Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FLAT RATE EXPENSE CARE ASSISTANT

Options
  • 22-11-2014 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi guys,

my mum works as a care assistant in a private nursing home and was told that she might be able to claim FRE, but when i logged on to her PAYE online account, it doesnt really list care assistants as one of the jobs, only nursing assistants and thats under an option "hospital". I am pretty sure she can claim, since she has to supply her own uniform etc. Any experience with this anyone? What should we pick on the website? Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dupsy

hi think she can apply, i work as an healthcare assistant and i was eligible to apply for flat rate expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It's a bit of a grey area, there's no specific amount due for care assistant, but there is for "Nursing assistants & orderlies" which probably fits the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Does anyone know if a Social Care Worker would be eligible for Flat Rate Expenses?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a Social Care Worker would be eligible for Flat Rate Expenses?

I don't think there's anything. Full list herehttp://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/flat-rate-expenses.xls

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

redzerdrog wrote: »

The first thing you should ask yourself , is have you an expense related to your work as a social care worker .

If any of these apply you may have a claim , but either way , you should write a note to the tax office outlining your reason for claiming , and let them decide if you have an entitlement .

• (a) where obliged to supply and launder their own uniforms
    • (b) where obliged to supply their own uniforms but laundered free
    • (c) where obliged to launder the uniforms supplied
    • (d) where uniforms are supplied and laundered by hospital

• Advertisement
Advertisement