Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Apple TV

• 22-11-2014 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has Apple TV and the benefits of having it. I am thinking of getting it for my Dad for Xmas.

We already have sky and all the channels that go with it but is there any difference between apple tv and say just adding Netflix. Is the €99 fee just a once off and is the airport really worth it?

Our Internet is 150mb incase that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

ulinbac wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has Apple TV and the benefits of having it. I am thinking of getting it for my Dad for Xmas.

We already have sky and all the channels that go with it but is there any difference between apple tv and say just adding Netflix. Is the €99 fee just a once off and is the airport really worth it?

Our Internet is 150mb incase that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance,

There was a huge selling point for the atv2 that it could be jail broken and you could put xbmc on it. Not possible on the apple TV 3. So while its good for Netflix and itunes purchases ,I think you'll be missing out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

You might be better off with a chromecast. Its only €39 and if you only really want to use netflix and a few youtube videos, its ideal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

don't bother with apple tv get roku box Netflix and vpn to get usa ip address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

BUMP.thinking of getting apple tv 2

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Got an Apple TV 3 for Christmas

Anyone any advise on how to get the most out of it !??

All it seems to be able to do is watch Netflix which is quite a waste considering I have an old PS3 that done that for me....

I am a subscribtion with UPC and my folks have a SKY subscription which I use Sky go.... BOTH THESE APPS ARE BLOCKED ON AIRPLAY

any site I seem to use is blocked on Apple TV

On my iPad I have downloaded star sports and got Indian VPN and DNS and paid the €4.99 premier league season pass and I can watch all premiership seria a and la liga games now on iPad but seems star sports have also blocked the AIRPLAY option on their app ....

Seems Apple tv 3 is horse**** without being able to jailbreak it

Any other options available to me or any ideas when the Apple tv 3 will possibly be jail broken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

hoopyhoopy wrote: »

All it seems to be able to do is watch Netflix which is quite a waste considering I have an old PS3 that done that for me....

I am a subscribtion with UPC and my folks have a SKY subscription which I use Sky go.... BOTH THESE APPS ARE BLOCKED ON AIRPLAY

On my iPad I have downloaded star sports and got Indian VPN and DNS and paid the €4.99 premier league season pass and I can watch all premiership seria a and la liga games now on iPad but seems star sports have also blocked the AIRPLAY option on their app ....

Any other options available to me or any ideas when the Apple tv 3 will possibly be jail broken

We have apple tv and honestly the best money we ever spent! I use bunnymovie.com and iseri.es on ipad/iphone and airplay to tv. You need to register for both sites - literally just a username and password, no credit cards or anything like that. You need an invitation for bunnymovie so if you want to pm me your email address i can invite you. Bunnymovie has all the latest movies and iseri.es is all your tv series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Your problem is you want to use the product for illegal purposes. You need to get a Roku or Android box if you want to go down that route.

I have three Apple TV's and use them daily for Netflix, NowTV, Vevo, 4OD etc. A fantastic bit of kit.

BTW, the ATV 3 cannot be jailbroken...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

fifi28 wrote: »
    Bunnymovie has all the latest movies and iseri.es is all your tv series

How do you register for Bunnymovie...?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

We have apple tv and honestly the best money we ever spent! I use bunnymovie.com and iseri.es on ipad/iphone and airplay to tv. You need to register for both sites - literally just a username and password, no credit cards or anything like that. You need an invitation for bunnymovie so if you want to pm me your email address i can invite you. Bunnymovie has all the latest movies and iseri.es is all your tv series
    ;)

Pm me your email address and I will send the invitation - you will recieve an email from bunnymovie inviting you to use the code to register on the site and then your good to go, ive done it already for a few other boardsies today

• Advertisement

shanec1928 wrote: »
    ;)

See my reply to deep thought above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

How do you manage to do this? Is star sports an app? Also how do I go about getting the Indian VPN and DNS? I dont watch that much sports but a facility at reasonable cost through the ipad would be great.

I have an ipad3. Is it worth jailbreaking it to facilitate a streaming app? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

have my Appletv 2 a few years now and of coarse it was just for xbmc that i purchased it and i wouldn't part with it for the world and i have every gadget going but as previous poster said, the Appletv 3 can't be broken so unless its a 2 then there is no point!
    i suggest getting an android box if you want to use xbmc, they are not as fluent as the Appletv but they get the job done, are cheaper and not as difficult to out xbmc on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

tallpaul wrote: »

I have three Apple TV's and use them daily for Netflix, NowTV, Vevo, 4OD etc. A fantastic bit of kit.

How do you do that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

I have tha Apple tv 2 but unfortunately it's updated to latest software is there a way of down grading it so I can put XMBC on?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

Pm me your email address and I will send the invitation - you will recieve an email from bunnymovie inviting you to use the code to register on the site and then your good to go, ive done it already for a few other boardsies today

Like an invite too for this site. Cheers

meolwan wrote: »
    Like an invite too for this site. Cheers

Pm me your email for invitation

Registered on Bunny Movie, but when I try yo log in on my Mac...all i can see are trailers...

Registered on Bunny Movie, but when I try yo log in on my Mac...all i can see are trailers...

Im afraid ive only used bunnymovie on iphone/ipad so no advice on using it on mac. I use it on the phone/ipad and use apple tv to stream it to my tv

Im afraid ive only used bunnymovie on iphone/ipad so no advice on using it on mac. I use it on the phone/ipad and use apple tv to stream it to my tv

ah...will check it out, i guess you just use browser, not an App

• Advertisement

ah...will check it out, i guess you just use browser, not an App

I downloaded a simple download app - its a free 1 with purple icon and use the browser in the app, once u log in to bunny movie and choose a movie u then do the captcha thing (like ticketmaster) and it wil give you an option to open or download - i use the download option so i can watch offline if i want. Hope im being clear - not the best at describing technology terms lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Got an AppleTV 3rd gen for Christmas.

Using it with my jailbroken iPhone, it rocks. Absolute no problems.
    Kodi (XMBC) streams everything perfectly with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Banrion1

Do any of you use iseri.es for watching Tv Series? Have been using it
    since September but since Fri 30th Jan I can't get into ant Tv progs
    on it.anyone else having this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

HBO Now 1 month free trial now available on US Apple TVs.

Pretty great so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭kaerobe

QikBax wrote: »
    HBO Now 1 month free trial now available on US Apple TVs.

Pretty great so far.

Contemplating updating my jailbroken apple tv 2 for this. GOT starts this weekend and the HD streaming would be nice. Am I mad?

If i can test airplaying hbo now from my iphone to apple tv will be handy.

HBO Now has a nice selection of series and docs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

kaerobe wrote: »
    Contemplating updating my jailbroken apple tv 2 for this. GOT starts this weekend and the HD streaming would be nice. Am I mad?

If i can test airplaying hbo now from my iphone to apple tv will be handy.

HBO Now has a nice selection of series and docs
    yes you are mad.just look for hd streams in xbmc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

massy086 wrote: »
    yes you are mad.just look for hd streams in xbmc

Recently got Pi (Model B+) to replace ATV2 for XBMC/Kodi ... Also .... World of difference - streaming so much smoother than ATV!

BTW Netflix app stopped working on ATV2

Flog the ATV2 and buy an ATV3 and still make a profit

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭kaerobe

Im alright, will keep my jailbreak. HBO Now (with free month) can be airplayed from iPhone nicely. Best of both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

I use ATV 1 a lot, mostly for streaming content from my PC to the main TV. what the advantages of upgrdaing to ATV 3??? No jail braking for me though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement