :D

chickey2 wrote: »
    You really have a way with words!ðŸ˜

Fartlek means speed play so you ticked both boxes! You did the speed and you had fun, so a successful session I would say (says she who had done a whole two Fartlek sessions ever).

+1 :) You enjoyed it? Put a smile on your face? Felt strong? Go to the top of the class! Walked? So what. This was an introduction to fartlek and I think you and fartlek are going to get on just dandy.

I've said this before, we ask so much of our bodies and at times put them through the wringer that we have to have fun in training and enjoy it. If not, what's the point???

Ps love that bit about running down the hill and feeling like a child...from a nerdy point of view, I have heard that children have the most perfect running form so you were probably at your absolute best there ;):D

Fartlek is fun!!! good for you... but you did include some recovery time in there too right? (sounds like the walk breaks were more unplanned?) Not clear from your post...

annapr wrote: »
    Fartlek is fun!!! good for you... but you did include some recovery time in there too right? (sounds like the walk breaks were more unplanned?) Not clear from your post...

*gags Anna and hides her down the back of the thread* shush will you!!! They said i did it right!!!! :D

Lol, yes i did have recoveries. But the reason some of them were a bit more severe was because they were more thrust upon me than planned breaks. Which is why I had to stop. My lungs literally couldnt carry on. They're even sore this morning lol. The speed was too fast seemingly and the distance i tried covering at that speed was too far. But my legs were like 'run you lazy hog!!!' :pac: Some recoveries were perfectly done though. Some took longer to get my breathing down than others.

Ive never felt like that before. Usually on a wednesday my eyes would be fixed to my watch wondering when the pain would be over :D But last night i couldnt wait to get going again.

• Advertisement

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    +1 :) You enjoyed it? Put a smile on your face? Felt strong? Go to the top of the class! Walked? So what. This was an introduction to fartlek and I think you and fartlek are going to get on just dandy.

I've said this before, we ask so much of our bodies and at times put them through the wringer that we have to have fun in training and enjoy it. If not, what's the point???

Ps love that bit about running down the hill and feeling like a child...from a nerdy point of view, I have heard that children have the most perfect running form so you were probably at your absolute best there ;):D
    I must watch my 6 year old :D

Thanks for the chat the other day DG. It really settled a lot of things in my head...would love to have picked your brains more!

I must watch my 6 year old :D

Thanks for the chat the other day DG. It really settled a lot of things in my head...would love to have picked your brains more!

Aw I'm glad :) Anytime at all. We're in the process of organising another trail run, clear the calendar! :D

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Aw I'm glad :) Anytime at all. We're in the process of organising another trail run, clear the calendar! :D

The lungs will catch up eventually wont they?

I dunno DG you'll all be back in the carpark eating cake and i'll still be making my way to the top :pac: Dont say you'll take it slow...coz theres's slow and then me :D

Wed 17 June - plan said 3m

Messaged the boss saying, screw the plan! No way am i getting changed for 3m! And legged it out the door before he had a chance to argue.

For 6 months the hill at Woodstown has been taunting me, so i decided to give it a lash. I didnt know the distance, thought it'll take me well over the 3m...but thought if i just take it handy, i have tomorrow off...train, recover, adapt? Went for it. Thought i had gone for miles!!!! Was full sure i covered 8 miles, Rocky music in me ears, felt like a legend, when i got back still had so much more fuel in the tank after covering such a distance. Looked at me watch a stingy 5.5m :pac:

Rebel effort: fail :D
    Woodstown Hill: finally complete :D

Fri 19 June 6 miles avg pace 11m

Was feeling poop all day and crawled around..it was all i could muster. Was a sweaty mess when i got back.

