Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vermin

Options
  • 22-11-2014 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hi,

Quick question, looking for some advise. Started renting a house 3 months ago. Recently (prob last month) noticed we have what appear to be mice. I'm only going on the noise of feet as I've never seen them. But it definitely sounds like something mouse sized. Normally this would be no issue, I'd put down either poison or traps. But the problem is they are beneath the upstairs floor boards. I've no way of getting at them (that I know of).
    So q1 is there a way of getting rid of them without having to cut into anything.
    Q2 does this fall under tenant or landlord duty?

P.s couldn't say with any certainty if they were here before we moved in or only recently, but we are exceptionally tidy. Bins taken to recycling plant every few days, no bins outside, and no food or rubbish ever left lying around.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I'd be calling the landlord about it, not so much with regards to who is responsible (to be honest I'm not sure), but if a professional is required and they need to get under the floor the landlord needs to be made aware of the situation.

Advertisement