Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gambling types - Football Accumulator.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Hard luck OP, that was desperatly unlucky.

I'm amazed at the notion though that everyone seems to have, that you or family or frienfs should have €1000 just lieing around for laying. Seriously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Muff_Daddy wrote: »
    Hard luck OP, that was desperatly unlucky.

I'm amazed at the notion though that everyone seems to have, that you or family or frienfs should have €1000 just lieing around for laying. Seriously.

Okay, not €1000. How about €50 on double chance prior to kick-off then? I think Crystal Palace were +300 to win straight up and the draw was around 2/1, so double chance at a guess was close to evens.

I sound like I am being harsh, but 8-10 in the post previous to yours is spot on.

Overall, accumulator bettors aren't profitable, no matter what they say in the grand scheme. It's all about living in the moment, and rarely if ever mentioning the numerous losses. Only a small portion of bettors bet on accumulators and are profitable, and that's because they lay their bets at the best opportunity.

And I've not been overly critical on the inclusion of Liverpool in anyone's accumulator. They were less than evens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Paddy power would have bought the bet off you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Liverpool will let you down every time this season. Hence why I backed Palace to score the third and to win. Those bets and United to score the second yesterday sees me €100 for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

8-10 wrote: »
    Not intending to be offensive (and might be reading your comment wrong), but if your financial situation means you've no money to lay it off then you probably shouldn't be placing 13-team accumulators in the first place

Unlucky today, if this is something you do regularly then some online sites (I think B365) allow for 'cashing-out' before the last game goes, so you still profit if you don't have any money to lay!

No offence taken.

A €20 bet, my first bet in a about a year, ain't gonna break the bank!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

No offence taken.

A €20 bet, my first bet in a about a year, ain't gonna break the bank!

Fair enough! Genuinely, hard luck. Liverpool should have been good enough to win in a game they had reason to look for revenge in. Shame.

As long as someone has the money to lose then no issues with them betting on whatever. My worry would be people who regularly put on massive accumulators and can't really afford it or are chasing losses, clearly that's not you.

Advertisement