Sat 20 June 9 miles avg pace 11:10mins

Was doing so well. Forgot to charge my mp3 but got onto a great rhythm on the way out between the shake of my water and tap of my feet was loving it. It was when i turned to come home i realised why i was loving it...it had all been down hill. The journey home was hard, it was hot, the shake shake of my bottle began to annoy me because every shake was a reminder of how little i had left. Water!!! Shade!!!! I was seeing camels pass in front of me. Then i started to get attacked from within. I suddenly thought of all the people running in Dunshaughlin coming home with pbs and thought look at the state of you! And down it spiralled into thoughts that are not worth repeating. I had to start singing Someone New to get rid of them and sure before long i could hear the birds on the trees and i was ok again.

Sun 21 June 3 miles avg pace 10:39 min

Thought i saw chickey2 at one point and ran for her...but i was wrong :o Nothing more to add but thats that done

All in all, despite last nights mental meltdown, its been a good week. Ive looked at each day in the plan with a 'wonder what i get to do today' mentality instead of the old...oh god what do i have to face today..which is nice.

I think i did 30 miles which is pretty cool to say too, for me.

That's a solid week. What stands out for me is the balance seems right between building the mileage and intensity whilst keeping it fun and enjoyable for you. First long run in a few weeks in that heat was always going to represent a bit of a challenge but you got through it and still ended up happy with the weeks running. Good stuff !

That's a solid week. What stands out for me is the balance seems right between building the mileage and intensity whilst keeping it fun and enjoyable for you. First long run in a few weeks in that heat was always going to represent a bit of a challenge but you got through it and still ended up happy with the weeks running. Good stuff !

Thanks P....The other P (the one im married to :D ) said he's noted a difference when I get back that Im a lot chirpier so everyones a winner :D I did everything that the plan said and a little extra...felt good for the most part so I'm happy.

I would unleash a god awful rant...but im too mad.

How you can feel so great one week and so crap the next i dont know.

How it isnt out of my system from the first plan i dont know.

How im supposed to improve if i cant do the training i dont know

That'll do pig...that'll do.

(Plan wise 1 mile warm up....1 mile @ 9:36...1 sit on a wall....2 mile walk home including serious ranting and cursing)

I would unleash a god awful rant...but im too mad.

How you can feel so great one week and so crap the next i dont know.

How it isnt out of my system from the first plan i dont know.

How im supposed to improve if i cant do the training i dont know

That'll do pig...that'll do.

(Plan wise 1 mile warm up....1 mile @ 9:36...1 sit on a wall....2 mile walk home including serious ranting and cursing)

Don't want to be a ballbreaker and all but do you think that 30 miles last week has anthing to do with it? It's a big step up and more often than not, the body will bite back when it doesn't like something.

Train hard, recover harder and all that jazz. Running is a fine balance like that, you want to do enough honest training in a week but not too much that it affects the next week as the main aim is to try keep consistency and gradual gains are the way to do that. No point in doing a ****eload one week if it hurts you the next week.

• Advertisement

Don't want to be a ballbreaker and all but do you think that 30 miles last week has anthing to do with it? It's a big step up and more often than not, the body will bite back when it doesn't like something.

Train hard, recover harder and all that jazz. Running is a fine balance like that, you want to do enough honest training in a week but not too much that it affects the next week as the main aim is to try keep consistency and gradual gains are the way to do that. No point in doing a ****eload one week if it hurts you the next week.

Honestly be a ball breaker all you want/think is needed. Thats what im after.

Last week shouldnt really have effected me this much. I am well able for the mileage...Im full sure there were weeks on the last plan that i did more. This keeps happening...the last plan was peppered with these bouts of absolute exhaustion...i thought it was diet...ate more iron...but it wasnt that...thought it was the increased mileage but it wasnt that...thought the restructuring of the paces might fix it...but nope...here we are again.

I went through tonight with PM and it turns out i did feck up my paces going out and was a minute faster than i should have been...but i was wrecked before i put my foot out the door.

In fairness to PM be already hacked the plan I intended doing to bits because the miles were too much. I dont know how im supposed to follow a plan if they keep knackering me out lol

*there are you glad you poked your head round the door now :P :D *

Advertisement