Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gambling types - Football Accumulator.

• 22-11-2014 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

Mods - Hopefully you'll let me leave this thread here as the gambling forum is pretty dead and I'm sure many folk on here do accumulators.

I have a 13 team accumulator this weekend.

11 teams won today and Liverpool play tomorrow.

One team (Peterhead) drew... and that's where the issue is. I'm almost certain I didn't include Peterhead on my coupon, they were 13/8 to win and I was only backing odds on favourites.

Anyway will Paddy Power have kept my coupon so that I can try and see if I did put Peterhead on it? (I'm practically sure I didn't). Or will Paddy Power say tough **** and that I should have checked my betting slip?

I know that the bet will probably lose tomorrow anyway as Liverpool are hardly going to win away from home!

Has this happened anyone before and what was the outcome?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Do you not have a record of the bet you put on? Was it in a bookies or online? Surely whether you bet on them or not should be very clear cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,589 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Yeah, you lose. Peterhead didn't magic themselves onto your coupon. Ul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

You have to check your bet before matches kick off.
    I'm presuming you used a Mark sense coupon? They're quite sensitive. Any mark at all on the box for Peterhead and they'll be included.

If the shop could fish out your coupon they might give you some leeway if you obviously didn't mark it and it was a spec or whatever. But they have no obligation to do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

5starpool wrote: »
    Do you not have a record of the bet you put on? Was it in a bookies or online? Surely whether you bet on them or not should be very clear cut.

I have a record of it but Peterhead was included on my betting slip when it wasn't one of my picks.

I could have included them by accident so the error could have been mine so I really want to check it.

Nunu wrote: »
    You have to check your bet before matches kick off.
    I'm presuming you used a Mark sense coupon? They're quite sensitive. Any mark at all on the box for Peterhead and they'll be included.

If the shop could fish out your coupon they might give you some leeway if you obviously didn't mark it and it was a spec or whatever. But they have no obligation to do this.

Cheers mate, I tweeted Paddy Power who said they'd have a copy still in shop so I'll be down there as soon as they open hoping they'll check it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Doesn't matter anyhow, Liverpool won't win.

Just back from Paddy Power shop, they found the docket in about a minute and the mistake was their end.

A Liverpool win today nets me €2,600.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Just back from Paddy Power shop, they found the docket in about a minute and the mistake was their end.

Fingers crossed lad, I bagged €250 off a 6 game accumalator yesterday. These things ain't good for the heart!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Good luck lad, always nice to see people take money off the bookies, out of interest what other teams did you have?

Tip :

Lay Liverpool and lock yourself into some nice profit :)

Liverpool are evens on betfair.

Lay for 2000

Liverpool lose or draw you get 2000 profit
    Liverpool win and you get 2600

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'll buy the docket off you for €260.

It's as close as your going to get to that €2600 :-)

jamesbere wrote: »
    Good luck lad, always nice to see people take money off the bookies, out of interest what other teams did you have?

Chelsea
    Everton
    Man City
    MK Dons
    Celtic
    Dundee United
    Dunfermline
    Forfar
    Morton
    Stranraer
    Arbroath

...and hopefully Liverpool!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Tip :

Lay for 2000

I'm so broke I can't afford to lay the bet!

I'm so broke I can't afford to lay the bet!

Lay it for whatever you can afford, borrow if you have to. It's basically banking money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Liverpool will fcuk it up for you.

Lay it for whatever you can afford, borrow if you have to. It's basically banking money.

I know it's the sensible thing to do but I'm just gonna sweat it out and go for the big win!!!

I know it's the sensible thing to do but I'm just gonna sweat it out and go for the big win!!!

I think you're mad letting it run tbh.

I'm a Liverpool fan and I have zero faith in us winning today.

Good luck though whatever you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Best of luck bobby, but please lay it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

You should lay the bet, I did it before. I had a 6 team acca, was on for 1000 euro and was waiting for Chelsea to win so I layed the bet and was thankful I did as Chelsea drew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Fortune favours the brave.....however, as a Liverpool fan, I wouldn't be confident!

