Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Broken iPhone 5

• 22-11-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I had an iPhone 5 there at the startof the year and I dropped it and well smasled the screen totally off.

I am only getting around to trying to offload whatever I had on it, most importantly the music and photos. iTunes is recognising the phone at the minute and I am doing a back up and it is downloading all my purchased music. The problem is I cant seem to access any photos. Its not appearing as a removable device where I can go into any camera folder and iTunes doesnt seem to be picking up on any photos on the device?

Would anyone have any suggestions? Keeping in mine the screen is totally smashed so theres no option of using the actual phone at all.

Cheers,
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If you're using a Mac the photos will show up in iPhoto. No idea how it works on windows machines, Google?
    Btw you could get the phone repaired, apple will likely even replace it for around €250 (that won't get your photos back though). If it's just the screen a local shop will fix that for around €80 (and then you'll still have your photos). Just in case you were gonna bin it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Thanks for the reply. I googled it and it isnt answering. I have gotten a good phone since so there is no need to get the iphone fixed, I would just have liked to recover the photos that were on it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

ghogie91 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I googled it and it isnt answering. I have gotten a good phone since so there is no need to get the iphone fixed, I would just have liked to recover the photos that were on it :)

If it just needs a screen if still get it fixed, they're still selling for €300 second hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

You can look through the backup and get the photos from that

• Registered Users Posts: 18 G2fitz87

Ya could try shoving it up ur arse with vibration turned on n see if it works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

G2fitz87 wrote: »
    Ya could try shoving it up ur arse with vibration turned on n see if it works

And you can try another forum, if you post like this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 G2fitz87

culabula wrote: »
    And you can try another forum, if you post like this again.

I apologise my friend, do it without vibration on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

G2fitz87 wrote: »
    I apologise my friend, do it without vibration on

Infraction given.

Advertisement