Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Please help me downgrade my ipad to ios 8.1 from 8.1.1

• 22-11-2014 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

I updated my ipad 3 to 8.1,1 this week and it turns out it's quite a bit worse than 8.1 on ipad 3. I'd like to downgrade again and as I think apple are still signing 8.1 it should be possible.
    However I've run into trouble at the first hurdle. I'm not sure which version of ios 8.1 to download. For ipad 3 the options are Wifi, GSM and CDMA . My ipad does have cellular and I don't know if I should whether I shoulld go for gsm or cdma.
    The model number of my ipad is a1460
    If anyone has any insights please let me know

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

A1460 = iPad 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM) http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201471
    MM = Multimode (GSM, LTE & CDMA), so the CDMA update is for your device (CDMA devices also use GSM & LTE) http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/83180/what-does-mm-mean-in-the-ipad-model-lineup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thank you!
    I got it sorted in the end. It's definitely performing better since downgrading. Very disappointing stuff from Apple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

Fair enough, although I had the opposite experience with my iPad 3 - 8.1 was nasty, with slow and jerky graphics and hesitant app launches, but 8.1.1 has improved it greatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Yeah,most people seem to be enjoying a boost in performance but for me Safari became almost unusable, it was taking upto a minute to load a page. Downgraded and it's back to usable although not back to the happy days of ios 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Interesting. I've an iPad air and since the iOS 8 update, the performance of Safari has been ****e. Crashes, freezes, sticking, not loading.
    If I could go back to iOS 7 I would.
    Agree. Disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I've an ipad 2 and its not performing well since upgrading. Never occurred to me that the iOS could be the issue. Will have a look at it in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I had the same problem with mine, to fix it i reset my network settings and now its working perfect

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

My solution never take the upgrade from Apple and always leave the Os on it which it came with, Apple's planned obsolescence is designed to force you to upgrade by making their old tech slow, buggy and generally just a pain.

Advertisement