Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kid save

Options
  • 22-11-2014 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My son has had a BOI account since he was about 3, he's now 16 and trying to sort out EMA payments.  His bank account (Kidsave - my name in trust to him) is so outdated that he can only access it through a passbook (which he has now lost!).

Is there a simple way to 'upgrade' to an older account for him - preferably online, as the banking hours don't suit my working hours, and I am loathe to take a day off work just to sort out his bank account!

I have looked at other banks, but they want proof of his address, and at his age, he doesn't actually get any official letters!

Any advice gratefully received 

Shona

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Shona,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To have the account upgraded, you and your son will need to call into the branch. As you will both need to provide original photo id, this cannot be done online. The proof of address can be in your name, if your son does not have this in his own name. 

An appointment will need to be arranged to do this and you can book an appointment here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Voice of reason

Or you could just open a Young saver account for him on 365 online. I found it briilliant, took about 3 minutes
    maidsmum wrote: »
    My son has had a BOI account since he was about 3, he's now 16 and trying to sort out EMA payments.  His bank account (Kidsave - my name in trust to him) is so outdated that he can only access it through a passbook (which he has now lost!).

Is there a simple way to 'upgrade' to an older account for him - preferably online, as the banking hours don't suit my working hours, and I am loathe to take a day off work just to sort out his bank account!

I have looked at other banks, but they want proof of his address, and at his age, he doesn't actually get any official letters!

Any advice gratefully received 

Shona

Advertisement