Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Knock?

Options
  • 22-11-2014 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi all, due to a new job my family is relocating to the west. We had a look at a nice house in knock. Is it a good place or is it mainly full of people going to the shrine? We are a bit unsure about it and I thought I ask :-) thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Its a lovely peaceful village. Fairly centrally located. No unsocial activity. Very busy in Summer with pilgrimages and in August you will have a big influx of Motorhome when the Irish Travellers hit the place and of course leave the place not as you'd wish. But they're visit last only a week or ten days. All in all I would'nt mind living there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

It can get busy-ish during the Summer, particularly August, but not insanely so. Tbh, this time of year, it's dead, the majority of shops are closed and it's dreary enough. But it's a nice place, well kept and there is an excellent road infrastructure around it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Parents moved to a house just outside 5 years ago(Carrowmore Meadows) and love it - it is very very quiet from now until March/April time - however the place can be busy especially at weekends in the summer.

Claremorris just 10 mins down the road via the N17 for the weekly shop etc..

If you need any more info let me know...

Brgds
    Johnny

Advertisement