Hope it comes in for you tho so best of luck

• Advertisement

jamesbere wrote: »
    You should lay the bet, I did it before. I had a 6 team acca, was on for 1000 euro and was waiting for Chelsea to win so I layed the bet and was thankful I did as Chelsea drew

What's laying a bet? Didn't think you could do anything once you submitted your accumalator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Best of luck bobbysands, you're a braver man than me. I'd beg, borrow and steal to lay it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

madcabbage wrote: »
    What's laying a bet? Didn't think you could do anything once you submitted your accumalator.

Putting something on Liverpool to lose or draw. It covers all the bases and guarantees a profit, albeit a smaller one than if he leaves it as it is and Liverpool win.

Your off to a good start! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

€2600 just got a little bit closer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Be fairly foolish to not have a few hundred on Palace +1 now to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Ah nice one , if you are doing an accumulator you should always write it out on a docket like I do .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

not to put a downer on you
    But WHERE are you getting the 2600 euro pay out from ?
    Have you worked it out yourself or is it printed on the docket receipt you have ?
    Because if it's printed (possible returns) it could be including Peterhead at 15/8.
    Hope it's not the case but I'd check it out to save some disappointment maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Tip :

Lay for 2000

Your maths are wrong. If you lay for £2000, and liverpool win, the net profit is £600 as your £2000 lay at evens loses you £2000 but the acca makes you £2,600.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

I'm not saying this in hindsight, but I agree with the people who said you should have laid some money on Palace to secure profit, somehow, some way. You surely have a friend or family member who could have stuck some money on for you. Counting on the last leg of a big bet on Liverpool, away from home, their form and without Sturridge is like dousing yourself in petrol and juggling with lit matches.

Half time now, and double chance is 1/2, so you still have time to lock in profit.

Rooting for you anyway, but live and learn if Liverpool fail to win.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    not to put a downer on you
    But WHERE are you getting the 2600 euro pay out from ?
    Have you worked it out yourself or is it printed on the docket receipt you have ?
    Because if it's printed (possible returns) it could be including Peterhead at 15/8.
    Hope it's not the case but I'd check it out to save some disappointment maybe.

I've checked it a few times, it's actually €2,800.

Possible return (including Peterhead) were €6,600.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

I've checked it a few times, it's actually €2,800.

Possible return (including Peterhead) were €6,600.

To be honest , it's worth nothing if Liverpool continue to be a sh!te as they were first half.

How much did you originally put down for the accu?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Seriously...palace double chance asap.

Get loan of mates/family/whatever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I have what you call a 'dislike' of Liverpool but i'd like to see this come in.

Good luck, mon d pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

As a Utd fan

Is my dislike of Liverpool bigger than my dislike of the Bookies .....:D

F**K IT hope it comes up for you OP
    a covering bet even at this stage wouldn't be a bad idea.
    best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Jesus man chuck as much as you can on Palace double chance!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Reckon the Liverpool goal is coming

OP has no more nails and is currently dieing of a heart attack!

• Advertisement

Pudders wrote: »
    Your maths are wrong. If you lay for £2000, and liverpool win, the net profit is £600 as your £2000 lay at evens loses you £2000 but the acca makes you £2,600.

Yeah, got the maths wrong. You get what I meant though. Had 1000 written out and edited it for some reason.

Not sure what the OP did but I'd say he's sweating it!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

I might be the only to say it here as I have no time for accumulator bettors in general, but as I said before, playing with ��. Deserved result Palace getting something from this.

Oh dear...

madcabbage wrote: »
    How much did you originally put down for the accu?

€20... not that it matters now!

Ah well!

€20... not that it matters now!

Ah well!

It ain't over till it's over lad. You'll always get days when your that close and is snatched away from ya.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Hard luck man. Many a time, it was the last game that screwed us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Why would you not lay it off?

8-10 wrote: »
    Why would you not lay it off?

No money to lay it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Ouch

Stoke f**king me up yesterday when I had them to win along with City, Everton, United, Chelsea, and Newcastle now doesn't seem to sting as much..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

No money to lay it off.

Not intending to be offensive (and might be reading your comment wrong), but if your financial situation means you've no money to lay it off then you probably shouldn't be placing 13-team accumulators in the first place

Unlucky today, if this is something you do regularly then some online sites (I think B365) allow for 'cashing-out' before the last game goes, so you still profit if you don't have any money to lay!

• Advertisement
Advertisement